Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2017, 08:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wardrobe Rejig: Importing Clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
The prices are very reasonable - I don't remember exactly, but the trousers starts at around 3.5-4 K all inclusive and shirts, at around 2 - 2.5 k. The socks are only 300 inr, and belt starts from 3k, if I am not mistaken.

Each purchase gets you loyalty points and the best part is that you can redeem them even during sales, unlike most of the brands which don't allow you to use points during sales on discounted products.

--Anoop
This is very interesting and quite useful. What shirt material was it? I'm surprised because I buy the twin ply egyptian cotton shirts and those cost 2.5-3k (non sale prices). My issue with those shirts is that the material is never robust enough and barely lasts the second year.

Especially some of them develop burrs (basically the material is so fine and the thread is so delicate, that it comes out at various places, especially the breast pocket area, where I keep my pen)

If you have any suggestion on shirt material that looks premium and yet does not give way like the description above, I would be very interested in adding to my wardrobe.
Old 4th September 2017, 11:07   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is very interesting and quite useful. What shirt material was it?
They have a verity of materials - I usually go for Giza cotton. They have different thread count Giza cotton cloths available and now I have fully switched to Made to Measure. The first set of shirts and trousers which are now 1 year old are holding well, after wearing at least once in a week for past one year.

Sharing one incident:

Once I ordered a couple of shirts but could not open or try them for few weeks after delivery. When I opened a shirt, I saw that they forgot to add the breast pocket - I was in a different city and since I did not have another option, I wore the shirt but raised a complaint with Raymond. I got a call from the showroom and they profusely apologies for the miss and assured me that they can get the breast pocket done, if I can bring the shirt back. Since I was traveling for some time and I was in a different city, I told them that it wont be possible for me to bring the shirt back to Bangalore soon. They told me that I can drop off the shirt in any Raymond exclusive showroom in India and they will get it picked up, fixed and will deliver to any Raymond showroom in India I prefer.

Since I kind of liked the fit without the breast pocket, I declined the offer and decided to keep it the way it is, but was really happy with the resolution offered.

--Anoop
Old 11th September 2017, 13:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
OT query

Where can I find good quality solid plain T shirt/Polo? It should not even have any brand logo on the chest area. If that is difficult to get, some subtle logo in same/close color is ok.

Which brand/store in Bangalore should I target?
I searched for the same in ShoppersStop, Van Heusen, Allen Solly, Mufti, Lee, Benetton, Wrangler, Louis Philippe, Maxx, Trends, Peter England, Bossini, Kappa, and More (dept store) etc

I could find T Shirts without logo in Trends, Maxx, and More - It cost less and quality is low. All other brands have visible logo on the chest area.

Finally ended up buying Blue and Black polo from Benetton. White I got it from Lee. These have logo on the chest area but in the same color and slightly visible.
Attached Thumbnails
Wardrobe Rejig: Importing Clothes?-img_20170910_140009559_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 11th September 2017 at 14:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks