Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-151.html)

^^ yep i thought i had read that about gnc somewhere. Hence only got a small 3lb one to try out - i figured better than trusting local chalk powder that i might have been dished out in the past :-P

Hi guys,

i was searching for this thread for a long time here. well got it finally :)
to start out
i started dabbling with weights when i was in puc (basically push ups and pull ups and such) weight about 44 kgs and 5'4...yeah puny...
got into a gym after dad saw me staring at a gym for hours....

well that was like 8 years back.... only plan was to be a mass monster (yeah right..didnt know about roids those days)
my measurements then (if i remember correctly was - arms @ 13.5 and chest @ 38 inches)
started following my 'trainer' but realized that my body was my best coach. so first started with basic body weight exercises
push ups, pull ups, dumbbell curls, dips... hands down the best foundation for a strong body.... then started with heavy exercises...however came down with inguinal hernia (part genetics...part weight lifting) was out of action for 4 years!!!! plus broke my right wrist so was out for another 2 years (somebody upstairs really doesn't want me to work out)
so just got depressed and starting wolfing down junk...ballooned to 97 kgs..however noticed that i wasn't getting round just small amounts of fat here and there..fast metabolism phew...
so currently started working out again in january 2009...and best of all joined a company which retails fitness equipments and other sports(decathlon in bangalore)..so can give you insight on the fitness industry..as in prices and quality...
current measurements
arms (cold) - 14 inches (hot) 16.2 inches..need to increase mass since at 6 feet i have long limbs and so it shows that i have no muscle mass..
weight @ 87 Kgs clean bulking to 97 kgs then dieting
current supplement serious mass (strawberry ...) seriously worth the money
6 kgs @ Rs. 1900!!! gained 1.7 kgs in a month...
please do ask me any doubts you guys do have..will try to help out

Peace

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionheart133 (Post 1605128)
Hi guys,

to start out
i started dabbling with weights when i was in puc (basically push ups and pull ups and such) weight about 44 kgs and 5'4...yeah puny...

well that was like 8 years back.... only plan was to be a mass monster (yeah right..didnt know about roids those days)
my measurements then (if i remember correctly was - arms @ 13.5 and chest @ 38 inches)
started following my 'trainer' but realized that my body was my best coach. so first started with basic body weight exercises
push ups, pull ups, dumbbell curls, dips... hands down the best foundation for a strong body.... then started with heavy exercises...however came down with inguinal hernia (part genetics...part weight lifting) was out of action for 4 years!!!! plus broke my right wrist so was out for another 2 years (somebody upstairs really doesn't want me to work out)
so just got depressed and starting wolfing down junk...ballooned to 97 kgs..however noticed that i wasn't getting round just small amounts of fat here and there..fast metabolism phew...
so currently started working out again in january 2009...and best of all joined a company which retails fitness equipments and other sports(decathlon in bangalore)..so can give you insight on the fitness industry..as in prices and quality...
current measurements
arms (cold) - 14 inches (hot) 16.2 inches..need to increase mass since at 6 feet i have long limbs and so it shows that i have no muscle mass..

Peace

It is 6lbs Serious mass and not 6kgs that is going to cost 1900, Just to avoid confusion. Did you notice only lean mass gains or some fat aswell?

Hello fellas,
Been using the following workout schedule for a while now:
Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Day2: Cardio
Day3: Legs
Day4: Cardio
Day5: Back/Biceps

Now I want to change my workout schedule to something like this:
Day1: Legs and Abs
Day 2: 20 mins cardio and then Chest
Day 3: 20 mins cardio and then Back
Day 4: 20 mins cardio and then Shoulders
Day 5: 30 mins cardio and then armd (Biceps/triceps)

I guess this will help me focus on each body part and be able to load heavy weight for each workout.

Do lemme know.

Cheers

^^ that looks good, only point to consider is your muscles will have recuperated long before you hit the same muscle next time (1 week). Also i am hoping you have lower back, calves and forearms in there somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionheart133 (Post 1605128)
Hi guys,

to start out

current measurements

Peace

*raises hand*
What is clean bulking?
Do you mean putting on lean muscles?
If that is so - then why would you need to diet?

Another question - since you say that you have a fast metabolism - and after eating junk, you still haven't put on much fat - how do you think you'll be able to help most of the ppl?
Most of the ppl won't have a metabolism like you - and they need to be ultra careful about what they do and what they eat. Which is not the case with you. So how would you help them, if you haven't faced their problems?

Don't get me wrong - but I am actually very paranoid about advices from ppl who have genetically good metabolism, bone structure, muscle tone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1609497)
Hello fellas,
Been using the following workout schedule for a while now:
Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Day2: Cardio
Day3: Legs
Day4: Cardio
Day5: Back/Biceps

Now I want to change my workout schedule to something like this:
Day1: Legs and Abs
Day 2: 20 mins cardio and then Chest
Day 3: 20 mins cardio and then Back
Day 4: 20 mins cardio and then Shoulders
Day 5: 30 mins cardio and then armd (Biceps/triceps)

I guess this will help me focus on each body part and be able to load heavy weight for each workout.

Do lemme know.

Cheers

Why not do this:
Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, small cardio
Day2: Legs, calves, small Cardio
Day3: Back/Biceps, small cardio
Day 4: huge cardio
Day 5: Rest if you feel lazy, repeat day1 otherwise

Doing cardio after weights is much better since the glycogen stores in your body are depleted after working out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 1609668)
Why not do this:

Doing cardio after weights is much better since the glycogen stores in your body are depleted after working out.

Thats what I was doing till now with the exception of cardio post workouts. I somehow cannot do any cardio after my weights session.

I now want to concentrate on each body part and give it maximum focus hence thought of changing my schedule.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1609704)
I now want to concentrate on each body part and give it maximum focus hence thought of changing my schedule.

Thanks

Try,
Day 1: Cardio 10mts followed by Chest & biceps
Day 2: Cardio 10mts followed by Back & Triceps
Day 3: Cardio 10mts followed by Shoulders & Abs
Day 4: Legs (this includes calves)
Day 5: Repeat cycle.

Cardio for 10mts is more of a warm up before you lift weights but it really helps to push your workout to the limit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha09mel (Post 1609817)
Try,
Day 1: Cardio 10mts followed by Chest & biceps
Day 2: Cardio 10mts followed by Back & Triceps
Day 3: Cardio 10mts followed by Shoulders & Abs
Day 4: Legs (this includes calves)
Day 5: Repeat cycle.

Cardio for 10mts is more of a warm up before you lift weights but it really helps to push your workout to the limit.

I agree, doing cardio prior to weights warms up the body nicely and I can lift heavier.

Sha90mel, any reason why you suggest this workout? I always thought it better to combine chest/shoulders workout with triceps and back workout with biceps.

The reason being triceps will be involved when you are working out on chest/shoulders, similarly for biceps when working on the back.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1609847)
The reason being triceps will be involved when you are working out on chest/shoulders, similarly for biceps when working on the back.
Cheers

Exactly!! Why would you wanna work on your already worked upon triceps while doing chest.

I never really combine two major body parts chest/shoulder or shoulder/legs, cause by the time I'm thru with any one body part( I really push the weights to the max) I hardly have energy to work on the other major body part. Thats just me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 1609668)
Why not do this:

I am following a similar routine with few changes.

Day1- 15 min cardio then Chest and Back- upper abs
Day2- 15 min cardio then Biceps and Triceps- lower abs
Day3- 15 min cardio then Shoulder and legs + forearms

Mine is a 6 days a week with sunday as rest day and am quiet satisfied with this routine.
I also do a 2-3km running after finishing all exercises.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1610342)
I am following a similar routine with few changes.

Day1- 15 min cardio then Chest and Back- upper abs
Day2- 15 min cardio then Biceps and Triceps- lower abs
Day3- 15 min cardio then Shoulder and legs + forearms

Mine is a 6 days a week with sunday as rest day and am quiet satisfied with this routine.
I also do a 2-3km running after finishing all exercises.

aha the arnold type routine ...
cool.

I believe most of the old school routines work pretty well.

and that running after weights = superb cardio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha09mel (Post 1610076)
Exactly!! Why would you wanna work on your already worked upon triceps while doing chest.

I never really combine two major body parts chest/shoulder or shoulder/legs, cause by the time I'm thru with any one body part( I really push the weights to the max) I hardly have energy to work on the other major body part. Thats just me.

Thats precisely the reason I want to focus all my energies on just 1 single body part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 1610382)
cool.

You can say that. But then somehow I just can't do any cardio after weights session, perhaps I should try it again and see how it goes.

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 1610382)
cool.

Thanks.:)
But honestly am not aware if arnold had such a routine. If you know his routine do let me know.
I just made this myself cos after a lot of research and trials i find this the best to suit my requirement of working out.