Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 00:49   #106
BHPian

Re: R.I.P Gd1418 :(

Gd sir and I were friends. He was an avid photography enthusiast, driving enthusiast, wildlife conservationist, a jovial and helpful person. We had found our friendship. His tiger tails and trails will always be missed by me. He used to tell me about his wife's shared yet restricted passion for wildlife, his getting irritated at she needing tea at frequent intervals on road trips, how his children did not share his zeal for wildlife, how driving his daughters newly bought alto created jitters in him (looking at SUVs bullying smaller cars on the road; he admitted to have done that several times and swore to never do that), how he bought his full frame nikons body (he never told his wife that he had bought it though he now had an apprehension that she knew that it was not a gift but he had bought it), his faith in the dairy products of Saras (the milk dairy situated in alvar city from where he bought bootfulls of products for his family's consumption), his faith on a small vegetable seller in tejara (who he believed grew vegetables in his backyard). So on n so forth. I learnt a lot of photography from him, but time was just not enough to learn the tricks n traits of life, the virtues that were so deeply embedded in him. His passion was spell casting. Let it be his rule of eating very less during sariska afternoons (to keep his tummy safe) or his simplicity. I will miss his constantly twirling his moustache while talking to me. I will miss him to the core. It has been three days and that whatsapp message broadcasted by his number stating his death and intimating his cremation does not leave me. I was in Bombay then. Even if I were here, I wouldn't have gone. Why? Coz I don't want that to be my last memory of him. My last memory of him is his plans for the re opening of sariska in October. We also did his second last trip to sariska together on 22nd June this year (the last befittingly that with his wife on the last weekend of June).....

I am a conservationist at heart too. But guru ji by passing away on teachers day u took away my teacher, friend and guide. I truly feel the tiger population in India fell significantly with his demise (both in letter and spirit). This one man and his posts have been largely responsible for popularising sariska again. He always said 'tourist aayega tabhi to poachers and authorities ko darr lagega'. I will miss u gd sir. Gone you are but will never be forgotten. Love

Last edited by Samridh : 9th September 2014 at 00:52.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:03   #107
BHPian

Really shocking to hear this. I was supposed to meet him along with the gang sometime back but I had to back out. He was a gem of a person. My condolences.

R.I.P.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

I met him here on this forum several years back and here is where I say my parting good bye with a very very heavy heart.

He was a close friend and a good human being. The world is one good man less today.

I remember several years back I was at home in Agra and he called and wanted to know what I was doing that evening and I said nothing much. He called me to Amar Vilas for dinner where he was staying with another friend for the US.

Several other meets and fun filled times with him.

I looked at his facebook updates with amuse and they reflected his clean and innocent outlook towards life. His updates at Lunch time were amusing.

Good bye Guruji. Roar up there.
Old 10th September 2014, 11:24   #109
BHPian

RIP GD. shocked to hear. Condolences to his family and friends
Old 10th September 2014, 17:09   #110
BHPian

Really shocking and sad news. RIP GD. Condolences to his family and friends.
Old 11th September 2014, 15:55   #111
BHPian

May your soul rest in peace Sir. Though I did not get an opportunity to meet you or know you but when a nice and loved human being departs a void is created in this world.

May God give strength to your family to bear this loss.
Old 11th September 2014, 21:35   #112
BHPian

RIP, Dear GD.

From the spontaneous outpourings of heartfelt condolences from people on our forum it is evident to even a total stranger like me that you were a gem.

RIP, friend.
Old 12th September 2014, 00:08   #113
Senior - BHPian

RIP sir. Always sad to read such news on the forum.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:31   #114
BHPian

R.I.P GD saab.
We will all miss you for the travelogues. Used to eagerly look for updates on the Gurgaon-Sariska thread from gd1418. The forum will entirely miss this great person.
Old 12th September 2014, 13:20   #115

May god bless Guru Sir's soul and give strength to the family members and dear friends. I have been one of many silent readers of his logs. I also got inspiration from him to visit Sariska and try hands with Photography. I have visited Sariska number of times and will continue doing do for the very same reasons.

Guru Jee, you will be sorely missed by all the fellow travellers. I did not meet u but I got to know you from your logs. Your text, pictures depcited your passion for wildlife, travelling.

I remember seeing Guru saab in sector 29 Gurgaon, I could relate him to his pictures posted in his logs, I thought for several minutes to reach out to him and say hi, for some reason I could not do that. I wish I had gone up to him and appreciated his work. Sometimes we just do not follow our heart.
Old 15th September 2014, 05:25   #116
BHPian

I will definitely miss GD , interacted with him few times regarding his travelogues , always replied back and had a great sense of humour , terrific knowledge of wildlife and some brilliant photography skills , not to forget his narrations of his wildlife experiences , made one feel as if they were there personally.

Pray for his family so that god may give them strength to deal with his loss !!
Old 20th September 2014, 21:36   #117
Team-BHP Support

Attended the prayer meeting for Guruji today and bid my final farewell to him...God bless his soul !
Old 27th February 2015, 20:03   #118
BHPian

Shocked to learn that GD1418 is no more among us.

Was just going through threads when I came across this and I must say.. Although I never met him personally, his posts have been read by this wildlife enthusiast for quite sometime.

While I am saddened by his demise, I also want to bring to your notice this thread.
Look at the number of people who's life he had touched without actually meeting them. Look at their comments.
Makes your heart cry that a man who was so highly respected by one and all is no longer with us.

Having said that, as many have already said, may you find peace wherever you are.

Till the time I meet you, Adios.
- Gaurav.
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:50   #119
Senior - BHPian

Another shocker of a news! Just got to know from another thread. R.I.P. GD
Old 4th March 2015, 10:30   #120
Senior - BHPian

I noticed this thread just now.
May his soul rest in peace.

Gurudutt had guided me on how to use OpenStreet. He had asked me to tell him about my experience with OpenStreet. I always kept thinking I would write to him later. And that never happened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks