Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2012, 14:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is signing a BACK-DATED Appointment letter Illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Aggoswami, the boss & HR wouldnt take it kindly or lightly if they come to know you have spoken about this to other employees.

I would suggest you exit & get into another, better ogranization where things are (more) straight-forward.
Condor, you are correct, they might not take it lightly, but now, considering what has happened, it doesn't matter. How the scene was known to others:
Considering the depth of problem, I had a lot of meetings with HR. Others saw this happening in meeting room and whenever/whereever I went, all asked : Are you Leaving ?
This is how they came to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
It could indeed be a typo. Believing that could ease your anguish thinking it was a mistake and not that someone was fooling you intentionally. IMO, you might as well sign that damned letter and continue working for the company, but look for other opportunities from NOW. About someone coming after you for tax evasion and stuff - that wont happen for the numbers you are talking about.

Search for offers and consider leaving at the first opportunity!
Well, agreed that it was typo. Now what the typo means for me:

1) I lost more than Rs. 2.5 lakh.
2) They come to know about typo after 3 months
3) They do not accept to typo and pressurize me to do illegal and/or unethical stuff.
4) I lost job opportunities which are worth 2 times more than what I am currently getting.

They make typos, higher authorities sign it and I suffer financial loss coupled with heavy opportunity cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Once again aaggoswami do not be naive and post plans on a publicly visible forum. - if someone does a search for your last name, and I hope your handle is not your last name. He/she can know what your intentions are.

Just my 2 cents. Be careful. Best of luck
Its just that I have now lost my cool. Would take care from now on, mmmjgm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
What about your colleagues in the same position? Are you aware of what their pay bracket is? I'm just trying to confirm if it indeed was a typo.
What they are getting is close to dual digit salary packages. Even at original ( with Rs. 2.5 lakh loss ), I was much below them, much much below them. Hardly 50%. Now, I am just a mere spec in their mirror as far as salaries go. They are "Baleno driven hard", I am just "Alto 800 fully floored..."!
Old 14th October 2012, 15:41   #47
BHPian

Re: Is signing a BACK-DATED Appointment letter Illegal?

If you do not sign the new backdate app. letter, it is a probable problem for you.

1. New job, you show your old app. letter where package is more, when they verify your monthly salary and form 16, your monthly income would not match the appointment letter commitments. Hence, your new company will think you provided them a forged salary break-up.

2. Market is really bad, you may find it tough to get a new job after you leave your current one without an offer in your hand.

My Suggestion: Seek Legal Help, even though you lose money. Legal help will ensure you do not face issues later on in future. Each job you change, verification department will need clarification about the mess, which they will not ask from you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks