Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 22:43   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

One of my mutual funds - ICICI Value discovery was not performing at par when compared to my other two funds. SBI bluechip and Birla 95.

I redeemed from ICICI and now planning to make a switch to a new multicap fund.

Please recommend one.
Old 26th July 2017, 07:05   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Switch with the markets as high as they are? Value discovery fund is an excellent fund that has delivered consistent returns. Please stay invested - though if you already redeemed, use the redemption amount to clear for example any outstanding debt that you have, rather than ploughing it back into the markets at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
One of my mutual funds - ICICI Value discovery was not performing at par when compared to my other two funds. SBI bluechip and Birla 95.

Please recommend one.
Old 26th July 2017, 08:36   #1608
BHPian

Quote:

Please recommend one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Switch with the markets as high as they are? Value discovery fund is an excellent fund that has delivered consistent returns. Please stay invested - though if you already redeemed, use the redemption amount to clear for example any outstanding debt that you have, rather than ploughing it back into the markets at this stage.
+1 to that
Old 26th July 2017, 10:10   #1609
BANNED

Quote:

Please recommend one.
Quote:
He has already moved out. I agree with you that one has to be patient. And Value Discovery is an excellent fund. One should not have moved out.
Old 26th July 2017, 10:53   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
+1 to that
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
He has already moved out. I agree with you that one has to be patient. And Value Discovery is an excellent fund. One should not have moved out.
I have redeemed and deleted the biller from my bank.

If I wish to continue it, how should that be done? Need to call their customer care or start a new SIP in the same fund again?
Old 26th July 2017, 11:09   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
I agree. One of the reasons for below par return possibly is the total AUM which is touching 17k cr. It has become a large cap fund and expectations should be adjusted accordingly.
Old 26th July 2017, 19:42   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I wish to continue it, how should that be done? Need to call their customer care or start a new SIP in the same fund again?
I am not entirely sure if that can be done without repeating the process of adding biller, but I came across this
https://www.camsonline.com/COL_COTM.aspx

It seems to be the answer to such problem in the future.
Old 27th July 2017, 00:53   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
So better take a call every two years.
Thanks @Digital!

Request Gurus to advice on the following:

After reading through the thread about the benefits of direct funds (versus indirect/AMCs), I went ahead and completed the process of getting CAN via MF utility. I am waiting for some of my (newer) SIPs to complete an year, to avoid the exit load. The question now is, with the markets so high, does it make sense to switch to direct plans, as this would considered to be a full redemption?! What could be an ideal strategy to switch as I don't want to loose out on the direct plan benefits too?!
Old 29th July 2017, 22:05   #1614
Senior - BHPian

For ELSS mutual funds, which mode of investing is better - SIP or lump sum?

And if lump sum then it should be at the beginning of the financial year?

One issue I see with SIP mode in ELSS is that your each SIP locks in for 3 years.

Like if I invest 50k in lump sum mode in April 2017, I will get it in April 2020. But if I do SIP from April 2017, to April 2020, my last SIP in April 2020 will be available only in 2023. So actually a 3 year lock in becomes a 6 years in term of full redemption of money.
Old 29th July 2017, 22:14   #1615
BANNED

Quote:

One issue I see with SIP mode in ELSS is that your each SIP locks in for 3 years.

Like if I invest 50k in lump sum mode in April 2017, I will get it in April 2020. But if I do SIP from April 2017, to April 2020, my last SIP in April 2020 will be available only in 2023. So actually a 3 year lock in becomes a 6 years in term of full redemption of money.
SIP is always better.
If you insist on Lumpsum it's always better to do it in first week of April, or else you have to park the money in some instrument that will be taxed, say FD or Debt funds.
Why are you worried about lock in period of 3 years, in ideal scenario mutual fund investments should be for long term.
Only before you near your goal should you stop SIP and wait for three years. Say you have a goal of retiring at 60 and is using ELSS for that, at 57 you should stop the SIP and wait till 60.
Old 30th July 2017, 19:26   #1616
BHPian

Quote:

SIP is always better. The three year lock-in is per investment. For an SIP started from Apr 17, units will start getting unlock from Apr 2020 onward.

A Systematic withdrawal plan can then be done from Apr 2020. Start a new SIP from Apr 2020 into same/another ELSS for getting tax benefit for financial year 2020-21.
Old 31st July 2017, 10:56   #1617
BANNED

Value Discovery is even now a 4* fund on valueresearchonline.com. So they consider it good in both a short and long term perspective. I have also not heard anything adverse from my bank, StanChart. Being a Priority customer I do get the hear a lot on internal stuff.
Old 31st July 2017, 13:06   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Value Discovery is even now a 4* fund on valueresearchonline.com. So they consider it good in both a short and long term perspective. I have also not heard anything adverse from my bank, StanChart. Being a Priority customer I do get the hear a lot on internal stuff.
Value Discovery is overweight on Pharma and IT, two sectors which have not done well recently. That is the reason I think the fund has not done well recently.
Old 31st July 2017, 16:28   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have redeemed and deleted the biller from my bank.

Start a new sip using the same folio number as your existing sip that you redeemed. That way you don't need to do any further KYC.
Old 31st July 2017, 21:13   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please recommend one.
Reversed my decision, started new SIP with the same fund, will put redeemed amount in the fund in lump sum at a later date,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks