Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Win a Tata Aria Contest not being managed well

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
The one I got wrong was "Gurantees a smooth ride". This hints bookmark in the pic was next to the wheel. So what would you guess this is for?

They happily switched features 29 and 36 without informing people who had already completed. Infact when I first tried to fill in the features, 36 didnt even have a hint!
So now I understand how I messed up 2 answers in the list ! I was looking at the answers and my entries and I was so surprised how could I make such a STUPID mistake !! Now you post answers all those.

Its bad that they didn't let the participants know what was changed.

Some one said TATA is getting a lot of publicity, but unfortunately its more of negative publicity if you check FB. A classic example of a good branding exercise gone wrong, that too for a good product.
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@BBR_SHR - I guess TATA ARIA is getting bad publicity.
Agreed.
But as mentioned by Oscar Wilde in an aphorism "There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is NOT being talked about."
BBR_SHR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:20   #18
BHPian

Even I participated. And I also researched a lot. I also got 35 correct answers.

How did you find out which one was the wrong answer that you selected.
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:27   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
How did you find out which one was the wrong answer that you selected.
If you go to the Aria FB page, there is a post with the link to the correct answers. You just need to keep that and the contest page side by side & compare!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:34   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
1. The company or the people running the contest have a list of rules and regulations, one of which says they can change the rules of the said contest when they want. Also, the way they select a winner is at their digression. They are not obligated to share any results with you.
Well, it is not that simple. They can't do whatever they want. Such contests are subject to the Monopolies And Restrictive Trade Practices Act (1969). If sued under the act, Tata will have to disclose everything and prove that they didn't take any unfair action.

The Monopolies And Restrictive Trade Practices Act, 1969
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:36   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, it is not that simple. They can't do whatever they want. Such contests are subject to the Monopolies And Restrictive Trade Practices Act (1969). If sued under the act, Tata will have to disclose everything and prove that they didn't take any unfair action.

The Monopolies And Restrictive Trade Practices Act, 1969
Yes I know about this, I have studied the whole thing (and it is a royal pain to do so), but I am sure there are points in the terms and conditions (which no one bothers to read) that one must go through instead of crying foul.
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I know about this, I have studied the whole thing (and it is a royal pain to do so), but I am sure there are points in the terms and conditions (which no one bothers to read) that one must go through instead of crying foul.
Yes, we can cry foul. We are customers (existing or prospective, doesn't matter) and we are just expressing our dissatisfaction. If Tata Motors thinks that the issue is snowballing, then they can just give a detailed Ad explaining the features and the hints. They can be transparent and not hide behind technicalities or legalities. I don't think this is a big deal

Confession : I've not participated (I lost interest in the ad itself when they advertised run-of-the-mill features as state of the art technologies)
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

They revealed those 36 features, here is the link
Tata Aria Blog : The 36 Hi-Tech Features Revealed - How many did you get right?
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those comments are a direct result of disgruntled people not being selected for the next round. It is only normal. We had the same issue when we hosted the Young Driver contest on behalf of Maruti Suzuki. There are alot of people who just want everything for free. They should instead put their time into doing more productive things.
Are you professionally/personally related to any of the companies involved in this contest/event?
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:35   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Are you professionally/personally related to any of the companies involved in this contest/event?
Nope. I am halfway around the world man. I didnt even know this existed until i read this thread.
Old 23rd July 2011, 15:55   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but I am sure there are points in the terms and conditions (which no one bothers to read) that one must go through instead of crying foul.
I am sorry, but you have entirely missed the point. The purpose behind such an exercise is to generate positive publicity. However, if you change the rules IN THE MIDDLE OF A RUNNING COMPETITION, that's going to negatively affect your campaign. Net net, the original purpose of this contest is unmet.

It doesn't matter what is covered in the terms & conditions. But from the few posts of those who have participated, clearly there have been errors which could have / has affect the outcome.

You can stick to your T&C and the legalities all you want. Yet, in doing so, you have missed the primary objective of your campaign.

Do you know that many hotels maintain a clause that they can evict you at any time, at their own discretion, in their T&C? Perhaps, you wouldn't mind being woken up at 3 a.m. & being suddenly asked to empty your room? Maybe even feel good about it since this clause was included in their T&C?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:50   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am sorry, but you have entirely missed the point. The purpose behind such an exercise is to generate positive publicity. However, if you change the rules IN THE MIDDLE OF A RUNNING COMPETITION, that's going to negatively affect your campaign. Net net, the original purpose of this contest is unmet.

It doesn't matter what is covered in the terms & conditions. But from the few posts of those who have participated, clearly there have been errors which could have / has affect the outcome.

You can stick to your T&C and the legalities all you want. Yet, in doing so, you have missed the primary objective of your campaign.

Do you know that many hotels maintain a clause that they can evict you at any time, at their own discretion, in their T&C? Perhaps, you wouldn't mind being woken up at 3 a.m. & being suddenly asked to empty your room? Maybe even feel good about it since this clause was included in their T&C?
We dont even really know if they changed the rules of not rushabh. All you have is the word of a person who hasnt one and who has been going all out to get some scraps out it this here and on other websites.

Also, about the last point, if I have signed an agreement at the hotel, they have every right to throw me out at 3 AM if they have a good enough reason. I dont see the point in your argument.
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:10   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, about the last point, if I have signed an agreement at the hotel, they have every right to throw me out at 3 AM if they have a good enough reason. I dont see the point in your argument.
He didn't mean just the T&C. He meant how would you feel. I mean no one in their right mind would be pleased if they suddenly entered the room without permission and tell you to evict, they may have the right, but the point is 'the customer satisfaction and goodwill' will be gone for ever,unless you are evicted for an emergency.
Old 23rd July 2011, 19:18   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We dont even really know if they changed the rules of not rushabh. All you have is the word of a person who hasnt one
A BHPian stating so is enough for me, unless specifically proven otherwise. Plus, there's complaints against the contest on other websites too.

Quote:
they have every right to throw me out at 3 AM if they have a good enough reason.
The good enough reason is that they committed a mistake, that's that! What if it's because of no wrong doing from your side? What if the hotel overbooked its rooms, thus committing an error, and asked you to vacate? Maybe, you'll still be happy as long as it's there in the T&C. But I can assure you that you are in the minority.
Old 23rd July 2011, 19:29   #30
BHPian

I usually do not participate in any of these and i am sure that a lot of manipulation exists and nothing is fair. Its just a marketing strategy to increase sales. I was invited to attend the musical night at palace grounds, Bangalore for having purchased the Manza on account of the some 4L sedan sale milestone achieved by Tata. Staying so close to Palace grounds and i still didn't prefer to attend because of the reason that i am sure that i would be treated as an un-welcomed guest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks