Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2015, 11:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Fast & Furious 7!

True that!

Till Fast 5 things were in acceptable limits. Then Fast 6 came along and they built the worlds longest runway - doesn't finish at all (even when the Antonov crashes, there's lot of room left). With Fast 7 they scaled a new height of STUPIDITY! I really wonder if they wanted to make sequel to the franchise or just another dumb action movie.

And what's with that drone? I mean, even the real life Predator has limited number of Hellfires it can carry, but not the one in the movie. No siree, this one's special, with unlimited supply of munitions! Felt like playing Doom 3 with cheat codes!

I guess the scriptwriter didn't have any problems with dialogues for Dom and Hobbs - don't have much to say anyways - always flexing muscles and spitting out clichés!

And oh, there were a couple of Bollywood knocks in there too - like Dom and Shaw playing dandiya in the parking lot and Letty's emotionally charged dialogues at the end! Jeez, it felt like I was watching a Bollywood flick!

Oh man, they really lost it this time.

PS: Now I know what the rear spoilers really are for

Last edited by IronH4WK : 4th April 2015 at 11:24.
Old 4th April 2015, 11:25   #17
BHPian

Re: Fast & Furious 7!

What's with the rating of this movie?

My 14 year old son wanted to watch it on Thursday and I went to PVR only to find that this movie has an "Adult" rating in India. When I checked online, the movie is only rated "PG13" in the US for profanity and violence.

On another note, how diligent are theaters in checking IDs for "Adult" rated movies?
Old 4th April 2015, 12:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't book a ticket this weekend due to some other commitments for today and the RedBull showrun on Sunday. Going by the reviews, it seems I've saved a thousand bucks!

Those who watched FF7, how does it compare with the Need For Speed movie?

At least, NFS brought some of the iconic hyper cars to the screen even if you ignore the non existent acting and the terrible plot.
Old 4th April 2015, 13:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Couldn't book a ticket this weekend due to some other commitments for today and the RedBull showrun on Sunday. Going by the reviews, it seems I've saved a thousand bucks!

Those who watched FF7, how does it compare with the Need For Speed movie?

At least, NFS brought some of the iconic hyper cars to the screen even if you ignore the non existent acting and the terrible plot.

I like the NFS movie better compared to Fast 7. Sure there are mind numbing stunts (if you can call them that) and the world as a stage, but it doesn't gel well together and you end up thinking - am I watching a Rajnikanth movie (no offence to Thalaivar)?
Old 5th April 2015, 07:39   #20
BHPian

I saw the movie on first day and it was beyond my expectations. I will take the brunt to differ with the fellow members, it was completely action packed and not the Top Gear show, where only cars talk.

Yes, the usual drag races, quarter mile fun was missing, but it is not only about racing anymore, the Family has settled down, Paul got married, playing with kids and want to live a peaceful life and other yearns for it.However the past haunts them and they have to settle the scores for once and for all.

I have rarely seen such action packed movie, where the action/stunts keeps on the edge of the seat till its over, you blink an eye and you'll lose something and yes there were cars with some unusual stunts (agreed they went overboard this time, specially Vin Diesel), however he keeps your adrenaline pumping continuously. Last but not the least the final tribute to Paul Walker, makes your heart skip a beat, very touching indeed.

Ratings, well couldn't get enough, going for another show today
Old 5th April 2015, 13:19   #21
BHPian

Have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. One shouldn't expect to have a totally meaningful story like Shawshank redemption.
FF7 was 100% entertainment from start to finish. The epic dialogues of The Rock, Tyrese Gibson & Ludacris once again providing some real good humor. The touching end for Paul Walker was tastefully done.
Old 5th April 2015, 13:19   #22
BHPian

Me & wifey tried this yesterday. Her first of the FF series. We both enjoyed our time. Only boring part was the horrendous commercials before and during the show, took 45 mins of our life. This was at the forum value mall, btw.

Maybe we enjoyed the film coz we went with the typical bollywood-movie-mindeset, i.e. keep brains at home and get tubs of popcorn to boot
Old 5th April 2015, 18:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What's even more upsetting is that, from being a car movie with some action, Fast & Furious is now a (silly) action movie with 'some cars thrown in' just for effect.
Exactly what I felt after watching the movie. This franchise is not about cars any more. Its a straight up action movie and that too not very well thought out.
Maybe they had to change the storyline to accommodate for Paul Walker's death. That is the only reason I can find acceptable for this movie being so bad.

By the way, what other movie franchise has reached 6 sequels? I know Star Wars will reach there this year with Star Wars 7, but anything else?
Old 5th April 2015, 18:43   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
By the way, what other movie franchise has reached 6 sequels? I know Star Wars will reach there this year with Star Wars 7, but anything else?
The infamous Police Academy had reached 6 sequels.
Old 5th April 2015, 18:47   #25
Team-BHP Support

Where the hell have the drag races and drifts gone? Fast & Furious should be about tuning, modifications, etc. This one is a pure masala flick. On the positive side, I ended up laughing a lot.
Old 5th April 2015, 18:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The infamous Police Academy had reached 6 sequels.
Ah yes. Did they manage to retain the same cast as well?
Old 5th April 2015, 19:00   #27
BHPian

this is what i could think of after watching the F&F 7:
"A late 80s Bollywood movie brought to you by Hollywood"
Old 5th April 2015, 19:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
I saw the movie on first day and it was beyond my expectations. I will take the brunt to differ with the fellow members, it was completely action packed and not the Top Gear show, where only cars talk.

Ratings, well couldn't get enough, going for another show today
Finally! Some people who like a movie for what it is, not what they want it to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
Have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. One shouldn't expect to have a totally meaningful story like Shawshank redemption.
FF7 was 100% entertainment from start to finish. The epic dialogues of The Rock, Tyrese Gibson & Ludacris once again providing some real good humor. The touching end for Paul Walker was tastefully done.
Completely agree with you there mate. And I've never understood why people say Fast & Furious franchise is only about cars! It's an action series, that centers on illegal street racing, fast cars, smoking ladies, heists, family, friendship, love & many other exciting stuff! If people are expecting to go into the theater and watch a 2 hour documentary about how the NOS flows from the tank to the manifold, might as well go watch Discovery Channel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Me & wifey tried this yesterday. Her first of the FF series. We both enjoyed our time. Only boring part was the horrendous commercials before and during the show, took 45 mins of our life. This was at the forum value mall, btw.

Maybe we enjoyed the film coz we went with the typical bollywood-movie-mindeset, i.e. keep brains at home and get tubs of popcorn to boot
While I'll disagree on the bollywood-movie comparo, given the fact that this is far better to look at than some cheesy filled-with-sexual-innuendo-womanizing bollywood movie, I do agree on the keeping brains at home part. You've come to the theater to have fun. Leave your brains at home, so you can use them better next Monday when you're at your dead-end job.

All in all, we liked the movie. The stunts were over the top, the lines were cheesy, all the ladies were hot, and it was an all out entertainer. If you're looking to have your mind frazzled by an intense plot that is as airtight as your Tupper-ware lunch box, go watch an art film.
Old 5th April 2015, 19:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I can think of James Bond, X-Men, Harry Potter just of the top off my head.

If we consider the Hobbit series as part of the Lord of the Rings franchise, then that gets into the list too.
Old 5th April 2015, 20:48   #30
BANNED

Saw it first day and as I feared, it was not good. There are some good stunts but it's moved so far from F&F theme that it more of fights/drama than racing cars. Once they bought in the Rock the series hit the rock bottom.

Even Paul is marginalised in this one.

Last edited by zaks : 5th April 2015 at 20:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks