Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2010, 20:52   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Sharh rukh ad. in which he says "Lux Cozi ki taraf se happy Diwali" is so irritating.

Well this one is not on TV but on our own classified thread. I think its very innovative.

The Best & Worst Advertisements in India-nice-tbhp-ad.jpg
Old 7th November 2010, 11:37   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post

Well this one is not on TV but on our own classified thread. I think its very innovative.

Attachment 449795
Thats really an innovative ad thanks for pointing it out.
Old 12th November 2010, 14:15   #2268
Senior - BHPian

I find the Mahindra 2-wheeler advertisements very strange.

The gearless scooter is being marketed as thrilling and sporty whereas the bike is being marketed as calm and comfortable. I always thought it was the other way round.

And what is the need to have celebrities like Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor for endorsing 2-wheelers ? Wasting crores of rupees for celebrity endorsements unnecessarily. They could have used the same for expanding their sales and service network, or provided some discount to customers.

Rohan
Old 12th November 2010, 14:42   #2269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
And what is the need to have celebrities like Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor for endorsing 2-wheelers ? Wasting crores of rupees for celebrity endorsements unnecessarily. They could have used the same for expanding their sales and service network, or provided some discount to customers.
+100000...
I always felt this. But when we were discussing this, someone said, if Amirkhan buys, his fans also buys them. People always remember celebrities & associate the brand to them. Anyway, I hope you're one among like us who buy things based on needs & value & not on brand name. But I love the ad of Stallion; very calm & promoting safe biking which is the way it should be & not like going to the end of the world & making a 180 degree train & jumping in front of train

There're quite few ads that are excellent without any famous personalities such as Kissan & Sil jam.

And has anyone noticed? Maggi is advertising like hell, especially the multigrain one. I started hating it literally now.

Also there're less two-wheeler ads these days isn't it?
Old 12th November 2010, 14:56   #2270
Senior - BHPian

The dumbest ad of the season has to be the personification of Ponds cold cream as a 'sachcha dost' with whom you share a 'gehra rishta'.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 12th November 2010 at 15:01.
Old 12th November 2010, 16:26   #2271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
The dumbest ad of the season has to be the personification of Ponds cold cream as a 'sachcha dost' with whom you share a 'gehra rishta'.
I beg to differ, but the dumbest adv of the season has to be the emami kesar malai soap or cream, whatever it is.

Rohan
Old 12th November 2010, 17:29   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
I find the Mahindra 2-wheeler advertisements very strange.

Rohan
There is some pros and cons for using celebrities in Ads. Celebrities in India are better known than most other famous people from other fields (Except cricketers. And Politicians cannot be used for creating trust in any brand as that brand would be by people). Its not as if people buy the same brand as their idol endorses, though there may be some, and even those I believe stick to items which are less in value such as soft drinks etc. Of course there are always exceptions.

The main reason behind using celebrities is to create a brand recall among people to first attract them to their products. Later as you said other things such as service network etc work. A brand that is already established and has good brand recall may not require celebrities to endorse its products, but normal ads would do. Case in point, Maruti. I don't remember any big celebrity endorsing for Maruti, at least in the last few years.

Last edited by vamsi.kona : 12th November 2010 at 17:47.
Old 13th November 2010, 10:38   #2273
Senior - BHPian

The latest Cadbury's Dairy Milk advertisement, in which a girl is shown eloping with her boyfriend in a Hyundai i20, is very strange.

If the girl's family was so understanding, why did they decide to run away in the first place ? Or was it the boy's family in the rear seat who was promoting their son to elope with a girl ?

Totally stupid advertisement.

Rohan
Old 13th November 2010, 11:39   #2274
BHPian

The ad for spice 3d phone is nice.
Old 13th November 2010, 17:48   #2275
Senior - BHPian

The new Tata Docomo 3G Jingle,i like it
Old 13th November 2010, 17:56   #2276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I beg to differ, but the dumbest adv of the season has to be the emami kesar malai soap or cream, whatever it is.

Rohan
If you are talking about the ad with one girl and three guys, then it has been discussed sometime back.

A similar old ad(Boro Plus body lotion) feat. Kareena Kapoor, with five guys speaking about how they felt on touching/having felt her, is aired every winter.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 13th November 2010 at 18:06.
Old 13th November 2010, 19:18   #2277
BANNED

Quote:
The gearless scooter is being marketed as thrilling and sporty whereas the bike is being marketed as calm and comfortable. I always thought it was the other way round.
Young college going girls want sporty and "thrilling" two wheelers. The gearless vehicles are targetted at them.

The mobikes ad (not the mobikes themselves) are targeted at slightly older audience, who are probably married, and want a "stable" ride.

I am told that most marrked women prefer that their husbands ride scooters, and perceive bikes as dangerous. Probably, they are targetting this myth.

I do not drive two wheelers though.
Old 13th November 2010, 19:21   #2278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Young college going girls want sporty and "thrilling" two wheelers. The gearless vehicles are targetted at them.

The mobikes ad (not the mobikes themselves) are targeted at slightly older audience, who are probably married, and want a "stable" ride.

I am told that most marrked women prefer that their husbands ride scooters, and perceive bikes as dangerous. Probably, they are targetting this myth.

I do not drive two wheelers though.
I agree,here in chandigarh,i notice,PYT's rocketing off from redlights,and then twisting the throttle of their Gearless 2 wheelers to the limit.
Old 13th November 2010, 20:24   #2279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The ad for spice 3d phone is nice.
+1 to that. Really nice and effective ad. Almost made me want to buy the phone. The Volkswagen guys should hire the agency that made this ad.
Old 13th November 2010, 22:30   #2280
Senior - BHPian

I liked the Sony Ericsson promotion ads for Xperia X10-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks