Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2015, 10:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

Fast & Furious 7!

The much awaited Hollywood movie, Fast & Furious 7 (officially titled Furious 7), is scheduled to be released on April 3, 2015.This is the last movie from the Fast & Furious series in which we will see the much loved star of the series, Paul Walker, who tragically passed away in a car crash in 2013.

The movie also stars Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Elsa Pataky, Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou, Tony Jaa, Ronda Rousey, Kurt Russell and Lucas Black.

Furious 7 seems to pick up from where Fast & Furious 6 ended with the appearance of Jason Statham as the older brother of 'Shaw' who wishes to seek revenge on Dom, Brian and the entire team that were involved in Shaw's demise.

Fast & Furious came out with its first movie in 2001 - The Fast & the Furious, and immediately became a big hit with several automobile enthusiasts worldwide because of the modified cars, racing sequences and soundtracks. Soon it became a brand in its own and it came up with 5 other movies 2 Fast 2 Furious, Tokyo Drift, Fast & Furious 4, Fast 5 and Fast & Furious 6.

Fast & Furious 7!-furious7.jpg
Old 4th March 2015, 11:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Fast & Furious 7!

There is one more interesting thing about F&F 7.

Indian actor 'Ali Fasal' also stars in this movie. I would say thats a huge achievement for Ali, to get to star in such a cult movie.

Ali Fazal had played the character of Joy Lobo in 3 Idiots, who hangs himself, in case you guys dont remember who he is.
Old 4th March 2015, 11:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

1st day, last show - Obviously am on for this one. If other BHPians are game, we can make a Team-BHP meet out of it (but discussion in a separate thread closer to the date please).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Indian actor 'Ali Fasal' also stars in this movie.
Thanks! Wasn't aware of this. Here's a pic with Walker:
Fast & Furious 7!-19alifazalpaul.jpg

Pic credit: Mid-Day
Old 4th March 2015, 16:54   #4
BHPian

The trailer for Furious 7 is brilliant especially the part where Paul Walker is about to get off the cliff. Then there is Jason Statham who will take the action quotient one notch up. I am a little disappointed though that he will be on the other side. It would have been awesome if he were on the right side.

The movie finally will close the loop with Tokyo Drift and it should be interesting how future ones pan out. Cant wait for this one. It is first day last show for me as well and in IMAX. This is one franchise that seems to get better with every installment (though Fast Five remains my favourite)

One of the two most anticipated movies of the year for me. The other being Avengers - Age of Ultron!
Old 4th March 2015, 17:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
should be interesting how future ones pan out.
This is supposed to be the last movie in the series. Sad, but true!
Old 4th March 2015, 17:22   #6
BHPian

Can't wait for the movie. Though its sad Paul Walker wouldn't be around to see the movie. Though movie studio will make most of this tragedy and make money hands over fist. Same thing happened when Heath Ledger died before the release of movie The Dark Knight, but in all fairness that movie was class apart.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:56   #7

Being an automobile lover, Fast and Furious series has always been my top fav. movies to watch repeatedly. But this time I was lucky to work on this movie.
Old 9th March 2015, 14:13   #8
BHPian

Fast & Furious may have started out as a car movie but over the years it has evolved into a caper franchise. The cars are just there - as a means to put in some high octane action set pieces. It is as much about cars today as off-roading is about Ferraris.

That said, it is one of my favourite movie franchises. The first one completely blew me away. The second was a tad disappointing. The third was downright silly (but loads of stupid fun). The fourth one gave the franchise the much needed kick in the nuts. The fifth one took the bull by the horns and showed the world what a good action movie is all about. The sixth one lacked much but more than made up for it with the star power of The Rock.

My calendar is already blocked for April 3. Sent out a proper meeting invite to the wife too blocking her date and time. Ready, set, go!
Old 13th March 2015, 13:55   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulls View Post
But this time I was lucky to work on this movie.
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:22   #10
Team-BHP Support

Furious 7 releases today in India! A day ahead of the scheduled US release.

Just a friendly headsup!
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:39   #11
BHPian

Going for a 4DX in Viviana Mall.
A different experience for the the finale of the Fantastic FnF series.
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Got my tickets booked for this Saturday show.
I know it is going to be over the top, far removed from reality action. But that's what this franchise has become now. And I will still watch it.
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:33   #13
BHPian

Watched fast & furious 7, not as engaging as previous movies ,just went and watched for Paul, the end tribute could have been little more better.

Paul walker you live on through your movies .. Sad to see u go
Old 4th April 2015, 10:26   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Oh dear, what a terrible movie.

Went for Furious 7 last night. Started off nicely with a drag race between American muscle & German horsepower. The 3D experience was also wow.

It was great to see the usual gang (Dom, Paul etc.) in action. But it dwindled shortly after. The movie has the stupidest storyline ever and the more the action scenes progress, the more ridiculous they get! Dom was like a circus man making his car fly multiple times. Jason Statham fans will be disappointed to see his talent completely wasted in the movie.

Through the final hour, most of us were staring at our watches waiting for it to get over. What's even more upsetting is that, from being a car movie with some action, Fast & Furious is now a (silly) action movie with 'some cars thrown in' just for effect.

If the 1st instalment was a charmer, this one tries too hard with innumerable plots, twists & turns...failing miserably.

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm rating this movie 2 / 5 stars, and even that's being generous. Better to watch Furious 7 once it hits the tube. Don't waste your time in the theatre. The only good stuff is the first 15 minutes, and the classy tribute to Paul Walker at the end.

Now, I'm going to catch a rerun of Fast & the Furious 1 - or even Tokyo Drift - to clear up my head.

Last edited by GTO : 4th April 2015 at 10:27.
Old 4th April 2015, 10:31   #15
BHPian

I am going to watch it today. Oops

Most Viewed