Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2023, 20:24   #46
BHPian

Re: What to do with a cassette collection?

Foist them on your son in law!

I got gifted my aunts near 20yo Golf recently, which comes replete with CD player but more importantly a cassette deck. Cue my father in law cheerfully gifting me all the old mixtapes whenever he can, ever since I came into possession of said car. Legitimately have a bag in the back of the car with a lot of these cassettes. Some of these mix tapes are rather sweet, like ones from my wife's childhood for eg, so ultimately it's all good fun.
Old 28th April 2023, 11:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

A quick snapshot of my collection. Still have around 90% of whatever tapes i bought back in the day. Along with CDs.

The time spent poring over the booklet inside while the music played on; such joyous memories.

The time spent browsing and buying at Planet M, Music World. Sigh

There is something about analog sound that fills the heart/ears with warmth and joy.
Attached Thumbnails
What to do with a cassette collection?-20210715_212109.jpeg  

deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 12:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

One way to perpetuate the joy of listening is to convert them to digital form. I have converted ove 200 DC's using the highest bit rate available. The sound quality is at par with analog output, with the advantage of being portable to current digital players - phones, mp3/4 players etc.

For cassetes it is even more important to archive them, as over time the tape gets stretched, scratched and the media deteriorates. A good casette player coupled with good conversion software will archive the tapes to digital media seamlessly.

Most Viewed