Team-BHP - Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1404-bodybuilding-exercises-supplements-148.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1564645)
I recently picked up a tub of myofusion for 2800. Dymatize Elite costs 3189 at hypercity in Bombay.

cheers

Bought Dymatize Elite Chocolate Fudge 5 lb. for Rs. 3300 today. I actually went to buy Myofusion but they only had it in a 2 lb. pack. Perhaps next time. By the way, what is the recommended dosage? I weight train 3 days a week and cardio on the rest 3 days.

Okay more questions :D:

For a vegetarian eating a green leafy vegetable, an apple and lots of bananas, eggs and a whey protein scoop daily, is a multivitamin tab. needed? I instead bought an Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement bottle (Ultimate Nutrition-90 softgels, Rs. 500). Thoughts? Again, what is the recommended dosage?

Thanks!

Edit: Make that a 'few' bananas and egg whites daily. Also, with respect to the recommended no.of scoops of whey protein, I weight train 3 times a week in the evenings.

Waiting for suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iVictor (Post 1569101)
Just curious if Jack3d is available in India/Bangalore.

Best Regards,
iVictor

got jack3d from mumbai @2350.
Will update the review when i use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NK@Hyd (Post 1569475)

For a vegetarian eating a green leafy vegetable, an apple and lots of bananas, eggs and a whey protein scoop daily, is a multivitamin tab. needed? I instead bought an Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement bottle (Ultimate Nutrition-90 softgels, Rs. 500). Thoughts? Again, what is the recommended dosage?

Thanks!

Edit: Make that a 'few' bananas and egg whites daily. Also, with respect to the recommended no.of scoops of whey protein, I weight train 3 times a week in the evenings.

Waiting for suggestions.

To maintain weight or lose fat, a good rule of thumb would be to intake at least 0.7gms of quality protein per pound of body weight and not more than 60gms at any single time (for supplements, not more than 40gms.)

Most multivitamins contain a lot of essential minerals and trace elements along with anti oxidants, all of which you might not be getting through your diet. Also, not all whey supplements have vitamins added. So according to the brand of whey being utilized, you can make an informed decision on whether to pop a multi vitamin pill or not. In any case, one pill will neither dent your pocket nor cause hypervitaminosis, so why not pop one just to cover all bases?

I'm glad you bought the fish oil caps. One of the MOST vital supplements IMHO. The experts are divided as to the dosage. 2 prevalent theories that I have come across are: 1] 1g of fish oil per body fat percentage and 2] 10gms of fish oil a day. I personally take at least 6gms everyday

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 1560724)

By the way i wonder why vikram has stopped posting here.come on man we need your experience here.

Thanks for the kind words. Godog has summed it up a lot more succinctly than I could ever have. Just got tired of reacting to baseless allegations, even though nobody had the cojones to say it upfront.
I'm always more than happy to answer any and all queries to the best of my ability. You guys know where to find me. I'm just a PM away :)

Guys i need help. Im a student here in bangalore and i dont have a cook (there are really no good cooks here) and i have to eat outside. This is murder on my diet :(. What food do you guys suggest i eat (im both veg and non-veg). Right now i really cant hit the gym much because of studies, but i just want to maintain weight and stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliAtenza (Post 1569883)
What food do you guys suggest i eat (im both veg and non-veg). Right now i really cant hit the gym much because of studies, but i just want to maintain weight and stuff.

CHINESE: Clear chicken soup, steamed chicken siu mai/wantons, grilled/bbq chicken starter, stir fried vegetables/mushrooms; NO fried rice!

INDIAN: Soup, up to 2 plates of chicken starters and a salad. At most, a very small helping of rice and dal.

ITALIAN: Soup, chicken penne arabiatta, salad; NO breads

CONTINENTAL: Chicken/lamb/beef pepper steak OR grilled fish fillet and veggies; NO fries or creamy mashed potatoes.

Breakfast: eggs/idli/upma/muesli
Snacks: nuts/fruit/ low cal stuff like sukka bhel/ protein shakes/yoghurt

Avoid bakery products. avoid sugar

Hope this helps

Guys, I'll be working out of Delhi for the next 6-7 months and need to join a good gym out here. The nearest one to my house is Revital. I have no idea about the gyms in Delhi (or India for that matter) so could anyone tell me if Revital is a good one or not? I did check them out earlier in the day and it seems they have all the basic equipment in place, in addition to some specialty machines.

I'll contribute my current 4-day rotating workout regime as well:
Day 1: Chest and upper/lower back
Day 2: Shoulders and biceps
Day 3: Legs/thighs and triceps
Day 4: Light cardio
Repeat with Sundays off

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan75 (Post 1569919)

I'll contribute my current 4-day rotating workout regime as well:
Day 1: Chest and upper/lower back
Day 2: Shoulders and biceps
Day 3: Legs/thighs and triceps
Day 4: Light cardio
Repeat with Sundays off

Any particular reason for this workout? One day 1 you're working opposing muscle groups i.e. chest and back. Why not the same for arms then? I mean why not biceps and triceps on day 3 maybe, and shoulders and legs on day 2?
Please clarify

Ok after reading and hearing a lot about push pull (eg TMUSCLE.com | Push-Pull Workout ) - i decided to try out a variation for a month.
However instead of doing it all in 2 days, I decided to do
day 1 - pull upper body
day 2 - push upper body
day 3 - thighs and lower back

Now mostly I am good on principles of bodybuilding, resting muscles, functioning of muscles, form, etc. But with this push-pull stuff I am confused about how to classify a push exercise vs a pull exercise, especially because the same exercise can be done in push form or pull form!!

I think its based on where the weight is, relative to the movement - under you or over you, is that correct?
If yes then I can move the weights above or below and make a pull exercise a push.
Some exercises are clear pulls like shrugs, rows and some are clear push like presses.
But try flys with dumbbells and pulley machine - isnt one pushing the dumbbell where-as other pulling the pulley weight stupid:

ANy help with examples would be nice :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi (Post 1570205)
Ok after reading and hearing a lot about push pull (eg TMUSCLE.com | Push-Pull Workout ) - i decided to try out a variation for a month.
However instead of doing it all in 2 days, I decided to do
day 1 - pull upper body
day 2 - push upper body
day 3 - thighs and lower back

Now mostly I am good on principles of bodybuilding, resting muscles, functioning of muscles, form, etc. But with this push-pull stuff I am confused about how to classify a push exercise vs a pull exercise, especially because the same exercise can be done in push form or pull form!!

I think its based on where the weight is, relative to the movement - under you or over you, is that correct?
If yes then I can move the weights above or below and make a pull exercise a push.
Some exercises are clear pulls like shrugs, rows and some are clear push like presses.
But try flys with dumbbells and pulley machine - isnt one pushing the dumbbell where-as other pulling the pulley weight stupid:

ANy help with examples would be nice :)

Flys are looked down upon in power/weight lifting principles, so they don't bother with these anyways :D. So are pulley machine ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 1569857)

Most multivitamins contain a lot of essential minerals and trace elements along with anti oxidants, all of which you might not be getting through your diet. Also, not all whey supplements have vitamins added. So according to the brand of whey being utilized, you can make an informed decision on whether to pop a multi vitamin pill or not. In any case, one pill will neither dent your pocket nor cause hypervitaminosis, so why not pop one just to cover all bases?

Thanks Vikram. If you can, please suggest a good, affordable brand. Do you think Revital or Supractiv would fit the bill? I think both are priced at Rs.6 per tab.

Quote:

I'm glad you bought the fish oil caps. One of the MOST vital supplements IMHO. The experts are divided as to the dosage. 2 prevalent theories that I have come across are: 1] 1g of fish oil per body fat percentage and 2] 10gms of fish oil a day. I personally take at least 6gms everyday
The Omega-3 bottle says 1000mg-90 softgels. Bodybuilding.com - Ultimate Nutrition Omega 3 - Fish Oil! On sale now!. Does it mean each softgel is 1g?

Isn't Seven Seas good enough for a fish oil?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NK@Hyd (Post 1570532)
Thanks Vikram. If you can, please suggest a good, affordable brand. Do you think Revital or Supractiv would fit the bill? I think both are priced at Rs.6 per tab.

The Omega-3 bottle says 1000mg-90 softgels. Bodybuilding.com - Ultimate Nutrition Omega 3 - Fish Oil! On sale now!. Does it mean each softgel is 1g?

Yup. Most people here use revital. I believe Supradyn is probably even cheaper. Yup again. 1000mg=1g

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 1570569)
Isn't Seven Seas good enough for a fish oil?

Seven seas or sea cod as it is now sold, consists of only cod liver oil, whereas fish oil tabs include a couple of varieties of fish and again not just the liver. The other issue with Seven seas is the size - 300mg per tab. If I were to consume 6g of seven seas, I'd need about 20 caps a day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 1569904)
CHINESE: Clear chicken soup, steamed chicken siu mai/wantons, grilled/bbq chicken starter, stir fried vegetables/mushrooms; NO fried rice!

INDIAN: Soup, up to 2 plates of chicken starters and a salad. At most, a very small helping of rice and dal.

ITALIAN: Soup, chicken penne arabiatta, salad; NO breads

CONTINENTAL: Chicken/lamb/beef pepper steak OR grilled fish fillet and veggies; NO fries or creamy mashed potatoes.

Breakfast: eggs/idli/upma/muesli
Snacks: nuts/fruit/ low cal stuff like sukka bhel/ protein shakes/yoghurt

Avoid bakery products. avoid sugar

Hope this helps

i dont eat rice almost at all these days, other than at lunch time, i.e rice and chicken curry. I need to cut paneer out of my diet as well, but im addicted to paneer butter masala, lol. I dont eat beef and lamb...just chicken, turkey and fish. Unfortunetly i dont have time for breakfast in the mornings :(. As for indian breads, is naan ok? or should i switch to roti or kulcha?

^^ move to whole wheat roti - naan is maida!