Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 20:53   #1906
Senior - BHPian

The Godrej security systems ad is funny, but makes you feel like you have seen a similar ad before.
Old 1st April 2010, 00:11   #1907
Senior - BHPian

sherman joshi is a great actor but his recent phone ad is irritating.
Old 3rd April 2010, 03:18   #1908
BHPian

I love the new Kingfisher ad. It symbolizes everything the IPL stands for.
Old 3rd April 2010, 07:48   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Videocon has pulled it's socks up.
The new ad series about 'signal' is quite good.
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:03   #1910
BHPian

Did some one see the New Punto Ad ?

Why show a left hand drive car
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:34   #1911
BHPian

The new METLIFE ad with the song aa aa aaja is just superb. I liked the acting by the kid.
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:04   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo. The elephant in the boot ad. Very warm and nice. The way she adjusts the A/C vents for her husband is funny.
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:09   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
I love the new Kingfisher ad. It symbolizes everything the IPL stands for.
That is the most irritating ad with the cricketers feeling so uneasy & uncomfortable while enacting. And at the end of the day, it's surrogate advertising for a liquor brand...promotion of intoxication.

Hats off to Yusuf Pathan for refraining from sporting the Kingfisher logo stating that his religion does not permit drinking liquor and promoting liquor consumption.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 3rd April 2010 at 15:13.
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:31   #1914
Senior - BHPian

I hate the HIT ad !!

Teacher asking a student in class whether he has cockroaches in his house for the past one week !! The teacher sure has a cockroach fetish.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:23   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
That is the most irritating ad with the cricketers feeling so uneasy & uncomfortable while enacting.
On the contrary, I think some of them seem to be having a good time.

Quote:
And at the end of the day, it's surrogate advertising for a liquor brand..
So what?

Quote:
promotion of intoxication.
Again, so what? How is it any different from promotion of consumerism in general? People love to drink, and it is legal. The ad is not promoting drinking and driving or something to that effect.

Quote:
Hats off to Yusuf Pathan for refraining from sporting the Kingfisher logo stating that his religion does not permit drinking liquor and promoting liquor consumption.
Good for him, and he is an awesome cricketer. However, I find the religion argument a little weird. SRT doesn't promote alcohol either, and he doesn't quote religion for it.
If religious guidelines were to be followed to promote, or not promote commodities, we would probably find sportsmen promoting intolerance, barbarism, medieval superstition, and denounce safe sex. In my opinion alcohol has done less harm to the society than religious bigotry and intolerance.

Edit: The ad, I think, is totally coherent with the Kingfisher "king of good times" thingy. Isn't that what makes an ad good anyway?

Last edited by e1t1bet : 3rd April 2010 at 18:29.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:34   #1916
Senior - BHPian

I think Ford is going the GM way. This ad series of the Figo reflects the 'karwa chauth' background of the GM Optra ad a few years ago. Touched many. I like the Figo ads though.
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:13   #1917
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Quote:
That is the most irritating ad with the cricketers feeling so uneasy & uncomfortable while enacting. And at the end of the day, it's surrogate advertising for a liquor brand...promotion of intoxication.

no offense personally, but im sick and tired of people complaining about how its another way to advertise for liqour. If you dont like it, change the channel or turn off the tv :-). Sports worldwide is sponsored by liquor brands. I personally dont care and i love that ad, its hillarious. Technically, Kingfisher isnt advertising their liqour btw..its their drinking water they are advertising out there ;-).

Ok, now for the ads i like: The Idea and Samsung (dual sim mobile) ones because of the hot girls (can someone find their names for me! hehe) ;-). Im loving the ZooZoo's as usual. The 3D tv ad by Samsung is kinda neat, but also a bit boring. That Karbon Mobile ad during the overs of any IPL match is still funny, even though its repetitive. I havent seen much of the Ford Figo ads. Katrina and her Aaam Sutra, makes me wanna down some Slice ;-). Can that woman get any hotter? clap / . I like the Fiat Punto ad but its clear that its shot somewhere else and that its an Italian home market car (i.e the LHD and the It liscense plate).

The ads i hate/dislike: Genelia honey, your way cute and all, but your ads are irritating me so much that i want to strangle you (especially that spinz deo one). That stupid Sunsilk ad with Bipasha, although its on less and less now. That really dumb one with Akshay Kumar and how he's playing Wii Tennis but advertising the phone (micromax). Unfortunetly the fairness cream ads arent going to be going away anytime soon. There are numerous others that i cant name.

Oh, and for all of you guys who dont like the VW ads, you will like this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Who saw the iBiBo and melons ad. Man I understand humour but this is 3rd grade stuff.
bassically the point of that ad is to show that the hot girl gets the guy and not the ugly girl. Sad, but usual true...

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2010 at 12:02. Reason: Removing extra smileys...
CaliAtenza is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th April 2010, 20:52   #1918
Senior - BHPian

I saw the advertisment for Amaron Batteries for 2 wheelers. Very apt and in the face content. The other battery in question is obvious and no prizes for guess which one it is.
Altough it could have been handled better. It may be a scary video for many. Its creepy.
Old 5th April 2010, 00:13   #1919
Senior - BHPian

I also hate the Havells ad - the hangman one !

Anyone seen that ?
Old 5th April 2010, 00:18   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I also hate the Havells ad - the hangman one !

Anyone seen that ?
Yeah, the one about saving electricity. They could have looked at something more positive, this one is depressing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks