Originally Posted by V1P3R
Psycho says: "...need lots of low-speed running-in for the new car..."

McL hears: "blah blah blah SPEED RUN blah blah blah..."
Hahahahahaha!! Awesome signature V1p3r.

cya
R
Old 6th March 2006, 14:20   #32
BHPian

ahhh Rahul... glad to see that your search for the elusive baleno has finally ended!!! Sorry I couldnt help much but as you know I was in Delhi. Have fun with her dude. Almost everyone I know including myself have named our cars... mine is christened valentine 1... did you name yours anything yet?!!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 7th March 2006, 00:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congo Buddy. Have fun with your new set of wheels.
Old 7th March 2006, 03:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885

The final offer that i got is as follows :

1. Car on the road price = 6.8L as of 28th feb 2006 ...

Discounts that i got are :

1. 22k discount as in free insurance ..
2. 25k gift cheque for accessories etc ...
3. 9k slash with the new prices coming to effect today ..
4. 15k corporate discount ..
5. Still negotiating for fog lamps - (sagar had offered free fog lamps along with body coloured paint for the door handles , mirrors etc) .. However im still looking to see if RNS will give me the same .. I seriously hope so .. Prefferd sticking to RNS because of their brilliant service atleast to me .. I vouch for them with my eyes closed ..
6. 4k discount as i didnt want extended warranty ..

Total discount = INR 75k without the fog lamps .. With the fog lamps it will be around 88.5k .. I think its quite a good deal ...

Car colour chosen was pearl silver , my 1st choice was silky silver but as i couldnt wait for another 6 days for the delivery of the silky silver , decided to go in for the pearl silver itself .. Car was bought on a loan from ICICI .. DP made was 1.25L , loan was taken for a period of 5yrs at 8% reducing at 85% funding .. That gives me a good budget to work on my car for speedrun 2006 hopefully ..

Accessories : As usual the basic accessories like mud flaps , foot mat , idol etc are being given by the company itself .. Apart from this i have placed an order for the MGA spoiler at 8k .. Guys is it worth it ??? Also dad wanted to know if its possible to get the seat height adjuster from the VXi onto the LXi version .. If not , would it be possible to fit the VXi drivers seat onto the LXi model .. This would help dad and mom if and when they drive the car as they are not that tall .. Guys if u have any ideas , pls let me know ?? As of now the company guys have promised to get back to me with the details of whether it can be done .. Apart from this im planning to get the headlamps upgraged to 90/100 W and get the side impact strips .. Have i left out anything else .. Guys pls point out if i have ..
I would not suggest you to go with MGA spoiler because it is not VFM. You would better find some of the other models which would fit OHC Vtec or Lancer. Check out with some of the off the market people.

And make sure you find out with yoru loan processing guy, whether he hasgiven Discount on loan to you. Because they normally give you 3% discount on your loan amount, but then your EMI is more in that case.
These days, all car sales guys are giving this reduction in the form of dealer discounts. double check with him and confirm that. My suggestion would be to not to avail that discount on loan as your EMI will increase and you will end up paying more.
And regarding Alloys, you can go any brand like NEO, Aura or PLati.. they are good and you have more options in them. Go for 185 60 R14. That will give you good grip on roads and track.

All the best.

Balenoboy
Old 21st March 2006, 20:32   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Update : Cancelled the booking on the spoiler , decided to get a GT-wing shortly .. Instead bought a K&N filter and spent the rest on track day .. Yet to install the filter .. Shall do so by next weekend .. And yes i did get the fogs free .. That takes the discount upto 94k .. ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 21st March 2006 at 20:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks