Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2006, 14:11   #46
BHPian

all the way with the "no reservation policy"

come on guys there is no way towards development. ti wud rather take us where we started, 200-300 years back.

i m sure US or UK wud have been a third world country had they implemented something on these lines.

promote the deserving candidate.
Old 19th May 2006, 14:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

I am with the students on this. I know how passionate they are in these things. They study their *** out and score good marks and see some person with just average marks take their seat. I have personally been affected by this before and I feel for them.
Old 19th May 2006, 14:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
i m sure US or UK wud have been a third world country had they implemented something on these lines.
Today while having lunch in a restaurant at ITPL (For Non bangaloreans- This is an IT park) saw the police beat protesters in Patna. And then overheard a foreigner ask "Whats happening?". And his amazement when told about our reservation policy.
Old 19th May 2006, 14:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if I sound Pessimistic, but nothing is gonna change with all this petition & protest. I have seen how students were shot & allowed to burn during VP Singh's prime Ministership when The Mandal commision was setup.

SC\ST\OBC are big vote banks nothing can stop the Govt from implementing this quota :(

Though I obviously support the students but my hopes are low & only a miracle(if at all Supreme Court has some say) might help.
Old 19th May 2006, 16:15   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
Actually they do have something like this, they call it Affirmative action (U.S), or Positive Discrimination (UK). There it is done on the racial lines.
Old 19th May 2006, 16:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Actually they do have something like this, they call it Affirmative action (U.S), or Positive Discrimination (UK). There it is done on the racial lines.
That is Right. Both of the above have a lot of detractors and there are protests about the same too. Every Country has its own sets of problems. BTW, Here's an extract from the WIPRO top man on Reservations:
"
I think we should have job reservations in all the fields. I completely support the PM and all the politicians for promoting this. Let's start the reservation with our cricket team. We should have 10 percent reservation for muslims. 30 percent for OBC, SC/ST like that. Cricket rules should be modified accordingly. The boundary circle should be reduced for an SC/ST player. The four hit by an OBC player should be considered as a six and a six hit by a OBC player should be counted as 8 runs. An OBC player scoring 60 runs should be declared as a century. We should influence ICC and make rules so that the pace bowlers like Shoaib Akhtar should not bowl fast ***** to our OBC player. Bowlers should bowl maximum speed of 80 kkilometer per hour to an OBC player. Any delivery above this speed should be made illegal. Also we should have reservation in Olympics. In the 100 meters race, an OBC player should be given a gold medal if he runs 80 meters....."

Last edited by islandman : 19th May 2006 at 16:27.
Old 20th May 2006, 12:45   #52
BANNED

Government is adamant about increasing the reservation for SC/ST/OBC to 49.5% in top educational institutes. This leaves very little seats for the talented General Class students, who are already struggling.... Please join the Youth Forum for Justice. Please sign our petition against reservation and tell your friends to do the same. Remember, every single effort counts. As the petition reaches 1,00,000 count, it will be sent to The Hon'ble President of India. Sign Petition here ==> http://www.vyomworld.com/petition/ Pls pass on this link to your friends
Old 20th May 2006, 13:41   #53
ECM
BHPian

Dont waste time on discussing this unless you use yr frenchise all the time.All political parties know that upper class-business-educated class take less part during elections and each time we have some reason for NOT TO VOTE.Some says I am busy,some will give an excuse of attending some v.imp.meet or even raise their eye brows while repling to this.We need a lesson to learn out of this saga and untill and unless we don't vote we cant do anything in this episode so next time do use your valued vote to teach the lesson to such politicians so they can rethink their technics and stratergies.
No need to shout bcoz govt knows only vote bank left now is sc/st/obc for them.

Kindly don't post the entire message in bold. - Mod Team

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd May 2006 at 14:58.
Old 20th May 2006, 13:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

Bang on ECM. Bottom line is those who will get affected are not Vote Banks.
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:00   #55
Team-BHP Support

Interesting Interview of our HRD minister.

http://www.ibnlive.com/printpage.php...3&section_id=4
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

I used to wonder why I never got riled about reservation till I realised that I lived in the state with the highest reservation in the country! To be kind to this govt. I feel that this B*****D Arjun Singh just decided to make a move on his own and now the govt. has no option to go with it. I have nothing against reservation but feel that a max of two generations only are eligible for it. A definite must should be the denial of reservation to the creamy layer.
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Interesting Interview of our HRD minister.

http://www.ibnlive.com/printpage.php...3&section_id=4
It is as much clear that he doesn't care for logical argument or for that matter even for OBCs, except for his vote bank.

On hindsight, I feel it was waste of time to read that useless interview.
Old 22nd May 2006, 22:39   #58
BHPian

This is soomething really pathetic what the Govt is doing. There are lots of students who sit and study the whole year for the entrance exams and once the results are out the SC/ST's just grab the seat and just move on,,

All these politicians should be shot !!!

Remember RDB !!
Old 22nd May 2006, 23:21   #59
Team-BHP Support

Only votes can set these idiots right. If they get votes by doing this, they will do this. If they lose votes due to this, then they wont.
Deomocracy means "The more loved evil gets implemeted" Simple.
Now how many people who are vocal against all this have ever voted?
I stand guilty. I dont even have a voters ID card. I bet there are lots of people howling over here who have never seen a voting booth.
So quit whining and vote these idiots out.
Old 22nd May 2006, 23:56   #60
BHPian

i think i would be worth sharing this here....

Hi Friends, Sorry for giving you all a very bad news, it may be one of the worst news after the Independence. Subhash Srivastav an AIIMS student died at 6:44 pm on 20/05/2006, because of hunger strike protesting against reservation. Media is not allowed to cover it. Please pass this to all and help not to let down his sacrifice.

i received this in mail....

Note from mod: It is a rumour, do not believe it until facts become clear. This email about the death is being widely circulated to fan the fuels.
http://www.ndtv.com/template/templat...egory=National

Last edited by tsk1979 : 23rd May 2006 at 00:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks