Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-893.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5581592)
Where are you able to get these Tomicas?
I love those. They are solid little die cast vehicles.

You can get them at the Wizplex website (they’re the official importers) or through Amazon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 (Post 5577131)
Also could anyone tell me where I could find a scale model of the AE86 from Initial D, Hotwheels/Tomica size is fine but I'd like something a little bigger.

I had bought a Tomica Initial D AE86 from of the Instagram. Apart from that 1:18 Autoart Initial D is available online but they are frightfully expensive now.

I have started buying Hotwheels & Tomicas from Instagram pages since a year or two. You get the best variety albeit a little pricey since they are imports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 (Post 5581876)
I found both the Tomica and Hot Wheels at Playport on Church Street..

This Playport is the same as that Entertainment Store? I used to get a few occasional Tintin things there some years ago.

Anyway here are two of my latest additions:

1:87 Porsche 911 (991) Turbo S
1:43 Porsche 911 S with Ski Racks

Both by Schuco.

Just absolutely LOVE Porsche.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5582305)
This Playport is the same as that Entertainment Store? I used to get a few occasional Tintin things there some years ago.

They're both on Church Street but Playport and Entertainment Store are two seperate stores but they do offer similar products. Both have Anime and Pop Culture figurines and other pop culture merch.

The main difference is that Playport keeps model cars. Tomica, MiniGT, Hotwheels, Majorette and a few other brands as well.

After 2-3 cars I'd order online to save a little bit of money, try Krazy Caterpillar or Wizplex. The former being the official importers. Amazon is also a good place to look.

Usually the regular "white box" Tomica cars are 500 and the Premium series "black box" cars are 700. Most online stores sell them for 449 and 549 respectively. Some of the "white box" Tomica models can be had for around 349 on Amazon.

Looks like I've been bit by the Scale Model bug.

Not even 4 days after buying 3 model cars I went back and purchased another Tomica.

This time I went for the other Japanese Police Car they had, a Nissan 370Z Nismo (known as Fairlady Z in Japan)

It's a slightly larger scale compared to my R34 Police Car (1/62 vs 1/57) and the doors open on this one. Two other notable differences were the Japanese text on the side. The R34 had "Saitama Prefectural Police" on the side and the Japanese text on the 370Z translates to "Superintendent Agency", there is another yellow logo with text but it's too small for Google Translate to focus on.

While the overall livery design is mostly the same the little plastic piece present on the hood of the R34 which I'm assuming is some sort of bug deflector is missing on the 370Z.

The ethereal piece of art!

Thanks a lot guys for pointing me towards Wizplex!
Here are my 5 latest acquisitions. I have always liked Tomica and Takara Tomy. Great Japanese precision tooling in such a tiny scale!

A little Jimny 3 door
A lovely Toyota 2000GT
A superb little Pajero
A nice Sarge Green Jeep
A Lambo Huracan

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5585070)
Thanks a lot guys for pointing me towards Wizplex!
Here are my 5 latest acquisitions.

Those are wonderful castings, especially the Pajero. Tomica actually makes really good casting glad that they are back for retail sales in India.

For anyone who's interested, Toyota 2000GT 1/64 is presently available from Majorette at a good price. [Edit: I note that the Tomica version is also available at the same/similar price. Not sure if the Majorette version has openable doors, but its hood does open.]

I've got one, but I haven't opened the blister pack yet. I really want to photograph it, but somehow all those images of people bragging about 'mint condition' on YouTube come back to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davelok (Post 5585136)
For
I've got one, but I haven't opened the blister pack yet. I really want to photograph it, but somehow all those images of people bragging about 'mint condition' on YouTube come back to me.

Most of my collection of MatchBox, HotWheels, Majorette, GreenLight, Johnny Lightning and all are like this only. Blister packs unopened. The specific cars that I really love I buy two of, one to remain unopened and one to play with. This makes me think I am more of a Hoarder than a Collector of scale models.

So this came in my feed today.

If anybody else has fallen in love with this like me, i implore you to add this in collection and share more photographs of this.
The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-4.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-5.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-6.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-7.jpg

Hello everybody!

I've been wanting to collect diecast model cars forever now.
Have maybe 6-7 so far.
The first one being an SVT Mustang Cobra along with a Viper, an SLS AMG, a 300 SL Gullwing.
Would love to add more and make it a collection, but am an absolute noob.
Would be forever indebted if somebody can help and wouldn't mind being bothered with questions.

A few Tomica’s that I picked up from Singapore airport earlier this year.

The Scale Model Thread-img_7468.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_7463.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitoasis (Post 5585670)

If anybody else has fallen in love with this like me, i implore you to add this in collection and share more photographs of this.

A friend of mine has a Century and shared these pictures.

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0004.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0020.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0019.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0018.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0017.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0015.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0016.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0014.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0013.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0011.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0012.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0010.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0009.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0008.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0007.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0006.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0005.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0037.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img20230302wa0021.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 5586386)
A friend of mine has a Century and shared these pictures.

Thank you very much. Are these Autoart as well. It looks nice with the authentic Wool interiors. And the spare wheel and its cover in the boot. Amazing attention to detail.