Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you drink Coke Pepsi?
Not at all 8 11.59%
Yes - but rarely 17 24.64%
Yes - as usual 44 63.77%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2006, 00:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

I really have got bugged with CSE. Looks like the whole drama is a big farcical publicity stunt. I had high respect for them when they did the comparison first time. But looks like they are digging old graves to garner some cheap publicity. God knows, how is it going to help health of us Indians.

P.S.: I have been avoiding Colas for long time, even before this controversy cropped up 3 years back. I prefer plain water (probably containing far more pesticides) than bottled coke. But that is my personal preference.
Old 16th August 2006, 01:50   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Well the pesticides wont affect me - I always sterilise the cola with Whisky / Rum before having it !
Same here.
Anyway, I don't think there's anything that's unadulterated in India. Everything is equally lethal.
Old 16th August 2006, 03:31   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Just a clarification!
you say chemical free... the chemicals used for hyper growth etc.?
But every farmer still uses pesticides!!.. and most use in excess on the allowed quantity that actually contaminates the produce.

So end of day what vegies... and fruits i get in market are contaminated (or mixed with them)... coz I haven't seen different stalls for pesticide free and not. Also I can't every time test them .. in a lab before eating.

So where does it leave us?.... ban cold drinks?
Clarification ---- I say chemical free and I mean chemical free !!! that includes pesticides as well ... I use Neem leaves mixed with water , or tobacco mixed with dried hash plants and a lot of other traditional methods of trying to save my produce from the insecticides . As for not seeing different stall coz a lot of the Indian public is still nor prepared to pay the premium for this produce !! Regular tomatoes -- 20 Rs/kg , Organic tomatoes - 32 Rs/kg ...... tell me you want organic veges -- Ill have a 10 kg box delievred to you every friday with assorted vege's ( Just keep Rs 700 ready ) .... PM me your address !!

As for testing .... Organic certification is a lengthy process and organic farms have to fulfill a lot of requirements before geting certification !! You can test the produce every Friday till you satisfied ..

Quote:
Our farmers are poor - they themselves eat their own vegetables

And what may be your definition of a farmer ?? And what has poor got to do with pesticide use ?? Poor = less money = no pesticide = fresh produce !!! Its the consumer who demands a pretty looking tomato or apple or brinjal ... if not pretty looking then they dont buy or want it at dirt cheap prices .... and how does fresh produce get pretty ... by using a lot of chemicals ... Its the consumer who is to blame for the chemical reigning supreme in the fields !!

Let the consumer wake up and demand chemical free produce ... We will provide it !!! But wake up atleast ...

Cheers
Old 16th August 2006, 03:37   #34
BHPian

This is an article I wrote about 3 years back. It still hasn't changed much.

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Are_...?-44283-1.html
Old 16th August 2006, 05:23   #35
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Organic tomatoes - 32 Rs/kg ...... tell me you want organic veges -- Ill have a 10 kg box delievred to you every friday with assorted vege's ( Just keep Rs 700 ready )
My god! Rs 380 courier charges! LOL.... and what 10 kg tomato a week!!.. looks like I'll be surviving on tomatoes only .... just kidding!....

BTW.. do these cold drinks have enough pesticides to kill pests? if not.. then what good will they do of a human being!

Last edited by SLK : 16th August 2006 at 05:25.
Old 16th August 2006, 08:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
*BURP*..... Yes I will...

Ditto !!!!!

Rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks