Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2017, 15:07   #1516
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

MF veterans, how do you keep track of your portfolio performance? Which tool/website do you use for tracking investments?

Earlier I used to use Fundsindia which had nice features that showed its performance, annualized returns, long term / short term gains etc. But to invest in MFs directly, I moved my investments to mfuonline.com. But there it is a pretty barebones website which makes it harder to track the performance. Any ideas how to do it?
Old 9th May 2017, 15:32   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
MF veterans, how do you keep track of your portfolio performance? Which tool/website do you use for tracking investments?

Earlier I used to use Fundsindia which had nice features that showed its performance, annualized returns, long term / short term gains etc. But to invest in MFs directly, I moved my investments to mfuonline.com. But there it is a pretty barebones website which makes it harder to track the performance. Any ideas how to do it?
I use mfuonline for investing, switching and redeeming and use valueresearch for keeping track. A bit clumsy but we don't have one site which has all the following:
  1. Ease of operations for investing
  2. Direct option:i.e. No cost
  3. Good stats and tracking software
  4. Good track record

Last edited by earthian : 9th May 2017 at 15:55.
Old 9th May 2017, 15:49   #1518
BANNED

Quote:

I use a spreadsheet on my laptop. Also, I use valueresearchonline.com tracker. This gives me a dual check. I also, take out an annual statement from the MF and use it for entering into my annual return table.
Old 10th May 2017, 10:26   #1519
BHPian

Hi,

You can get a consolidated account statement from Cams and Karvy and import it to Value Research. Hopefully, that covers all mutual funds and here are the links on how to do it:

Consolidated account statement -- CAMS + Karvy + FTAMIL (Franklin Templeton) + SBFS (Sundaram BNP Paribas):
https://www.camsonline.com/InvestorS...tementCKF.aspx

Import the statement to Value Research:
https://www.valueresearchonline.com/....asp?str=29673

Thanks,

Pradeep

Quote:

Last edited by pradkumar : 10th May 2017 at 10:31.
Old 10th May 2017, 23:57   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

valueresearchonline.com

They give you a free portfolio tracking feature.
I can show it to you in case you want to. I am also located in Pune.
Old 12th May 2017, 12:04   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
valueresearchonline.com

They give you a free portfolio tracking feature.
I can show it to you in case you want to. I am also located in Pune.
Having just been through this journey myself (Fundsindia to direct plans), I did a bunch of experimentation with the various options available - mfutil, mycams, wrappers around mfutil like unovest, invezta and orowealth and also the AMC websites, I have started using Unovest for my tracking and transaction needs.

The free plan lets you import the cams consolidated statement and shows analytics that are almost as good as FI. It also lets you transact in bulk, SIP's, STPs et al in a rather neat interface which is miles better than the MF util interface. The paid plans let you consolidate multiple CAN's (husband/wife/parents) into single account.

mycams was a let down with SIP's only allowed in a subset of the AMCs they support, mfutil works, but the usability sucks and of the mfutil wrappers, its harder to choose, but the credentials of the founder tipped me towards unovest.

mfutil + valueresearch can work as well, but it made sense to do the whole thing in a single point just like fundsindia used to offer.
Old 15th May 2017, 22:51   #1522
Distinguished - BHPian

Not about a Mutual fund, but about the IDBI Flexibonds issued in mid-90's.

I have a couple of these Bonds, taken when I was in BBY. I have since moved, and tried to get the bonds updated. But IDBI says that the signatures dont match. (now vs then). I am not sure how to clean this up and encash the bonds. Any ideas ?
Old 15th May 2017, 23:12   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

I have a couple of these Bonds, taken when I was in BBY. I have since moved, and tried to get the bonds updated. But IDBI says that the signatures dont match. (now vs then). I am not sure how to clean this up and encash the bonds. Any ideas ?
It's better to ask them directly what to do in such a case.

Usually a declaration on a notarized stamp paper of a certain amount should suffice.
Your lawyer (or any at your local court) will be able to draft it.
Old 16th May 2017, 02:39   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
I have started using Unovest for my tracking and transaction needs.

The free plan lets you import the cams consolidated statement and shows analytics that are almost as good as FI. It also lets you transact in bulk, SIP's, STPs et al in a rather neat interface which is miles better than the MF util interface. The paid plans let you consolidate multiple CAN's (husband/wife/parents) into single account.
Thanks for the info. I thought there is a onetime fee of Rs 2500 per year for anyone to transact on this Unovest website.
Old 16th May 2017, 18:30   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Thanks for the info. I thought there is a onetime fee of Rs 2500 per year for anyone to transact on this Unovest website.
As far as i know, no. I bought the diy plan because I need to manage my wife's CAN as well. I think the free plan does let you transact.
Old 18th May 2017, 18:48   #1526

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Usually when there is a signature mismatch, they ask for a signature verification by a bank where you have an account (preferably the same account where you want the money to be credited). Have done this for Demat account issues and they have accepted it.

Check with IDBI if they have any specific format. Else you can write your details including the bank name and account number, and sign. The bank manager will verify the details, and then sign it with his/her seal.
Old 19th May 2017, 09:46   #1527
BANNED

I am in the process of moving from Shares to a PMS. I think I can take a risk there, since MFs are almost certainly less risky that PMSs. Slowly I am divesting some of my shares.
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:22   #1528
Senior - BHPian

ICICI Prudential balanced fund has decided to hold 10% in REITs. What are the implications of this? Is is advisable to continue in the fund, or better to exit it?
Old 25th May 2017, 15:52   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
ICICI Prudential balanced fund has decided to hold 10% in REITs. What are the implications of this? Is is advisable to continue in the fund, or better to exit it?
A couple of debt funds which I own like Birla Sunlife Short Term Fund (and one HDFC fund also, I think) have decided to invest 10% in InvIT. I am going to continue for the reason that InvIT are deemed to safe bets (since they are already revenue generating). The overall effect is low (5-10% of the corpus) and it could provide a diversification for a pure debt-fund. Mind you, a pure debt-fund also has credit risks.
Old 27th May 2017, 03:58   #1530
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone of you invested in FoF Mutual funds? If you what has been your experience..
I have been quiet tempted with Quantum-Equity-FoF-Fund-Direct plan.

http://fundpicker.thefundoo.com/Fund...ity-FoF-Fund-D

At the moment i dont find much information details around it so looking for your views.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks