Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What do you say about this marketing trick?
Yes, good offer - would actually help. 31 50.82%
Won't make any difference. 21 34.43%
Desperate step. 9 14.75%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 21:13   #1
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Autocard

Maruti Udyog Ltd on Wednesday launched an all-new customer loyalty-cum-rewards programme which will benefit new as well as the existing five million Maruti customers across India. The programme will work through a unique three-in-one Autocard to be issued by Maruti which will be a petro card, a loyalty card and an international credit card. The new customers as well as the existing Maruti owners can opt for the card as long as they possess valid ownership proof.The card, which will store the accrued points and later the customer"s service history on a smart chip, is also a magnetic swipe functionality like any ordinary Mastercard credit card.

Continue reading at source : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1496151.cms

The only interesting points
  • 6% discount on service bill.
  • All the reward points can be redeemed as rupees when buying new Maruti.

What do you say, is it a good marketing trick?
I'd say not the best.. but certainly not bad.

Last edited by SLK : 19th April 2006 at 21:20.
Old 19th April 2006, 21:25   #2
BHPian

The 2 features you mentioned, along with the others will add good value to the card!
But what would Really make the card kick, is if it had the ability to get you car serviced faster

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 19th April 2006, 21:25   #3
BHPian

6 % discount on service ....

give some more benefits and then it might be worthwhile - till then i dont think it will make any difference

every brand is trying to promote their tie-up cards offering small discounts in order to get more sales - dont think any of them have much success

also, keeping a card handy for each brand that one might buy from makes no sense - one will just be flooded with too many useless cards
Old 19th April 2006, 23:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

i dont see any harm in using it as we would be anyways be paying for the services. plus ittl give maruti a lot of information on customer spending habits and might enable them to give better service in the future
Old 20th April 2006, 00:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

These auto credit cards with loyalty points are a bit of a waste. Unless you spend lots you will not receive much of a discount. GM and Ford have had such cards for years and they have not taken off very well.

Saying that I got £50 of loyalty points (which I can use in high street shops) for booking a test drive with Ford today.
Old 25th April 2006, 13:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Maruti Udyog Ltd on Wednesday launched an all-new customer loyalty-cum-rewards programme which will benefit new as well as the existing five million Maruti customers across India. The programme will work through a unique three-in-one Autocard to be issued by Maruti which will be a petro card, a loyalty card and an international credit card. The new customers as well as the existing Maruti owners can opt for the card as long as they possess valid ownership proof.The card, which will store the accrued points and later the customer"s service history on a smart chip, is also a magnetic swipe functionality like any ordinary Mastercard credit card.

Continue reading at source : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1496151.cms

The only interesting points
  • 6% discount on service bill.
  • All the reward points can be redeemed as rupees when buying new Maruti.
What do you say, is it a good marketing trick?
I'd say not the best.. but certainly not bad.
Guys what does Maruti stand to gain from this?
and
whats the annual fee? [any other catches?]
Old 25th April 2006, 13:21   #7
BHPian

Two reasons I will not go for this offer :
1. I dont own a maruti.
2.Citibank card, I have heard lots of horror stories of customers having Citicards.

This is my personal opinion, and do not wish to start any debate on which card is better.

Cheers... Major
Old 25th April 2006, 13:26   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by major
Two reasons I will not go for this offer :
1. I dont own a maruti.
2.Citibank card, I have heard lots of horror stories of customers having Citicards.

This is my personal opinion, and do not wish to start any debate on which card is better.

Cheers... Major
citibank credit card forget it......i had a savings account.....suddenly i started received bills every month about some credit-card charge.

when i call them up they say "sir we have issued a credit card to you, as you are employed with xxxxxx company and its auto-approved".

i said b-all-s show me the application with my signature.....they refunded my money without asking single question more...
Old 26th April 2006, 08:15   #9
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Oh Boy! Just thnk how excited i'll be when i pay with a "MARUTI" rewards card. BRRR!!! tht's nice. THINK NOT!!!! what is this? a joke! maruti rewards card?! yuck.
Old 26th April 2006, 13:43   #10
BHPian

Next they'll give 10 kg of premium basmati rice and 10 kg of pure desi ghee with every Maruti 800. If you are good at bargaining u might also get a month of groceries at Food Bazaar free!!

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 26th April 2006 at 13:52.
Old 26th April 2007, 17:22   #11
BHPian

Hello all,

This is my first post in Team BHP. I had been regularly visiting Team BHP site when I was researching to get my new car. Thanks to Team BHP for helping me to take a decision to buy Swift VXI. Hats off to all fellow members.
By the way today I received an autocard from Maruti Udyog & Citibank. Can any one share the experience about this card (to have it or not to have it).
Generally Citibank cards do not have that good reputation because of very poor service, fraudulance etc etc.
Can some one who own the card throw some light.. please...
Thanks!!
Sathya
Old 26th April 2007, 19:23   #12
BHPian

I got a call from some agent regarding this autocard.
Everything was sounding fine till, FINANCE CHARGES 3% per MONTH thats 36% pa.... Usually I pay up the entire amount, but then if I miss out even a single payment, Maruti will make double the benefits it gave me.!!
Old 26th April 2007, 21:56   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well got my autocard a couple of months back .. Benefits are :

1. No joining fee .. Atleast I didn't get charged for any ..
2. Cash Advance Fee - 2.5% ..
3. Petrol Transaction Charges - 2.5% .. Completely waived off if you use Indian Oil pumps .. They have some tie up with them ..

Also on usage of the card at Maruti Service Stations the benefits are :

1. Service/repairs/Oil - 6points for a transaction of every Rs 100 ..
2. Accessories/Extended Warranty/Insurance - 3 points for every Rs 100 spent ..
3. Referrals for sale of new car - 1000 points ..
4. If your repair , spares or service bills come to Rs 250 125 pts shall be awarded ..
5. At Indian Oil pumps for every Rs 100 spent 1.5 points earned ..
6. 1 point for every Rs 100 spent at all other places accepting credit cards ..

These auto points can be redeemed at MASS only and cannot be exchanged for cash .. Every auto point is equal to one rupee ..

Must say a bit beneficial to those who keep visiting the showrooms often for parts or services .. Someone like me ..
Old 26th April 2007, 22:21   #14
BHPian

Recently my bro has purchased one Alto Lxi, and I came to know about this autocard. I said yes for it, with promise that I'll be awarded for 1000 referral points, that my bro was purchasing. Now I've got my card, and I'm planning to buy Wagon R LXi soon. Hope to encash this additional benefit of Rs.1000/-. Isn't it good, against something that was FREE....
Old 27th April 2007, 10:43   #15
BHPian

Got my card in November and been using it for fuel and servicing bills since then. No problems so far, only drawback is the restriction to use IndianOil pumps to avail of the 2.5% waiver.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks