Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2010, 22:54   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Fezza 458 Italia acceleration. Mind boggling !

YouTube - Jaw-Dropping Ferrari 458 pull! 1080p

This is the original Video where this clip has been copy/pasted from.

Belongs to a Ferrari F430 Scuderia Novitec Rosso tested by Option Auto.

I think i had posted this link a long time back on this same thread.
Old 24th August 2010, 22:48   #632
BHPian

Mods please Remove if posted earlier. this is really funny!

Old 17th September 2010, 17:12   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbops1 View Post
Check this - shows how to burn rubber till only metal is left that too in 7 mins.
Awesome driving.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.Youtube.com/v/4TshFWSsrn8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.Youtube.com/v/4TshFWSsrn8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Corrected the link.

Old 29th October 2010, 16:46   #634
Senior - BHPian

Top Gear's take on Driving Test in India and its consequences

Old 29th October 2010, 17:42   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm embarassed; this is putting the entire Indian license to question & shame!!!

Our Govt will start the enforcement & taking this seriously only when world bank stops funding

Nice video @MileC & Thanks for sharing. Its really a miracle as how our entire system is still working with chaos!!!
Old 31st October 2010, 15:12   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I'm embarassed; this is putting the entire Indian license to question & shame!!!

Our Govt will start the enforcement & taking this seriously only when world bank stops funding

Nice video @MileC & Thanks for sharing. Its really a miracle as how our entire system is still working with chaos!!!
Nice take aargee on that, but what seemingly has become so apparent in our everyday lifestyle, doesn't seem to bother us beyond embarassment (you, me and all of us). I am in turkey now and work with a lot of German friends here. They are absolutely aghast with the driving here in Turkey, they say they haven't seen anything like that before. And I am everyday sitting embarrassed at the thought what we have in India. And our driving license test is just a testimony to how we drive. Unfortunate yet true.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:23   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

The Video is a sham. There is no RTO in the country that will allow a test to be filmed besides there are several other discrepancies. There is never, never ever a driving test conducted for a lone individual. There is no RTO officer worth his/her salt that will sit in the car in the first place and that too without the infamous papers in their hands and to top it all pat you on your back.

So please stop paying heed to the Video. Not even Jeremy Clarkson is above board. If it were so we would not have fifth gear in the first place. Now that no one pays attention to what he says, he is stooping to yellow journalism.

Last edited by khoj : 1st November 2010 at 14:24.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:42   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
There is no RTO in the country that will allow a test to be filmed besides there are several other discrepancies.
+1

Quote:
There is never, never ever a driving test conducted for a lone individual.
+1

Quote:
There is no RTO officer worth his/her salt that will sit in the car in the first place and that too without the infamous papers in their hands and to top it all pat you on your back.
+1

I agree with all the above points @Khoj ji, but the truth is, there're no real time test conducted. My Wifey was simply asked to drive the car from one of the other candidate on the Maruti Omni, she drove straight for a Km & then the next one took the wheel, which is 99% same as what was seen in the above video. Another friend of mine was delivered a car driving license at home

All of us know very well that, passing in RTO is a piece of cake & requires only last minute of, not even "P" of, preparation. May be the video is shot through series of candid camera's & have been edited, who knows or even acted like you said.

But the truth is, entire world watches youtube, including the above video to draw their own conclusions.

Last edited by aargee : 1st November 2010 at 14:47.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:00   #639
Senior - BHPian

@khoj:
I agree with you. But not on the part that there is no RTO official who'd sit in the car without the 'papers'

@argee:
I doubt if they were shot with spy cams. Reason: All shots are perfectly lit, and well positioned.

Let me tell u my experience with the Chengannur RTO. Of course the RTO is corrupt as is everywhere, but not as bad as many would think. Myself and 3 others were asked to get inside an Amby. The assistant vehicle inspector/RTO (whom the driving school guys call "vehicle saar") was sitting in the front seat. He asked each one of us to drive for 1km. The route was through a narrow, and twisty road. He made a guy fail because that guy did not change gears and was crawling in first gear. How i knew he failed was, i saw the same guy in the RTO office when I went to collect my license - he said he didn't pass.

Last edited by silversteed : 1st November 2010 at 15:02.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:05   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All of us know very well that, passing in RTO is a piece of cake & requires only last minute of, not even "P" of, preparation. May be the video is shot through series of candid camera's & have been edited, who knows or even acted like you said.
Too many angles and clear shots for a candid camera, it is definitely acted inspite of what JC says in the beginning.

Quote:
But the truth is, entire world watches Youtube, including the above video to draw their own conclusions.
Agreed, but we can always post our comments on the videos.

Quote:
I agree with all the above points @Khoj ji, but the truth is, there're no real time test conducted. My Wifey was simply asked to drive the car from one of the other candidate on the Maruti Omni, she drove straight for a Km & then the next one took the wheel, which is 99% same as what was seen in the above video. Another friend of mine was delivered a car driving license at home
+1

EDIT
@silversteed, that is interesting and reflects the true going ons just as aargee mentions in his post.

Guys, if there are any more observations/comments let us take this to pm or start a new thread as we are going completely OT.

Last edited by khoj : 1st November 2010 at 15:11.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:30   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no RTO in the country that will allow a test to be filmed besides there are several other discrepancies. There is never, never ever a driving test conducted for a lone individual.
Why are we over-reacting here? It is clearly mentioned in the test that the video is "reconstructed". See the video again, especially between 0:16 and 0:18.

Our RTOs are certainly corrupt. In many cases, RTOs lack the facility to conduct a proper test - for my licence, i was asked to drive the car straight, take a U turn and return to the "camp". The drive was all of 500m long - but was smack in the middle of a market! The RTO is located inside the market, and they had no choice.
Old 1st November 2010, 16:45   #642
Senior - BHPian

@binaiks

Nice catch binaiks, had completely missed that. However there is no one "over reacting" here. Just a couple of guys exchanging views. Sometimes seeing too much is not good too
Old 1st November 2010, 17:01   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Video is a sham. There is no RTO in the country that will allow a test to be filmed besides there are several other discrepancies. There is never, never ever a driving test conducted for a lone individual. There is no RTO officer worth his/her salt that will sit in the car in the first place and that too without the infamous papers in their hands and to top it all pat you on your back.
Video clearly says its a reenactment of actual test. In my experience, test is no better (that is if it happens at all).
Old 1st November 2010, 17:34   #644
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-kind-rto.html
hmm..........quite an antithesis to my experience.......
Old 1st November 2010, 17:56   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
- for my licence, i was asked to drive the car straight, take a U turn and return to the "camp". The drive was all of 500m long - but was smack in the middle of a market! The RTO is located inside the market, and they had no choice.
For my license, I drove a Maruti-800 about 50 meters straight, inside a compound wall Near Ashok Nagar. And that was all about it. No questions asked, no signal test, no road test. Man, think of millions on the road taking to the wheel after such a terrific driving test. Like my European colleagues used to say, In India cars are driven by God, else there will be an accident on every road each minute.!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks