Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 11:57   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

I was researching on MOSS and read several complains of forgery. They sell stuff without your authorization and SEBI does nothing for the investor.
Hope Parag Parikh does not have such incidents.
mosl mutual fund is a product by the fund house and their franchisees have nothing to do with the functioning of the mutual fund.

I have chosen this fund due to their stock selection. Mostly blue-chip mid caps. My personal stocks are mostly large caps. Sundaram SMILE is for some 'tadka' of well chosen small caps. I don't have enough time to research obscure small caps on my own.

But equity is the best asset class to be in right now.
Old 14th October 2014, 17:59   #677
J.Ravi

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

After many years, today, I invested online in the following open-ended MF schemes:

Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund Direct-Growth

Franklin India High Growth Companies Fund Direct-Growth

Both these schemes are ranked first by moneycontrol.com in the respective category and rated by CRISIL as 'very good performance in the category'. Let me see how my investment grows in the months to come.

Old 14th October 2014, 18:05   #678
BANNED

@J.Ravi; I do not go for any new scheme until it has proven itself on the marketplace. Also, I prefer diversified funds.
Old 15th October 2014, 16:09   #679
J.Ravi

Today, I invested online in Franklin Build India Fund - Direct - Growth, which is given five stars both by Value Research and MorningStar.

I have also registered online for creation of folio for online investment with Birla Sun Life MF, which was very easy; no need to go to their office or submit paper application and documents. I will get verification call in two days afterwhich my folio will be activated, and later, I can invest online.

Old 19th October 2014, 19:32   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Invest 80 percent of your corpus into MOSL focus 25, 20 percent into Sundaram SMILE. And start an SIP into parag parikhs PPFAS value fund. All direct plans with the growth option. Sit on your investments for 5 years and thank me later

P. S. Never sell your equity assets. Take a loan on them to meet financial needs and pay the interest. You'll thank me in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazimk24 View Post
With a horizon that short, the only investments I would suggest are debt MFs - probably a good dynamic bond fund or a longer-duration fund (considering rates have likely peaked out).

If you still want to up the risk quotient by adding equity, look at a hybrid fund with low/50 percent equity exposure.

Thank you guys for the advice. I will consider these during my research on funds. Kindly pardon the delay in reply.

Last edited by Me-hul : 19th October 2014 at 19:40.
Old 20th October 2014, 23:47   #681
BHPian

Was looking at parking some money into a relatively secure option (other than bank FD) and was looking at bond funds, going by the logic that interest rates wont go up further & hence bond funds should be beneficial.

Is it a wise idea, considering the relatively secure option need, to invest in Franklin Templeton India Government Securities Long Term Plan? (link)
Old 21st October 2014, 11:40   #682
BHPian

Hi guys, I'm looking at investing into MF, and don't have much of an experience in this. I've traded in the stock market based on 'he said buy this, so let me buy some', and though I've made decent gains, I know this is not the right way of investing money as it is very risky since I'm not studying the market and going solely based on tips.

My age is 21 and don't have any dependencies, so for starters, I'm looking to invest 20k every month which I feel is a decent amount when starting (could increase this amount later once I see that I'm on the right track). I'm planning to go for 4 SIPs worth 5k each (don't want to keep all the eggs in one basket). I am looking at growth plans and don't mind taking a risk, so can someone suggest me any good funds which I could shortlist? The returns through small & mid-cap growth funds look pretty good.

Last edited by prateekm : 21st October 2014 at 11:43.
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:24   #683
BHPian

Hi,

Prateek pointed me to this thread. Though I am not tracking MFs at all, I would suggest everyone to read this interview of Prashant Jain done last month. I would say pick fund managers and not funds. Prashant Jain and Kenneth Andrade are my favorites just based on the knowledge they have shared through interviews and articles.

http://www.indiainfoline.com/article...1400375_1.html

Cheers

Vindy
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:50   #684
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Was looking at parking some money into a relatively secure option (other than bank FD) and was looking at bond funds, going by the logic that interest rates wont go up further & hence bond funds should be beneficial.
Depends n your risk apetite and horizon. In the long term some Equity component is a must for beating inflation. ou may look at Equity Oriented Balanced Funds (best returns on a 10+ and even 5+ year time horizon), Debt oriented funds (safer, but have tax liability), or variable debt-equity ratio funds, eg ICICI Pru Balanced Advantage (Equity oriented, so tax benefits) or Franklin Dynamic PE Ratio Fund (wide range, hence no tax benefits).
Old 4th November 2014, 07:12   #685
BHPian

Re: NRI investments into MF?

I got to see this message, when i tried investing online with Franklin Templeton. All these time, I have been investing through ICICIDirect and it goes through without any hurdles. Has the rules changed for an NRI investing in indian mutual funds?

"The information herein is not for distribution and does not constitute an offer to buy or sell or the solicitation of any offer to buy or sell the units under any of the scheme to U.S Persons or persons resident in Canada. Hence, the units of the schemes can be purchased by persons other than 'U.S Person' and residents in Canada. Applicants for the web access facility are hence required to declare their U.S Person and Canadian resident status. The term "U.S. Person" shall mean any person that is a "United States Person" within the meaning of Regulation S under the United States Securities Act of 1933 or as defined by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, as the definition of such term may be changed from time to time by legislation, rules, regulations or judicial or administrative agency interpretations."
Old 4th November 2014, 08:41   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I'm planning to go for 4 SIPs worth 5k each (don't want to keep all the eggs in one basket). I am looking at growth plans and don't mind taking a risk, so can someone suggest me any good funds which I could shortlist?
Hi Prateek,
I have been investing in sector based equity funds for a while now. You can check Funds like SBI Pharma Growth Fund or ICICI Prudential Technology Fund. Do some read on ValueResearchOnline dot com or MoneyControl dot com about such sector based stocks. With little awareness you can yourself pick steam rolling sectors and then put your money in right baskets .
From my experience these funds gave a handsome return ( of course it was also due to the Modi effect post elections ).
Best of luck.
Old 5th November 2014, 15:35   #687
BHPian

So after doing a bit of research, have decided to go forward with 3 funds;

1. HDFC Equity Fund - Growth Plan
2. Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund -Growth
3. UTI-Mid Cap Fund - Growth

All are SIP at 5000 per month for 12 months. Might go in for a sector based stock for the 4th one in a couple of days.
Old 26th November 2014, 14:23   #688
Senior - BHPian

Looking for some tax saving MFs. Planning to make the investment in SIPs spread over the next 3 months. Please suggest something good.
Old 26th November 2014, 14:40   #689
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Looking for some tax saving MFs.
Franklin India Taxshield Fund Growth

MorningStar has given 'gold' rating for this fund.

http://www.morningstar.in/gold-rated-mutual-fund.aspx

The Mutual Funds Thread-goldmf.jpg

I too have invested in this to avail section 80C benefits.

Old 27th November 2014, 08:18   #690
BANNED

@prateekm; I will avoid UTI MF they are still very bureaucratic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks