Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-156.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay_b (Post 1646184)
Well, The thing is, I don't eat nutritious food, I have a lil' breakfast at 11am, Lunch at 2-3PM, 2 eggs and a glass of milk before working out, 9Pm dinner(2 rotis, veggies and rice), I highly doubt this diet is gonna help me gain weight, I'm 5"8 and 56kgs, Do you recommend any other protein suppliment? Or should i start eating Proper food?

For now rather then immediately going for supplementary protein, suggest that you increase Yellow pulse, Boiled Egg White, Boiled Chicken , sprouts, Soyabean, Soy Milk & Soy paneer to your diet. Once you do that increase you weights slowly & let your body develop reach a consistency in next 2-3 months. once you hit a plateau you can then go for additional supplement like Whey protien or Isolate

Quote:

Well, The thing is, I don't eat nutritious food, I have a lil' breakfast at 11am, Lunch at 2-3PM, 2 eggs and a glass of milk before working out, 9Pm dinner(2 rotis, veggies and rice), I highly doubt this diet is gonna help me gain weight, I'm 5"8 and 56kgs, Do you recommend any other protein suppliment? Or should i start eating Proper food?

When you know that you are not eating nutritious food why dont start eating then? Always remember your diet should mainly consist of real food and not supplements. Go ahead and buy a tub of quality whey protein powder and use it only postworkout rest all meals eat food man real food. Breakfast at 11am is too late buddy, Ideally one should have BF by 8 or 9am unless you are working in abnormal timings and also you can add a multivitamin to your BF. Another reason to eat real food over supplements is the cost, For ex a scoop of Whey protein is going to cost you anywhere between 40-45rs which would give you approx 24grms of protein and for the same amount of money lets say you buy some eggs or even chicken you are getting double the amount of protein.In a long term its a lot on money!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj123 (Post 1646272)
Protein requirement for a normal person is about (0.7-1.0 g/kg/day).There is no value in adding even more protein to that amount, since protein cannot be stored in the body and the excess is eliminated in urine and feces.

When people start consuming too much protein (over 2.0 g/kg/d), the extra protein can become a stressful stimulus for the kidney. This is even more of a concern as we get older and our organs are less efficient and effective.

Very high levels of dietary protein have also been correlated with increased urinary calcium excretion. The loss of calcium through urine could potentially be harmful for bone turnover, with the added risk of osteoporosis.

Finally, protein requires vitamin B6 in order to be metabolized and ultimately utilized in the body. Very high levels of dietary protein increase the requirement for this B vitamin.

Some info I got from an article

Amino acid supplements are widely used by athletes who believe that having more of these basic building blocks available enables skeletal muscle to get stronger and have better endurance without the added calories. Amino acid supplements are not digested and absorbed in the body as readily as amino acids coming from food sources.

Moreover, amino acid supplements tend to cause an imbalance of the amino acids already present in the body. Most of these supplements contain aromatic-type amino acids, such as tryptophan, which are constituents of the brain's neurotransmitters.

Neurotransmitters will not act properly if the fine balance among all of the various types of amino acids is disturbed by too much supplementation. There are other conditions, one characterized by fever, skin rash, muscle and joint pains and edema of the legs, known as eosinophilia-myalgia, that may result from excess amino acid supplements.

People taking amino acid products, who frequently go to health food stores and self-prescribe them, should be aware of these potential problems.

The protein figures you've taken from the articles are what is required for a SEDENTARY human being who wants to maintain his muscle mass.

Not for an active person, who wants to GAIN muscles.

Second thing is that our bodies are not 100% efficient.
So eating 1 kg of protein doesn't mean you'll assimilate all and result in 1 kg of raw muscle.

Our body metabolises and converts all macronutirents into appropriate forms according to body needs.

Human beings for long, when we were hunter gatherers, not cultivators, had a diet which was high on meat, fruits, vegetables, water. With very very less carbs.

A basic sample diet to gain muscle

Meal 1 - 8am
6 Egg whites+2Whole eggs, 1Bowl of Oats, 1 glass of Skim milk, Multivitamin caps

Meal 2 - 10.30am
6 Egg whites, Wheat bread sandwich, 1tbs of Olive oil/Flaxseed oil/Fish oil

Meal 3 - 1pm
Grilled Chicken/Beef/Fish, 2 cups of Brown Rice or Wheat Rotis, Green veggies

Meal 4 - 4pm
1 glass of skim milk with 1 scoop of Whey, Handful of almonds or 2tbs Peanut butter

6pm Workout (A glass of fresh fruit juice just before workout)

Meal 5 - 8pm (Post workout)
2 Scoops of Whey protein, 2 Bananas followed by dinner of Rotis, Veggies

Meal 6 - 10.30pm (Just before hitting bed)
2 glasses of Skim Milk or a cup of cottage cheese

Some may feel this is a lot of food but you will be eating this in small quantities and if you are working your a$$ off in the gym then definitely you would need this much food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1646486)

Meal 1 - 8am
6 Egg whites+2Whole eggs, 1Bowl of Oats, 1 glass of Skim milk, Multivitamin caps

Meal 2 - 10.30am

Meal 3 - 1pm

Meal 4 - 4pm
1 glass of skim milk with 1 scoop of Whey, Handful of almonds or 2tbs Peanut butter

Some may feel this is a lot of food but you will be eating this in small quantities and if you are working your a$$ off in the gym then definitely you would need this much food.

Wow, That's the kind of menu professional body builders suggest!
Having breakfast at 8am is impossible for me as i go to bed at 2AM! :Shockked: Yes, I study till late night, Wake up at 10AM, breakfast at 11 am, lunch at 2pm, 3 egg whites, milk, banana before working out, dinner at 9.
I know my diet is very bad, But i'll try sticking to what you said. Thanks a ton man, Appreciate your patience:thumbs up
What kind of whey protein should i take?

guys,

Need help in getting review of the following diet supplements ASAP if possible :
1. Body Supreme Creatine
2. MaxiMuscle Promax

I need to buy it for a wrestler cousin of mine who is now getting old (33 yrs) now but he still likes to exercise a lot and keep his body in gud shape.
so he wanted something to supplement his normal diet and without any side effects at all.

and i am going to india on 24th evening for a short trip so i thought i would buy some for my cousin.

Please advise.

thanks

Quote:

I'm 5"8 and 56kgs, Do you recommend any other protein suppliment? Or should i start eating Proper food?

Sounds like the story of my life as well. Regardless of all the advice I've got about what to eat and when to eat it, I havnt been able to gain weight. Started working out 5 months ago, I'm getting a tiny bit more muscular, but havnt gained any weight. Was thinking of a protein supplement as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay_b (Post 1646863)
Wow, That's the kind of menu professional body builders suggest!
Having breakfast at 8am is impossible for me as i go to bed at 2AM! :Shockked: Yes, I study till late night, Wake up at 10AM, breakfast at 11 am, lunch at 2pm, 3 egg whites, milk, banana before working out, dinner at 9.
I know my diet is very bad, But i'll try sticking to what you said. Thanks a ton man, Appreciate your patience:thumbs up
What kind of whey protein should i take?

Mine is almost double to what i have mentioned here buddy :D, Ofcourse not everyone can eat at the same time everyday and the same amount of food but the key is to start somewhere and gradually build upon. There are various brands of Whey, Optimum nutrition is what i use but many on this forum is not really in favour of it. You can also checkout Myofusion,Isosensation,Elite whey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amith.2974 (Post 1646976)
Sounds like the story of my life as well. Regardless of all the advice I've got about what to eat and when to eat it, I havnt been able to gain weight. Started working out 5 months ago, I'm getting a tiny bit more muscular, but havnt gained any weight. Was thinking of a protein supplement as well

Who ever is not gaining weight wants to buy supplements,Why? You are getting muscular because you are loosing bit of fat and you are not gaining weight because you are workingout but not putting back enough calories to grow, Simple.

^^^^ +1 to red circle, who so ever is not gaining weight & are not able to eat much should increase the number of times you eat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1646486)

Meal 1 - 8am

Meal 2 - 10.30am

Meal 3 - 1pm

Meal 4 - 4pm

posting very first time on this thread. actually happy to find my question on the very last page - makes life easier

RC - your response also seems to be exactly to my question.

Guys - im 32. have worked out back in college days and have a decent structure within my medium frame. 5'10" and 65kgs.

last 6 months started workouts again and in general i work out for 1.5 hrs ( mornings ONLY ). NEVER TAKEN any supplements so far.

but the fact that I have always been at 65kgs is bugging me.

my current diet
1) b'fast at 9am
2) lunch at 2pm
3)dinner at 9pm

sometimes have a snack at around 7 pm

1) RC - since im a veggie - what do i replace the meat/eggs with in the above diet ?

2) and what supplement do i take to atleast gain 10kgs more ?

3) will this weight gain be uniform across the body or it would be specific to the parts one works out more ?

my Gym master suggested some brand of whey for Rs3k which he said lasts for around 2-3 months and can help adding around 5-10kg. Need to know more before i make such investments..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Circle (Post 1647448)
Who ever is not gaining weight wants to buy supplements,Why? You are getting muscular because you are loosing bit of fat and you are not gaining weight because you are workingout but not putting back enough calories to grow, Simple.

Well I started working out only 5 months ago, but prior to that, i was only 2 kgs lighter than I am now. So I dont see your theory of not putting enough back into my system convincing. I eat chicken everyday, and I am a big fan of milk products like paneer,butter and cheese. I'm a malyali so you can imagine that fish is also a part of my diet atleast 3 times a week.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by amith.2974 (Post 1652166)
Well I started working out only 5 months ago, but prior to that, i was only 2 kgs lighter than I am now. So I dont see your theory of not putting enough back into my system convincing. I eat chicken everyday, and I am a big fan of milk products like paneer,butter and cheese. I'm a malyali so you can imagine that fish is also a part of my diet atleast 3 times a week.:D

Thats exactly what Red Circle wanted to say, if you exercise & still can eat enough to put back you will gain weight. Like you have a good diet so you are able to gain weight but the person in that conversation was not eating enough & hence the statement.

@ Red Circle : BTW have started Clen, when we had a discussion abt it. The cycle ends on 3rd Jan. Will let you know the results.

I've been 84 kgs, and then will lot of effort came down to 72.5, life was perfect, but then I put on weight. Now I'm stuck at 77 kgs for years on end and find it very difficult to lose weight.

I was at the Reliance Wellness, Indiranagar, Bangalore to pick up iso sensation 93 and the store attendant told me that they didn't have any stock and wont be getting any cause all the Reliance wellness stores are shutting down. He claimed that he can personally get me the stuff but I am apprehensive. Are these stores actually shutting down? Cause this is where I regularly bought my protein from.

Does anyone know any reliable dealer in Bangalore to get ISO Sensation 93? Also what is the price for a 2lb tub? The Reliance store guy quoted me 2.6k before the 10% discount.

My wife has done her nutrition certification from the US, she has been very successful at working with folks who are in need of nutrition supplements based on their lifestyle and nutrition gaps- people like s/s professionals, mothers whose kids are not eating, people who are underweight/overweight, working women etc..I think its really essential to get proper advise and guidance and also have only world class quality supplements cause after all its about your body. If you need this free consultation, PM me- this is only for TBHP guys that i can ask her to give free consultation for the first time:)