Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Aadhar Card in B'lore?

Do they provide a CC size aadhar card in B'lore?

I got to know the same is provided in Mumbai, if you quote your aadhar number. The card is easy to carry in your wallet. I had got a long sheet of a paper card from aadhar authorities when i got enrolled. Never knew you can get CC sized card for aadhar.
Old 18th May 2016, 12:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number

I just wanted to update this thread with my aadhar experience.

I did not have an aadhar till now and decided to get one done due to the convenience of e-kyc and submission of ITR. So, on Friday, 13th I went and enrolled and got the things done. Got an Enrollment ID as well. I did check the status everyday, even during weekends. On Tuesday 17th, it gave a status as in progress. On Wednesday, 18th, I got the e-aadhar. A total of just 5 days. Super impressed. So, if anyone is still wanting to get an aadhar done, now seems to be a good time.
Old 18th May 2016, 12:59   #18
BHPian

Does anyone know where to get enrolled for Aadhar in Bangalore, particularly in or around Koramangala?

I have been looking around for the past year, even visited the Bangalore One center, all to no avail.
Old 18th May 2016, 13:23   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Do they provide a CC size aadhar card in B'lore?

I got to know the same is provided in Mumbai, if you quote your aadhar number. The card is easy to carry in your wallet. I had got a long sheet of a paper card from aadhar authorities when i got enrolled.
The card (long sheet) that you received has a dotted line where you can tear it off, is that what makes it CC size then ? Or are they issuing another smaller sized card itself ? Wondering why they would do that, wouldn't it lead to more counterfeit/fake ones ?
Old 18th May 2016, 15:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The card (long sheet) that you received has a dotted line where you can tear it off, is that what makes it CC size then ? Or are they issuing another smaller sized card itself ? Wondering why they would do that, wouldn't it lead to more counterfeit/fake ones ?
If you go to a e-center (In kerala it is called Akshaya) , they have these ID card printers which is used to print a copy of the aadhar card on to a plastic bit. It is credit card sized and similar to PAN card. They charge 150 rs for this service. I walked into the akshaya that I went to on 13th and they gave me the plastic card sometime back. It is a 3 minute job depending on queue.

PS: queue is usually less, but since it is summer vacation, lots of parents are getting their aadhar done for their kids. So, if your kid does not have an aadhar, now maybe a good time to apply, as they do not have to take a leave of absence from school.
Old 21st August 2017, 17:55   #21
BHPian

I have updated my mobile no in my aadhaar at the enrolment centre. I checked the status too and downloaded the e-aadhaar (which has the mobile number printed) . But when I try to update or check my bank account linking a msg pops up "mobile number not verified". I verified the mobile no. too on the UIDAI site. But still the problem persists. I sent a mail to helpdesk but no response from them. What should I do ? Anyone else face the same issue? Any pointers ?
Old 14th September 2017, 15:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is there any place in Chennai where I can get my mobile number updated? I had gone to the aadhar enrollment centers near my residence but they asked me to get a token, for which I need to be at the center as early as 6AM, and then wait for my turn! Dont mind paying some fees to a private agency or agent.
Old 14th September 2017, 15:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Is there any place in Chennai where I can get my mobile number updated?
If you still have the old number that is linked to your Aadhar in use, you do not have to go to the Aadhar Centre. It can be done online.

https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update

And in case you do not have the old number, below is the list of the centres in Chennai

https://uidai.gov.in/images/Tier1_Cities_PECs.pdf
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Why are the mobile companies and banks sending numerous messages asking us to link aadhaar?

Isn't there ample time left for the deadline?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/60478187.cms

Getting tired of all the warning messages bordering on harassment saying account will be blocked etc etc
Old 23rd September 2017, 17:03   #25
BHPian

You should link the Aadhaar number with your mobile service provider. If you have taken Jio sim, you would have probably done this. A copy of your Aadhaar card and your fingerprint are the only things required.

When you go there, first you have to tell the staff your phone number. You will get a PIN number on your mobile. Give the above PIN number and your Aadhaar number to the staff and in the final step you will be asked to provide your fingerprint.

There are no charges for this. BSNL customers can do this from any BSNL office at free of cost. Don't know about other companies. I also heard some centres are charging the customers (₹30-₹50). The last date for this linking is 6th February, 2018

Last edited by knightrider_7 : 23rd September 2017 at 17:14.
Old 23rd September 2017, 17:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
You should link the Aadhaar number with your mobile service provider.
I just did this with my service provider Idea today. Do you know if this is linking will reflect in the Aadhaar database too, or is it just on the phone company's side?
Old 23rd September 2017, 18:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
You should link the Aadhaar number with your mobile service provider. If you have taken Jio sim, you would have probably done this. A copy of your Aadhaar card and your fingerprint are the only things required.
The last date for this linking is 6th February, 2018
Got my JioFI with voter id. And when the last date is so far ahead in time, why the persistent reminders is what i want to know.
Old 23rd September 2017, 21:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I just did this with my service provider Idea today. Do you know if this is linking will reflect in the Aadhaar database too, or is it just on the phone company's side?
I believe linking Aadhar to your mobile number with mobile operator is to weed out SIMs with fake address proofs / wrong addresses & has nothing to do with the Aadhar database update - It is a mandate from TRAI to mobile operators.

We still have to go through the UIDAI website OR the Aadhar enrollment center to update the mobile number associated/to be associated with the Aadhar number.
Old 23rd September 2017, 23:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

I went to Adhar website and on the following link I verified my phone number with Adhar Card number.
https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile

My adhar card sent to me also has my phone number.

Do I still need to face the hassle of Adhar-phone number verification at center of telecom firm whose SIM card I am having ?

Airtel first was sending too many Ahdar LInk messages, and now fake messages of 4G SIM that they havent sent me but claim that I have received it and I should activate the same.

How can a firm send me new SIM without Adhar verification ?
Attached Thumbnails
Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number-team-bhp-adhar.png  

Old 26th September 2017, 18:12   #30
PPS
Senior - BHPian

An article which i came across about this subject earlier today.

http://indianexpress.com/article/opi...-4859498/lite/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks