Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 22:44   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post

sa_kiran,

I have seen many conspiracy theories, but yours is the most hilarious. I picked up some of your quotes from this page itself. Your confirmation bias and avoidance of cognitive dissonance is reinforcing your hilarious beliefs.

You are saying Congress is now targeting rapists as vote banks? I am sure we have not reached that level yet. Maybe another 50 years.
Well, my statements are based on the achievements of this govt over the last 8 years, scams, cover-ups, selective leaks, disinformation campaigns, etc. How many innocents have been punished by this govt? What is wrong in treating this beast as an adult, considering the crime?

Secondly, if you interpret my postings as vote bank of rapists, then I can only pity your understanding.
Old 12th January 2013, 01:26   #497
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Sad to see this thread losing focus...
Old 12th January 2013, 01:42   #498
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Sad to see this thread losing focus...
what are the latest updates on the case? Last thing i heard was their defense lawyer making some idiotic statements; hell it was even on the front page of NBCNEWS.com
Old 12th January 2013, 09:08   #499
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This thread has begun to meander a lot and quite aimlessly too. Public memory as always, is short. I vote we shut this thread down.
Old 12th January 2013, 14:24   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This thread has begun to meander a lot and quite aimlessly too. Public memory as always, is short. I vote we shut this thread down.
Shankar, we need some place to talk about this, to follow the case. We should keep this thread alive. We shouldnt let this fade from our attention.
Old 13th January 2013, 19:41   #501
BHPian

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/13/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

It happened again..... This time in Punjab, but luckily she survived and that too it was a married woman.
Old 14th January 2013, 07:14   #502
BHPian

and the idiots dont stop: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/let-women...568-37-64.html

What is this? Seriously? Is India a democracy or not? I feel like its becoming worse than China at this point
Old 14th January 2013, 08:58   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
and the idiots dont stop: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/let-women...568-37-64.html

What is this? Seriously? Is India a democracy or not? I feel like its becoming worse than China at this point
We are the best known case of Pseudo democracy. Our so called elected politicians keep dragging the country backwards. No one is least bothered about the issue. Its only about what is good for his/her political ambition and relevant to his voters.
Old 14th January 2013, 09:42   #504
Team-BHP Support

And it happens again: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/delhi-man...569-3-244.html

It almost sounds like all the rapists are fighting back after all the protests against rape.
Old 14th January 2013, 09:54   #505
Senior - BHPian

Statistically, every 20 minutes a rape occurs somewhere in India.
Its good in a way that media is now reporting such crimes with a more feverish pitch. Only downside is that as soon as the public loses interest, which it will over time, the media will also turn its back to these atrocities.
Old 14th January 2013, 09:58   #506
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It almost sounds like all the rapists are fighting back after all the protests against rape.
Not exactly. Things are as before just the reporting and awareness have improved.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:20   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
We are the best known case of Pseudo democracy. Our so called elected politicians keep dragging the country backwards. No one is least bothered about the issue. Its only about what is good for his/her political ambition and relevant to his voters.
There must be a breaking point somewhere though. I mean how long can people put up with this??
Old 14th January 2013, 13:28   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
There must be a breaking point somewhere though. I mean how long can people put up with this??
There always is a breaking point for every civilization I guess after which you either see a revolution and change or the fall of that civilization. This is constant throughout the history. Ours will also come. But trust me its still far away. Problem is there is so much wrong in this country that no one knows where to start from. On top of it power and corruption hungry leaders have further ensured that the wrong keeps on increasing.

To be honest I dont see us ever competing with the developed nations. We are too myopic to compete at that level.

This incident was picked up by the media and hence there is hope for a speedy justice ( if there can be any justice at all to the family ). There are hundreds of cases of Rape that have occurred since then. The media will soon lose interest and move on to other things. So will the people. What more can you expect from a nation where a significant majority of the leaders are facing criminal cases themselves to the tune of murder, extortion, rape and still getting re-elected. A country where even today so many parents abort there girl child in favour of a son. A country where parents and family don't think twice before killing there children in name of honour killings. A country where domestic violence is a way of life for so many women. Do you expect such a society then to suddenly start respecting women? Or rather start recognizing humans as humans anymore? There is seriously no hope for this country.

Apologies for the outburst but each day some or the other ugly face of this country and its culture comes to bite you in your face. And you just feel helpless. I just came across one such face.

Last edited by drmohitg : 14th January 2013 at 13:33.
Old 14th January 2013, 19:02   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Apologies for the outburst but each day some or the other ugly face of this country and its culture comes to bite you in your face. And you just feel helpless. I just came across one such face.
No need for the apologizes . I agree with you, where do we start, but we must start somewhere. We can do something, we aren't like our neighbor to the east, we can fix our society.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th January 2013 at 01:29. Reason: Please quote selectively as long quoted posts cause inconvenience to our small screen readers, thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 20:49   #510
BHPian

In this nation people like me are predominately selfish/self-centered. That's the reason the anti-social are not scared of the citizens. Unless one is not directly affected people will not object. There are so many people who spit right on the board which says "Do not Spit", they are not alarmed by people around them. The same mentality which does not make any offender fear the citizens. The Courts & Laws have to be protective so no one is scared. The offenders ignore people cause people ignore everything around them. Still I don't remember myself asking my car-wash center the age of the children who wash my car. I will question, check and reconfirm the engine oil which the mechanic puts in my car, but don't remember asking him how he disposes used oil. I know I have to change my attitude towards things. No Parliament, Administration, Judiciary or Media can make any difference cause they are just the reflection of myself and my fellows.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed