Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 08:43   #1156

Re: How did you come up with your username?

My name is Balaji, a are very common name in Southern India. Unless I am a first mover in a forum, this name is usually taken.

So to make it easy took first letter from my name and my father's name, and spelt it using aviation phonetics.

BravoMike!
BravoMike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 09:30   #1157
BHPian

I became a member here in 2011. Had just got the 1st gen Toyota Fortuner and was in love with the 3.0 D4d engine. Hence D4d-maniac.
D4d-maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 16:47   #1158
BHPian

In my excitement during filling the form and hoping to get admission to this forum, I forgot to spellcheck .. and now am stuck with a wrongly spelled username !
Evyas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 08:00   #1159
BHPian

When I created my email ID years back, girishnehete (Girish+Nehete - first name+last name) was already taken. Hence, removed the i's from Girish and added the surname.
Eversince, the username has remained same in almost all websites.
grshnehete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 23:48   #1160
BHPian

Mine came from a conversation that i had with my father regarding speed - shortly before my membership was approved. Its either only that or more if the road allows! Even on the Ntorq when my dad is pillion :-XD
100Kmphormore is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 13:48   #1161
BHPian

Bhokal is a Hindi language comic from Raj Comics. I used to read it (and others like Nagraj, Dhruv, Bankelal, Parmanu, Doga etc) when I was a small kid.
Bhokal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 21:18   #1162
BHPian

My username is based on the greatest V10 engine produced of all time (according to me) - the lexus LFA's NA V10. Its code name is 1LR-GUE.
1LR-GUE is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 23:55   #1163
BHPian

Mine story is rather random, dating back a few years ago. While going out with some friends from school, we had a taxi driver who took the entrance ramp of a cloverleaf junction of Hyderabad's ORR in... let's just say, a spirited manner. While the others in the car had the living daylights scared out of them, I myself enjoyed those 30 or so seconds! Following that, someone said "unexpected practical demonstration of centrifugal force right there", to which I replied "I enjoyed that." If I recall correctly, it was sometime after my exams, so the information was fresh in our minds.

Hence, when making my username a year minus 20 days ago, that comment came back to me and I modified it to GForceEnjoyer in an attempt to signify that I enjoy acceleration in addition to cornering too. My profile picture is in fact of the G-Force meter of an Audi R8.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 01:58   #1164
Distinguished - BHPian

I think I may have posted this before, I don't remember.

My name is derived from konnakol, the language of South-Indian percussion. When I first heard this combination, it struck me that it sounds like an American name. They do use Thad as a name, and like to include initials too.

What combination? Well, anyone who has been to mridangam class should get it. Hint: if you are saying it right, it takes 7 beats.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 16:17   #1165
OEM
BHPian

Oh! this is easy.

I am bit of OCD (actually OEM) about everything in life. That includes my car.
Prefer to keep it as-bought condition.

Explains why my first gen Figo still has the original rating headlights (Guys driving the Figo know what I am talking about).
Old 25th August 2023, 22:36   #1166
BHPian

Mine is probably weird.

I play this online browser game called Illyriad and have been doing so since I was in B-School.

My username in that was Small Boy. Mainly because I'm the antithesis of small. At that time, I sported a long beard, an afro hair style, weighed 115 kilos of mostly fat and was 1.89 metres tall. So the name was supposed to be a lark.

Then later, I got penalised by the game admins for breaking what they called the COPPA - Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule, by calling myself/posing as underaged.

So I had to change my handle by a single alphabet, and here I am almost a decade later, with the handle of Small Bot, which I've grown to be proud of.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 10:06   #1167

Well, mine is from my standard handle I started using right from my online gaming days with Counter-Strike v1.6 followed by COD-warfares/warzones and later with the popular battle royale games like PUBG, COD-mobile etc.

It was always the same handle there from ages and the legacy continues
Old 31st August 2023, 11:43   #1168
BHPian

I claim myself Mystic as I am in an elusive search for enlightenment which is impossible for normal people like me to get an answer with in my life span.

My grandfather UG Krishnamurti took 50 years to find enlightenment and Bhaghavan Ramana Maharshi took more than a decade to find it. UG says not to waste time in search of enlightenment.

UG had an encounter at a very young age of 21 years with Bhaghavan Ramana Maharshi and he asked Ramana “Can you give me what you have?”. Ramana Maharishi ignored him but he persisted and asked the question again, “Whatever you have, can you give it to me. Finally, the master replied, “I can give you, but can you take it?” This left Krishnamurthi in shock and it took decades of search by UG before he found enlightenment.
Mystic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 11:50   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think I may have posted this before, I don't remember.

My name is derived from konnakol, the language of South-Indian percussion. When I first heard this combination, it struck me that it sounds like an American name. They do use Thad as a name, and like to include initials too.

What combination? Well, anyone who has been to mridangam class should get it. Hint: if you are saying it right, it takes 7 beats.
For a long time I believed that it is a Burmese or Thai name ! Then one day I read about the mridangam connection and was like 'Ah!'
Malyaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 11:56   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

I was a determined biotech undergrad once upon a time, in a different life. "Locus" means the exact spot on a chromosome where a gene is located. So I had created an email ID that had "locus" in it. My Team-BHP handle is just a watered-down alphabetical version of my alphanumeric email ID and Bob's your uncle.

Oh, and I ditched biotech for IT straight out of college and here I am.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks