Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-902.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 5624746)
Would be good to see some additional pics of those Thars, please. :thumbs up

Ask and you shall receive. lol:

The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg

Wheels swapped with Wrangler. How I wish it was possible to buy off the shelf accessories for scale models!

The Scale Model Thread-4.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor (Post 5624804)
Ask and you shall receive. lol:

Thanks for sharing. I like the efforts you've made with photography as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor (Post 5624804)
How I wish it was possible to buy off the shelf accessories for scale models!

I see a lot of folks now 3D printing such mods for their scale models. 14000rpm also posted earlier about a guy who does so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 5624810)

I see a lot of folks now 3D printing such mods for their scale models. 14000rpm also posted earlier about a guy who does so.

Indeed. The creativity enabled by 3D printing is mind-blowing. Adding some snapshots from the instagramer I follow - Stokemodels. He's been answering my noob questions very patiently.

The Scale Model Thread-smartselect_20230914_093622_chrome.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-smartselect_20230914_093525_chrome.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-smartselect_20230914_093455_chrome.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-smartselect_20230914_093417_chrome.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-smartselect_20230914_093339_chrome.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 5624810)

From my limited knowledge about 3D printing, it can sure do wonders but post processing is a time consuming task and requires plethoric patience, doesn't come cheap either. Would surely give it try sometime though.

Have this Kinsmart Subaru that originally came with a nice big wing. This will probably be the first thing I'd like to 3D print for.

The Scale Model Thread-x1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 5624951)
Adding some snapshots from the instagramer I follow - Stokemodels.

Stellar work! Will definitely give this page a follow.

I've been trying to find affordable classics in 1:43 scale to feature in the O gauge cityscape I'm building using Citybuilder cardboard kits.

I found one that was double the price I wanted to pay, but it was the cheapest one around.

So here's a quick test shot of a Jaguar XK140 from 1956.

1956 Jaguar XK140 (1/43) by Nishit Dave, on Flickr

Edit: forgot to add that this is some unknown Chinese make (of course) model, but it seems to be licensed officially going by the legend on the reverse of the blister pack. The blister pack came stapled on, which means this one is probably the car that was removed for sample pictures.

Its always a fun to be able to collect all the variations of these cute little castings.

Presenting the Hot Wheels '17 Jeep Wrangler designed by Phil Riehlman.

This model was released by the HW in 2018 and till date, there are 7 variations to this. Enjoy :thumbs up

The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-4.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-5.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-6.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-7.jpg

Finally added the Castrol T1 and the Eibach Kool Kombi to my most treasured collection of VW T1 Panel Buses and VW Kool Kombis. I should stop spending money on Hot Wheels

I've had and lost a huge collection of rare hotwheels since my childhood days. It took me a long time to start finding scale models and it looks like its the worst time to be collecting scale models due to import duties affecting final prices. So weird how a Kinsmart Mitsubishi Evo somebody got for 400 Rupees in 2016 on Amazon is now selling at 2500 Rs now.

So for now I'm sticking to superbikes since decent budget Bburago and Maisto cars are upwards of 6000 rupees which is insane. Bikes aren't faring any better as Maisto has been dropping quality levels to keep up with inflation. :sadface

I bought Evemodel O gauge figurines from Amazon US and asked a relative to bring them to India.

They really bring my dioramas to life. These are just trial photos. I'll do a proper set up with all my 1/43 scale cars, roads, and the building that I'm trying to finish.

I managed to pull down the few of the toys from the loft and while cleaning realized that the batteries have started to puke. Anyways they hardly served any purpose as I do not remember playing with these. Presenting the KUV from Mahindra

I wonder why have Mahindra stopped selling the models? I was so much eager to lay my hands upon the new Thar model, but they just stopped :Frustrati

The Scale Model Thread-kuv.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majumdarda (Post 5629972)
I wonder why have Mahindra stopped selling the models? I was so much eager to lay my hands upon the new Thar model, but they just stopped :Frustrati

It's because these models , or for that matter even Tata's scale models, were manufactured in China. For an Indian company to get caught importing Chinese stuff after the Indo-China standoff would not be seen charitably.

It's another matter that China is the scale model factory of the world. Every type of quality - bad to excellent scale models of aircraft, tanks, cars, ships, figurines are made in China and as of now , there is no other country that has such a large scale scale model manufacturing industry and they are masters of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanchan95 (Post 5630074)
It's because these models , or for that matter even Tata's scale models, were manufactured in China. For an Indian company to get caught importing Chinese stuff after the Indo-China standoff would not be seen charitably.

I don't think that is true because all OEM and especially TATA and Mahindra for not just ICE but also their EV vehicles heavily rely on Chinese suppliers.

Just got myself this 1:76 Rover SD1 Vitesse 3500 in moonraker blue. This is the closest thing one can get to a Standard 2000 scale model:

One from my side for now. I'm getting a few rare and some very rare models shortly. Will be sharing them here. :thumbs up

The Scale Model Thread-20230925_165216.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by davelok (Post 5629711)
I bought Evemodel O gauge figurines from Amazon US and asked a relative to bring them to India.

They really bring my dioramas to life. These are just trial photos. I'll do a proper set up with all my 1/43 scale cars, roads, and the building that I'm trying to finish.

Can you please tell me - From where you bought these dioramas? They look great.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 5631941)
Can you please tell me - From where you bought these dioramas? They look great.clap:

Thanks, these are Citybuilder cardboard diorama kits made and sold by Sam Toys. They're available online on Amazon / Flipkart. They're in O gauge / 7mm / 1:43 scale, so if you have vehicles in 1:43 they'll go greatly along together.

You can also look up Papermau and download free paper diorama PDFs in various scales. Here's a garage setup in 1:32 scale. [edit: this particular diorama is by Carrera4Fun]