Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-904.html)

The latest addition my my 1:18 Ferraris. Got this 296 GTB Assetto Fiorano. A nice change from the usual Reds.

The Scale Model Thread-img_1471.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1472.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1477.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1479.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1482.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1483.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_1484.jpg

Received a moment ago by post from eBay all the way from Poland. 1:43 Minichamps Porsche 904 GTS. Blue. 1964. Gorgeous little car. Had to pay a fat duty because our customs guys are arbitrary devils.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5641585)
Received a moment ago by post from eBay all the way from Poland. 1:43 Minichamps Porsche 904 GTS. Blue. 1964. Gorgeous little car. Had to pay a fat duty because our customs guys are arbitrary devils.

Thats a beautiful car Shankar. Yes i agree about the duty. I paid quite an amount on the Senna car but for the 296 it was much lesser.

While the customs kill us with duty, at the same time I guess we know that best stuff in terms of scale models is on Ebay.

I have now literally started browsing listings like one watches the stock market. I put cars in my watch list and end up getting offers. Heck I even message sellers with my offers. :)

Added this lovely Ferrari F40 LM which debuted in the 1995 Le Mans. There were three F40s that participated in the Le Mans that year - two GTEs and one LM under the French Pilot Aldo’s racing team and Ferrari Club Italia. The F40 LM car finished 12th overall the best of the three Ferrari F40s participating in the event. Though it wasn’t a very successful car in the race, F40 is and will be my favourite Ferrari of all times (I know this might be a controversial statement for few) and just loved the blue Pilot livery.. Happy collecting to you all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 5538366)
I like the Black & White fellow in the corner. :D

If there is one person who’d share the same joy as me on this acquisition, I know who it is.

Presenting the facelifted version of the previous gen Range Rover Sport, the L494 in 1:32 scale. Not the greatest but sure beats not having it.

The Scale Model Thread-img_8288.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8289.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8290.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8291.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8292.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8293.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8294.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 5642872)

Presenting the facelifted version of the previous gen Range Rover Sport, the L494 in 1:32 scale. Not the greatest but sure beats not having it.

Thanks Bud. You are right.. it beats not having any. This one seems decent. Is it by Tayumo?

I'm still looking for a Resin Model of a L494 facelift. I may soon give up actually. I haven't looked up 3D Models for 3D Printing. To be honest, 3D printing a whole car in 1:24 scale is a lot of work and needs too much time which I don't have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 5642879)
Thanks Bud. You are right.. it beats not having any. This one seems decent. Is it by Tayumo?

This is some unnamed brand on Aliexpress. I bought this because it is the only facelift L494 I could find in all my searching, other than the one you shared from JLR ofcourse.

I plan to give this the black wheel treatment, making it close enough to my friend’s RR Sport that enticed me to the Sport.

More from eBay. Frightful Customs Duty.
But these are truly lovely little Brumm 1:43 Porsche Scale Models. They were ‘pre/owned’ and used a bit and hence have the patina of age, a couple of small missing bits like one wiper on the 356 all of which makes them all the more ‘authentic/ original’
1. 1952 Porsche R121 356 Coupe. Silver.
2. 1956 Porsche R196 550/1500 RS Coupe Le Mans. Silver.
Am nuts about these little cars.

One more little ‘2 inch’ Porsche 550 from eBay arrived by post. Age Patina and some small issues like headlamp off and stuck rear wheels but heck, the car is pretty.
Its a tiny toy/ scale model of what is showcased in the Porsche Museum.

Loved the new additions @shankar. Looks like you and me both are on an Ebay buying spree. But truth is you get the best of cars out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 5643778)
Loved the new additions @shankar. Looks like you and me both are on an Ebay buying spree. But truth is you get the best of cars out there.

Dippy, Shankar- Excellent new additions!
If you do not mind sharing, what is the average duty that you guys are paying on the eBay purchases? Just wondering if it is a sensible choice for models that aren't available here. Or if I should just wait out as always and pick up when travelling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RohanDheman (Post 5644349)
Dippy, Shankar- Excellent new additions!
If you do not mind sharing, what is the average duty that you guys are paying on the eBay purchases? Just wondering if it is a sensible choice for models that aren't available here. Or if I should just wait out as always and pick up when travelling.

Rohan,

The 296 GTB came via normal International post so the duty was around 1700/- that I paid

The Senna F1 car came by DHL and I end paying more. It was in the ball park of 4.5k.

I didnt ask for DHL. The seller just it using that carrier. But yes normal post duty is less than these international carriers.

Expecting one more car in the next couple of days. Will update on that too.

But saying again. Ebay has fabulous cars for us serious collectors

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 5640900)
The latest addition my my 1:18 Ferraris. Got this 296 GTB Assetto Fiorano. A nice change from the usual Reds.

Attachment 2515588

Exquisite! Who are the makers of this? Any possibility of knowing where/how can I get my hands on a red 296 GTB?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HartBandit (Post 5644453)
Exquisite! Who are the makers of this? Any possibility of knowing where/how can I get my hands on a red 296 GTB?

This is by Maisto.

You can find them on Ebay. I initially thought of getting a red one but found this Assetto Fiorano to be more beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 5642879)
Is it by Tayumo?

I looked up the Tayumo model and this one looks to be a copy of that, tail lamps being the most obvious difference. Anyway, not complaining.

Black wheels treatment done and I quite like the look. The gangsta appeal of a blacked out RR is a different level.

The Scale Model Thread-img_8342.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8325_jpg.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8317.jpeg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8324.jpeg