Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2006, 15:38   #1
BHPian

Seating Luxury & Massage Chairs

Have you experienced 'seating luxury'.....

Try the La-z-boy recliners, wow they are so comfortable, you can sit/lie/sleep on them for hours together

what say guys.
Old 25th May 2006, 16:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Have you experienced 'seating luxury'.....

Try the La-z-boy recliners, wow they are so comfortable, you can sit/lie/sleep on them for hours together

what say guys.
I have one and I agree. v1p3r however thinks its a sinister American invention designed to corrupt the rest of the world and make it easier to conquer.
Old 26th May 2006, 11:50   #3

Thinking of buying one for a long time.

Where do you get these recliners in chennai?

can you give me the details of dealers

Thanks,
Senthil.
Old 26th May 2006, 12:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

La-z-boy recliners are really good, but very hard to get over here..There are ones that come with massagers, speakers, wireless headsets, a small freezer....aaah, so relaxing
Old 26th May 2006, 12:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
La-z-boy recliners are really good, but very hard to get over here..There are ones that come with massagers, speakers, wireless headsets, a small freezer....aaah, so relaxing
Stanley seatings [bangalore] are the distributors for la-z-boy in india....these are the same guys who make most of the OEM leather seat covers.

But they have not released full range of recliners-massagers like the one you are mentioning

But they do have limited range of recliners which are good enough.

I also figured out that for medium built people PINNACLE is supposed to be the best suited recliener, anyway visit their authorized dealers and try out. But ensure that you sit on them for atleast 10 minutes before choosing.
Old 26th May 2006, 12:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about the prices...starting range . I wouldn't wanna sit in one for 10mins and have my *** kicked out later.

There are lots of recliners, just that the La-z-boy's are famous. I'd be equally happy with a nice big bean bag while watchin TV.
Old 26th May 2006, 12:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is the one i was talkin about..

The La-Z-Boy Cool Chair comes equipped with every feature you could ever dream of while shifting and fidgeting in a regular chair. Once you've used this chair, you'll never want to move again. Under one arm there is a 10 motor heated massage controller, and a built-in telephone; and under the other arm is a thermo-electric cooler large enough to hold your beers. Need we say more!!

Fully reclines just 10cm from the wall
10 Point Massager
Combined Heated Lumbar Control
Telephone
Beverage Cooler
Cup Holder in Lid

Price(Inc VAT): £1099.00
Old 26th May 2006, 12:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about the prices...starting range . I wouldn't wanna sit in one for 10mins and have my *** kicked out later.

There are lots of recliners, just that the La-z-boy's are famous. I'd be equally happy with a nice big bean bag while watchin TV.
pinnacle is the base model

pellisuede = 27k
art leather + classic leather mixture = 29k
classic leather only = 32k
nappa leather only = 40k (something like that no sure)

basically for the same chair design, the prices are different based on different type of leathers used.

people say that we should go for 'classic leather' atleast if we plan to use it for atleast 10 years......when we pay 30k for a chair we better use it for 10 years.

And other models are bigger in size, they are not neccessarily with more feature, just that bigger size is for bigger people.

try all the recliners you want, but i haven't seen any recliner match the comfort of la-z-boy. btw they are providing 10-year-warranty on mechanism.
Old 26th May 2006, 12:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
This is the one i was talkin about..

The La-Z-Boy Cool Chair comes equipped with every feature you could ever dream of while shifting and fidgeting in a regular chair. Once you've used this chair, you'll never want to move again. Under one arm there is a 10 motor heated massage controller, and a built-in telephone; and under the other arm is a thermo-electric cooler large enough to hold your beers. Need we say more!!

Fully reclines just 10cm from the wall
10 Point Massager
Combined Heated Lumbar Control
Telephone
Beverage Cooler
Cup Holder in Lid

Price(Inc VAT): £1099.00
if PINNACLE model is luxury, the one you have mentioned above should surely be heaven
Old 4th May 2009, 15:59   #10
BHPian

Ok, reviving this pretty old thread.
Last long weekend made me realize how uncomfortable things get when I spend 10 hrs in front of television(sitting & sleeping). So planning to get a recliner.
Did check out the local stuff. Priced quite steep I guess at 24k.
How is la-z boy priced these days?
Is there any cheaper alternative to La-z boy?

Regards,
Old 4th May 2009, 18:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have a microfibre brown recliner (299 USD). I don't have storage in armrest or any other gadgets, but i use the arm rest for my portable laptop table.

Seating Luxury & Massage Chairs-dscn7437.jpg

BUT, one problem I have is because it keeps your legs straight, and I have legs that stretch beyond the footrest (and i am only 5'9), i get bad muscle pain in calf muscles, especially if I return from a workout or game of tennis. the calf muscles are fully contracted in this position and i really need to keep stretching them by pulling my toes towards myself every few minutes.
Old 18th November 2011, 14:37   #12
BHPian

Massage Chairs - availability and reviews

I have always loved massage chairs - had some good ones next to my office, and after pulling an all nighter - half an hour on one was just the best thing to do before sleeping.

In the search for an inconsequential yet absolutely innovative marriage gift for a friend, we have zeroed down gifting an ultimate bachelors' gift - a massage chair.

We basically have a budget of 60-70k. OSIM, which is actually the only brand that I know of, seems to offer only a lower back massage chair at that price.

Are there any other brands which members have bought, or used. Any reviews. I hope there are Indian brands which offer a full back and calves massage at that price.

Any information would be really helpful. I am based in Delhi.

Last edited by manolin : 18th November 2011 at 14:39.
Old 18th November 2011, 14:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Massage Chairs - availability and reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Are there any other brands which members have bought, or used. Any reviews. I hope there are Indian brands which offer a full back and calves massage at that price.
I've seen some OSIM massage chairs which could massage arms in addition to the back. But these were costing over 100k.

Please do your research on after sales service and repairs. I was interested in buying the OSIM massager for legs since my parents used to complain of leg pain. I called the OSIM dealer/distributor in Singapore where it originates from and was told there are no replaceable parts in their machines. If it fails, its a living room ornament.

Finally bought an Indian product manufactured under license from USA. Cant remember the name though. Has been serving us well for over 2 years now (sparingly used though). Comes with a 10 year warranty.

There are several brands in the market now such as iSqueeze, uSqueeze etc. (no pun intended, these are actual product names).

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th November 2011 at 15:00.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 16:19   #14
BHPian

Re: Massage Chairs - availability and reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Finally bought an Indian product manufactured under license from USA. Cant remember the name though. Has been serving us well for over 2 years now (sparingly used though). Comes with a 10 year warranty.
Your point is right regarding after sales service. 10 year warranty sounds awesome. Seems like the company believes in its products (or in the worst case, doesn't care about honouring it). Could you check at home for the name?
Old 25th December 2011, 19:25   #15
BHPian

Re: Seating Luxury....

reviving this thread.

Looking for a super comfy recliner with massage - budget ~ 50-60 K.

There's a related thread but no reviews so far..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...y-reviews.html

1. Is OSIM any good? I don't know anyone who has one. The prices in the website seem crazy!!

2. Laz y Boy Pinnacle from Stanley? Any actual usage experience?

3. Any cheaper local options?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks