Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 12:07   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Well the sprite ad has an awesome background score
Old 17th October 2008, 14:05   #1022
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the current Reliance ad continues to make merry - the one about scribbling on rocks.

Complaints had no effect on it?
Old 17th October 2008, 14:40   #1023
BHPian

RBS bank ad now changed and congratulates him for his mighty achievement.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:47   #1024
Senior - BHPian

I just can't tolerate those Samsung ads feat. Aamir Khan. Once upon a time ads featuring him used to be the best among the starry ads. Have Aamir's mannerisms in those ads got anything to do with his charachter in Ghajini. Guys who have seen the original Ghajini please elaborate.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 17th October 2008 at 17:53.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:03   #1025
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
I just can't tolerate those Samsung ads feat. Aamir Khan. Once upon a time ads featuring him used to be the best among the starry ads. Have Aamir's mannerisms in those ads got anything to do with his charachter in Ghajini. Guys who have seen the original Ghajini please elaborate.
In Ghajini the actor dosent sing or talk after he gets knocked on the head(or does he cant remember). But his earlier mannersims - the ah,ohh were probably to imitate the actor in Ghajini.

PS: I did watch the movie but cant understand Tamil, had to endure it because our office thought we should all go out.
Old 17th October 2008, 19:11   #1026
Senior - BHPian

in ghajini, the actor suffers from short term memory loss ( he cannot remember anything after 15 mins or so), he doesnt sing or talk too much either.
Old 17th October 2008, 21:27   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Like everyone I too like the Union Bank ad with the adorable little girl.
I would like to have a little sister like her for two reasons:
1. Because she is so cute and
2. Because she would save for my racing car!
Old 18th October 2008, 00:05   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone seen the new U-VA ad? Does Saif carry the whole football team in his car? Quite senseless IMO. The older Saif-Rani ad where they stuff 5-6 kids in the backseat makes more sense.
Old 18th October 2008, 18:25   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Did anyone catch relaince new "see you at home" spoofs?? Airtel should sue!! Reliance is not short of money anywyas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Yep i did. In fact there was an article in the paper on that. Apparently reliance made the ad overnight and used up the opportunity making viewers to think that the original teaser was for big tv
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
That was very cheap of Reliance to do that, but what else can you expect from Reliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Even i was confused few days ago between airtel and reliance ads Later on it turned out to be an airtel innovation of which reliance took benefit at fullest
Could somebody please elaborate on what exactly happened.
Old 18th October 2008, 19:21   #1030
Distinguished - BHPian

Jayabusa, hope this helps.

Source: Who actually wants to see you at home? Reliance or Aritel : Who actually wants to see you at home? Reliance or Aritel, pArmitA bOraH blogs on sulekha, other blogs, pArmitA bOraH blog from india

The red sofa "weloming you to your home" teaser, never felt like a teaser at all in the first place. My first response was that, it was a complete wholesome ad for some lifestyle store called Home. However, when Reliance's Big TV welcomed me to home, the red sofa felt like a Reliance merchandise. To add on to the further confusion of the end user, Airtel launched the complete ad to its Red Sofa teaser "See you home soon". This time the tagline has graduated to "Welcome Home", it's logical progression of course; and a whole entourage of silver and small screen celebrities as well as sports stars (all of them familar as Aritel ambassadors) welcomes this guy from the Aritpot to his home finally disclosing that his wife has installed Airtel DTH, at home. Now this time the message seriously got jumbled up. I surfed the world wide web (my most dependable and dissolute resource) to find out relevant information on this confusion.
It so happens that even as viewers were left guessing as to what the teaser campaign was actually about, Reliance Communication’s Big TV made this monstrous leap and released their own 10 second ad with the red recliner. The only difference being instead of a voice over saying "See you at home soon", they annouced their USP, i.e 32 cinemas and 200+ channels.
It is quite evident that , the Big TV commercial took a boorish yet rapturous advantage of the curiosity level that was being provoked by JWT on behalf of Airtel DTH. So much so, that viewers started to think the teaser ad actually belonged to Big TV. While Bharti Aritel or JWT refused to comment on the same, Bobby Pawar, chief creative officer, Mudra group, the agency handling the creative for Big TV: ‘‘Marketing is war. Competition presented us with an opening, and we took it and capitalised on it very quickly. It was done in a matter of hours, in fact, overnight.’’.
Old 18th October 2008, 19:38   #1031
Senior - BHPian

I like the Skoda Fabia ad which was aired a few months ago. I dont see it now.
Its quite different from the other car ads I've seen
Link here: Skodia Fabia ad
Old 18th October 2008, 21:23   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Jayabusa, hope this helps.

Source: Who actually wants to see you at home? Reliance or Aritel : Who actually wants to see you at home? Reliance or Aritel, pArmitA bOraH blogs on sulekha, other blogs, pArmitA bOraH blog from india

The red sofa "weloming you to your home" teaser, never felt like a teaser at all in the first place. My first response was that, it was a complete wholesome ad for some lifestyle store called Home. However, when Reliance's Big TV welcomed me to home, the red sofa felt like a Reliance merchandise. To add on to the further confusion of the end user, Airtel launched the complete ad to its Red Sofa teaser "See you home soon". This time the tagline has graduated to "Welcome Home", it's logical progression of course; and a whole entourage of silver and small screen celebrities as well as sports stars (all of them familar as Aritel ambassadors) welcomes this guy from the Aritpot to his home finally disclosing that his wife has installed Airtel DTH, at home. Now this time the message seriously got jumbled up. I surfed the world wide web (my most dependable and dissolute resource) to find out relevant information on this confusion.
It so happens that even as viewers were left guessing as to what the teaser campaign was actually about, Reliance Communication’s Big TV made this monstrous leap and released their own 10 second ad with the red recliner. The only difference being instead of a voice over saying "See you at home soon", they annouced their USP, i.e 32 cinemas and 200+ channels.
It is quite evident that , the Big TV commercial took a boorish yet rapturous advantage of the curiosity level that was being provoked by JWT on behalf of Airtel DTH. So much so, that viewers started to think the teaser ad actually belonged to Big TV. While Bharti Aritel or JWT refused to comment on the same, Bobby Pawar, chief creative officer, Mudra group, the agency handling the creative for Big TV: ‘‘Marketing is war. Competition presented us with an opening, and we took it and capitalised on it very quickly. It was done in a matter of hours, in fact, overnight.’’.
Earlier it was the Cola wars which were fought through T.V. commercials and now it's DTH wars being fought in the same way!
The statement made by the Chief Creative Officer of the Mudra group is shocking!
Old 18th October 2008, 22:55   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Really like the Limca ad - a very nice lilting tune it has. Meghna Reddy looks good too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Yep. Really nice ad. Didn't recognise Meghna Reddy.
Isn't she Sushama Reddy?
Old 19th October 2008, 10:59   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Isn't she Sushama Reddy?
Yes Salil, she is indeed Sushma Reddy.
Old 19th October 2008, 11:36   #1035
BHPian

I think the most insipid commercial currently runnng on TV is the Samsung LCD TV ad featuring Abhinav Bindra. The guy might be an ace in the shooting range but does not have any screen presence. I dont blame him for it - he is not a professional model! But the ad director should have used him better - the least they could do was to have a voice over artist do the lines. Also the ad lines sound so corny!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks