Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 16:40   #19006
BHPian

Silver Alto K10 | M6 Base Parking | Vikhroli

Checked out the Silver Alto K10 (MH04-E#-46#5) at Cap, M6, Vikhroli (W) parking.

BHPian, disguise yourself...
Old 7th August 2012, 16:47   #19007
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

May I have a suggestion here?

I m sure its great excitement at having seen a fellow Bhpian on road, but may I request people to atleast mask the registration numbers when posting the Pics?

Not many of us would be very comfortable disclosing their numbers. Not sure about the reason for that but just assuming from the number of photos in ownership reviews and other places where up-loaders have masked their number plates before uploading.

In such a scenario, I guess for courtesy sake atleast we should mask the numbers since it is not our own vehicle that we are posting a picture of and the owner would not really fancy disclosing his number.

Did nt mean to offend anyone, just a suggestion.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:39   #19008
BHPian

Delhi Spotting.
Where : MG Road going towards Delhi
When : 7th August 2012, 5.40 pm
What : Black Hyundai Accent DL *844 with LTD sticker.

I am giving up on Delhi spottings. Never ever acknowledged.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:42   #19009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

Not many of us would be very comfortable disclosing their numbers. Not sure about the reason for that but just assuming from the number of photos in ownership reviews and other places where up-loaders have masked their number plates before uploading.

In such a scenario, I guess for courtesy sake atleast we should mask the numbers since it is not our own vehicle that we are posting a picture of and the owner would not really fancy disclosing his number.

The reason is this - in case the registration numbers are there along with the owner's private house (for eg. when a car is parked in front of the house or apartment), then it does compromise that person's residence location in the photo.

A contrasting point of view here - while I respect others' need for privacy, I don't see any reason for masking the number plates when the picture is taken on a public road. Members posting spottings here are merely capturing a snapshot of the road at that point in time, where the spotted vehicle was part of the road traffic. Out on the road, can we mask the number plates physically and drive the car? What is there to hide with the registration number? They are put there on display for a reason. Anyway, with the owner's registration number, what misuse can one do? At the most, they may be able to check the vehicle's traffic offenses on the traffic police website. If the spotted member is so concerned that his extremely confidential, top secret registration number is found out, he need not acknowledge here at all . Simple.

Last edited by KarthikK : 7th August 2012 at 17:50.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:42   #19010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
@ Ajay_Satpute & Thar4x4: Did you two spot the same Alto or different? I can't distinguish between beige & Gold colour.

This fiesta must be one belonging to 'siddeshb'. Haven't you spotted his Ford Endeavor as well in same complex?

Yes as a matter of fact I have
Old 7th August 2012, 19:29   #19011
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this White Figo KA 05 ** 7304 with "got bhp" on the back windscreen, parked in Sherwood High School, Time: around 12:10 PM. Who are you mate?

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-figo_aug7th12.jpg
Old 7th August 2012, 19:45   #19012
BHPian

Would anyone own up the white i20 seen on 2/Aug evening near Agara lake. I think it was being chauffeur driven. Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20120802_181206_459.jpg
Old 7th August 2012, 20:24   #19013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
May I have a suggestion here?

I m sure its great excitement at having seen a fellow Bhpian on road, but may I request people to atleast mask the registration numbers when posting the Pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The reason is this - in case the registration numbers are there along with the owner's private house (for eg. when a car is parked in front of the house or apartment), then it does compromise that person's residence location in the photo.

A contrasting point of view here - while I respect others' need for privacy, I don't see any reason for masking the number plates when the picture is taken on a public road. Members posting spottings here are merely capturing a snapshot of the road at that point in time, where the spotted vehicle was part of the road traffic. Out on the road, can we mask the number plates physically and drive the car? What is there to hide with the registration number? They are put there on display for a reason. Anyway, with the owner's registration number, what misuse can one do? At the most, they may be able to check the vehicle's traffic offenses on the traffic police website. If the spotted member is so concerned that his extremely confidential, top secret registration number is found out, he need not acknowledge here at all . Simple.
Most of the people who have a T-bhp sticker on their car surely know that he'd be spotted from time to time and the spotting maybe posted on this thread. If someone wanted to be so discreet and felt like the registration number was an intrusion of his privacy he wouldn't have the sticker in the first place right?

@KarthikK
I completely second what you said about the need to mask a number plate if its in front of the owners place of residence or place of work. On public roads,mall parking lots it shouldn't really matter.

Again, a contrasting point of view in light of what vibbs said. He has a valid point too. I think members could make it a point to religiously upload pictures or details of spottiings with a part of the number plate masked or hiding the series. For eg- HR 26xx 1234. The person who needs to acknowledge it, will immediately recognise his own car even by the 4 digits or by the sticker positioning on his car and colour. The entire registration number isnt required as such.

I would like to add another suggestion. Considering how most delhi & NCR spottings go unacknowledged, how about having some system from now on where people who buy stickers should enter the 4 digits of their car numbers along with their purchase order. So lets says someone spots me and posts here, and I don't acknowledge. Instead of wondering who it was,(yes it happens),he could alternatively look up T-bhp'ians who have registration numbers end in '7137'. Just an idea guys!
Old 7th August 2012, 22:23   #19014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post

I would like to add another suggestion. Considering how most delhi & NCR spottings go unacknowledged, how about having some system from now on where people who buy stickers should enter the 4 digits of their car numbers along with their purchase order. So lets says someone spots me and posts here, and I don't acknowledge. Instead of wondering who it was,(yes it happens),he could alternatively look up T-bhp'ians who have registration numbers end in '7137'. Just an idea guys!
One of the reasons for no acknowledgement could be that they are non-members. Not everyone buying the stickers from the team-bhp store is a member or an auto enthusiast. I have my friend in office telling that he bought the stickers and distributed to his friends! What do we have to say about this. Acknowledgement to postings/sitings would remain a tricky issue.
Old 7th August 2012, 22:57   #19015
BHPian

Okay here are my two cents :

We have a lot of sightings and 2-3 pages increase on a daily basis. Considering some of us have extremely hectic life styles and might indulge in the forum only twice/thrice a week, there are people missing out when they're spotted. Also, some folks might not have subscribed to this thread. Then there are others like me, who after multiple spottings are yet to get a response online from respective owners.

Since BHPians come from every part of the country, it will be a handful for the mods to create an individual thread for each city. So I guess we will have to live with it and be happy about those who respond.

Last edited by AbhishekB86 : 7th August 2012 at 22:59. Reason: typo!
Old 8th August 2012, 10:16   #19016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Gurgaon spotting a while back on golf course road:

Black outlander having reg no ending with 7181/ 7161; LTD as well as 'got bhp?' stickers on the tail door. Overtook me, not sure if the driver noticed LCLC sticker on the back of my car. No acknowledgment of headlight flashes though.
Sorry bloodred for missing your flashes - not only were we a wee bit late for a 1 p.m. appointment, but my son was holding my attention with his talks

Also, apologies for a delayed acknowledgment - had seen your post on Sunday itself on mobile app but it doesn't allow multiple quoting and I had to respond to you and Anshuman both, hence the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
You spotted the car with the most spottings in Gurgaon, belongs to Aloksriva
That's a remarkable distinction, thanks Anshuman

Today's spotting - Sweet looking black swift with LTD on rear bumper's right corner coming out of South City -1 and joining HUDA City Centre main road. Driven by a Sikh gentleman. Waved hello and was acknowledged. Who are you sir?
Old 8th August 2012, 10:23   #19017
Senior - BHPian

Pune spotting

What: Golden coloured Innova [MH01 AH xxxx]
Sticker: LTD sticker on bottom right of rear windshield
Where : EON IT Park, Kharadi, Cluster D parking
When : Aug 8, 9.30 - 9.40 AM

What: Maroon coloured Wagon-R [MH12 BG xxxx]
Sticker: Got BHP and I Drive Safe stickers on bottom left & right of rear bumper respectively.
Where : EON IT Park, Kharadi, entrance
When : Aug 8, 9.30 - 9.40 AM

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 8th August 2012, 10:40   #19018
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore spotting

1) Red i10 KA 51 ** 8525 with "got bhp" on the back bumper(right side), Location: near hulimavu signal, Bannerghatta Road. Time: Yesterday, 11:00 PM.

2) Spotted this Swift KA 04 ** 9726 with PDS and LTD, Location: Near Electronic City stop, Hosur Road. This morning around 7:00 AM

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-swift_aug8th12.jpg

3) Spotted(through ORVM) a Black i20 with IDS on the back bumper(right side). It was a KA 51 registration. Location: Near Gottegere junction, Time: 8:30 PM. I think it could be guyfrmblr.
Old 8th August 2012, 13:21   #19019
BHPian

Been spotting this Alto in my college for the past 3 months.
LTD on the hatch, Drive Safe on the side. Who are you BHPian??
Place: SRM, Ramapuram Campus

Name:  ForumRunner_20120808_132103.png
Views: 1023
Size:  631.1 KB

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2012 at 13:02. Reason: Removing double
Old 8th August 2012, 15:58   #19020
Senior - BHPian

What: Greenish Figo with reg no MH-12 Hx xxxx
Where: Baner Road near Vijay Sales showroom
When: Around 3 PM
Sticker: LTD on the LHS on rear bumper