Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:42   #3376
BHPian

re: The Best & Worst Advertisements on TV

I generally have hated olx.com ads of "bech de".

But the grandmother, granddaughter ad when they sell the dining table on olx because no one from family is ready to sit together and eat lunch / dinner is truly outstanding.
It conveys the message in a nice manner of having good family values and importance of family get together
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:55   #3377
Distinguished - BHPian

In all the recent ads, I liked the bankbazaar.com ad more than all others.
The Piggy bank bun, 1000 Rs. notes cut into cheese slices, Punching machine waste falling down as reward points.
Crisp and nice way of explaining their business and solutions.

Old 27th March 2015, 17:25   #3378
BHPian

Simply loved this Ad. Felt very nostalgic while watching this even though I am not a mallu
Old 27th March 2015, 18:00   #3379
BHPian

Almost all the ads in this world cup were useless and the worst of the lot was the airtel add advocating keep papa happy. I mean such a irritating song ''foolon ka taro ka''
Old 17th April 2015, 06:34   #3380
Distinguished - BHPian

Katrina Kaif says " The world has moved from Air conditioners to Life conditioners." And I never knew this; I have to update my GK
I didn't like that ad one bit. She walks in so artificially and says this one sentence. And what is life conditioner supposed to mean?
Seriously, do celebrities in ads still help sales? Long back they must have but not now IMO.

On the other hand, the new " Daily Dillagi" ad series of tata sky during the IPL has been good so far.
All the ads by the end of the season if combined will make a movie.
You can see all ads till today at
http://www.tatasky.com/wps/portal/Ta.../dailyrecharge

They have gone so far into the campaign that they have created Facebook profiles for the 2 main characters.
In the ads, in small incidents they have advertised their product very well too...like how 2 days because of some reasons she doesn't come and buy the daily recharge voucher.
Overall I've liked it so far.
Old 21st April 2015, 17:57   #3381
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant Advert

Old 21st April 2015, 18:30   #3382
Team-BHP Support

The new Nike fitness ad about young women trying to live up to impossible standards, then realizing they can make their own is excellently made.

Social message in a slick presentation.
Old 24th April 2015, 16:15   #3383
Oxy
BHPian

Now a moronic MP goes bonkers over the Fevikwik ad.

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india...on-232081.html
Old 24th April 2015, 19:17   #3384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Now a moronic MP goes bonkers over the Fevikwik ad.

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india...on-232081.html
"Todo Nahi, Jodo." : Is what Mukesh Ambani had said (in jest, to the TV News channel head) after he was lectured (on stage) by a guy who he'd just presented an 'Indian of the Year' award.

Dunno why Fevikwik is patronising / flattering Mukesh Ambani. Maybe the MP has a problem with that.

Else, to me, there's no other logical reason.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 24th April 2015 at 19:18.
Old 24th April 2015, 20:13   #3385
BHPian

The soundtrack of the new Bajaj Platina ad is very irritating. Is it just me?

Old 25th April 2015, 07:37   #3386
BHPian

The new cadbury perk ad featuring alia bhat is irritating to the core
Old 25th April 2015, 12:15   #3387
BHPian

Liked the new Amazon ads "aur dikao aur dikhao ".
We all have that attitude. Show us more more and more. lol
Old 27th April 2015, 08:09   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Did you guys see the new Flipkart ad, promoting their Mobile App ?

A girl takes an auto to go shopping. She keeps stopping at various shops. The auto guy gets frustrated and speaks to the gi

Auto guy - Is this a smartphone you are holding ?
Girl - Yes this is a smartphone.
Auto guy - Haven't you installed the Flipkart mobile app ?
Girl - No.
Auto guy - Please install it.

The expressions and dialogue delivery are priceless.
Old 27th April 2015, 15:38   #3389
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe I'm one of the few who is against popular preferences but there hasn't been one advert I've loved that was made in India, not one. Sure a few were funny enough, a few were catchy but not a single one was simple & elegant whilst driving the point straight home.

Our ads are all about colours, song, dance, joint-families with the kitchen sink thrown in, with incredibly loud & abhorrent clichéd dialogues. Why do they think that we Indians as consumers only respond to colour, Bollywood-style song and dances & endorsements to purchase a product? Is it not the main point of advertising to focus on the product? I agree it cannot be a plain vanilla world but this is all flavour and no substance. Absolutely zero-intelligence in planning & implementation. Let me give a few examples :

- Hundreds of adverts showing how "smart" each phone is, duh all of them have Android OS and all have the same capabilities. Words like smart, efficient, videos, music etc are redundant when it comes to advertising an Android phone - show what makes YOUR brand special, even if it is only the value.
- Billions of adverts showing internet shopping with irritating theme songs where people are shown having so much energy and enthusiasm to shop endlessly online. Is transport of a commodity available mostly within 5-10km around you home, to your home such a big deal? They are only freight/logistics managers if you cut the fluff and smoke.
- I see brilliant products fail due to abysmal adverts, there is so much greatness in that product that no competition can touch it & the only thing they show in the ad is a celebrity endorsing it & indulging in a few gissa-pita jokes.
- "Doctors" & "professionals" testimonials > 99 times out of 100 any testimonials/recommendations in ads are by "actors" wearing a lab coat/uniform or people pretending to be actors wearing a lab coat/uniform.

Marketing has always interested me and to me marketing & advertising involves setting one product apart from the rest, convincing people (using the truth) as to why a product is good. Low price is no longer a reason for people to blindly buy a product.. the value one gets for the price must be shown because face it, if you have no faith in your product and you rely on pathetic ads and misinformation to boost sales then your product is epic-fail. And oh one more thing, I sure hope that the good old "touch, feel and buy" system NEVER goes out of fashion, it sure beats the "click, open and cry" method as is evidenced by numerous customers ripped off by online shopping.

Special credit to Airtel, Vodafone, Myntra, YepMe, Amazon, Flipkart etc without whom the world wouldn't know what lame ads really are.
Old 27th April 2015, 16:03   #3390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Maybe I'm one of the few who is against popular preferences but there hasn't been one advert I've loved that was made in India, not one.........
Your opinion holds true for MOST ads made in India, but surely not ALL.

There are some classics (subject to personal opinion, of course): The Cadbury ad from the 90s, the Safari 'Reclaim your life' campaign, the recent Bournvita ad with the mom & son combo, just to name a few that were tastefully done without being loud and obnoxious. Even the usually lame Airtel came up with the 'two boys playing football across the border fence' idea, one of their subtle yet tastefully done ads.

You do need to consider their target audience while judging them; the layman Indian on the street loves the sort of loud stuff you (and I and lot others) find tacky. The mass-marketer will always cater to the lowest common denominator. A subtle ad that one need to pay attention to understand will probably find no traction with the impatient majority. It's all about eyeball-grabbing these days, esp. in the age of nano-second attention spans and ads have fallen prey to it too, unfortunately. I won't even bother voicing my opinion about the app-shopping ads that seem to be everywhere

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th April 2015 at 16:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks