Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 16:25   #1
BHPian

Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number

Hello All,

on 25th July 2015, i went to aadhar center (flat no. 10, Atharva Heights, Pimple Gurav, Pune, Maharashtra) to get my mobile number updated.
they gave me URN (update request no.) slip but this URN doesn't work when i try to get the status on uidai.gov.in website.

i called aadhar customer care 1800 300 1947, but URN didn't work there also.

they also charged me 100 rupees for this mobile number updation. when i asked customer care person, he said this service is free.
this is a total fraud.

customer care person has suggested me to file a police complaint for this fraud.

I feel so stupid that i gave 100 rupees without questioning them and didn't ask for payment receipt.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to use proper capitalization & spacing when posting. Do see THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2015 at 17:55. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 27th July 2015, 17:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Doubts about Aadhar Card URN & updating mobile number

At least you have the Update request no as a piece of evidence that some fictitious "work" was done by the Center, for which they charged Rs 100 and no bill was given.
Old 27th July 2015, 17:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hello All,

on 25th July 2015, i went to aadhar center (flat no. 10, Atharva Heights, Pimple Gurav, Pune, Maharashtra) to get my mobile number updated.
they gave me URN (update request no.) slip but this URN doesn't work when i try to get the status on uidai.gov.in website.

i called aadhar customer care 1800 300 1947, but URN didn't work there also.

they also charged me 100 rupees for this mobile number updation. when i asked customer care person, he said this service is free.
this is a total fraud.

customer care person has suggested me to file a police complaint for this fraud.

I feel so stupid that i gave 100 rupees without questioning them and didn't ask for payment receipt.
Keep proper proof in pdf format and upload here
https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
No need to pay money to anyone. This service is free of charge.
Old 27th July 2015, 18:52   #4
BHPian

Aadhar itself seems utterly useless. When I read the thread title, for a second I assumed this was about a scam in the Aadhar system itself (highly possible).

Thanks for bringing this scam to light. Be happy it was only a 100INR
Old 28th July 2015, 08:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

But Aadhar is compulsory for filing IT returns this year. Why would the govt. make a private individual's ambition to collect biometric data from maximum number of people, a compulsory document. And the comments about Indians Not having a right to privacy. This reeks of Nazism. It is voluntary, but essential if you want to live.
Old 28th July 2015, 09:00   #6
BHPian

If you have an Adhaar Card, updates should be done online, which is quite effective.
The link for the site is https://uidai.gov.in/update-your-aadhaar-data.html.
I changed my address without any fuss, so no need to go to centers. Self attested scanned copies of proofs can be uploaded along with your request and it is done.
Old 28th July 2015, 09:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
But Aadhar is compulsory for filing IT returns
Aadhar is NOT mandatory for filing IT returns.
I concur with the rest of your statement.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2015 at 17:49. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 28th July 2015, 09:31   #8
BHPian

re: Aadhaar Card: Updating mobile number

Unfortunately, in the last 2 years, i was not in India and i changed 4-5 Indian mobile numbers during this period.

I actually forgot to update the mobile number for Aadhar before disposing my mobile number.

As per Aadhar system, if you don't have access to your mobile number which is registered with them, the only option to update it, is by sending a form filled to headquarters address by post or get it done by visiting Aadhar center in local area.

I tried sending the filled form to headquarters but after even 1 month, it was not updated. Then i visited my local area Aadhar center.

Aadhar is not mandatory for IT return, but it is less hassle for people having aadhar card as they don't need to send physically signed hard copy to IT department now. Verification will be done electronically which is linked with your aadhar number.

Here is the link to the news: http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report...kewalk-2078410

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2015 at 17:56. Reason: Post edited. See reason in the 1st post of this thread.
Old 28th July 2015, 09:59   #9
BHPian

^ You don't need Aadhar for e-verification. You can do so with netbanking as well and it is very convenient. I don't have an Aadhar card and I have no intentions of ever getting one. Afterall, "aadhar" is a word for dependency and I don't depend on government handouts. Also not comfortable with giving away my biometrics.
Old 28th July 2015, 16:11   #10
BHPian

There is new info:
It takes around 15 days to get this URN info from aadhar center system to aadhar website as per aadhar center person.
After 15 days, i will be able to track my URN status on uidai.gov.in website.

I am not sure whether number updation will be done at the same time or it will take some more time after 15 days.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2015 at 17:57. Reason: Same as earlier. Please use proper capitalization! Thanks.
Old 28th July 2015, 16:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
There is new info:
It takes around 15 days to get this URN info from aadhar center system to aadhar website as per aadhar center person.
After 15 days, i will be able to track my URN status on uidai.gov.in website.
i am not sure whether number updation will be done at the same time or it will take some more time after 15 days.
In my case, i could track it after ~40 days, but after 3.5 months I got my card. YMMV of course.
Old 28th July 2015, 17:21   #12
BHPian

Re: Aadhar Card Center Fraud

As far as I know, the updating can be done via online. If you have plans to link PAN card to Aadhar card, the name in both places should be the same. Otherwise, it will give an error.
For PAN update please refer: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correction.html
For Aadhaar update please refer: https://resident.uidai.net.in/update-data

For Aadhar update, you just need to attach the soft copy of the proof of the item that is being updated. I had to update my name and I provided my passport copy a few days ago. I am waiting for 15 days to complete to do a follow-up.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2015 at 17:53. Reason: Added a line space.
Old 29th July 2015, 15:44   #13
BHPian

Re: Aadhar Card Center Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
As far as I know, the updating can be done via online.
It is true only if you have your current mobile number with you (which is registered in Aadhar database).
If you don't have access to registered mobile number, you can't update any info online.
In my case, I lost the mobile number which was registered in Aadhar database.
Old 29th December 2015, 14:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

I had a funny experience with Aadhar card today at ICICI Bank, Domlur. I wanted a non-personalised cheque and they asked for a original ID proof, since I had no original DL or PAN card I showed my e-Aadhar card. The reply was superb, since government does not print them it is not acceptable as original ID proof
Old 29th December 2015, 17:41   #15
BHPian

I also need to add my mobile No. to my Aadhar card data & have been advised to visit an Aadhar centre where it will be done FOC; thanks for the info that it will take sometime before it reflects in the database.
Re the utility of having an Aadhar number, here's a link to a talk by Nandan Nilekani where he gives instances of breathtaking changes in store , centred around the Aadhar number.
Getting an Aadhar has benefits even now & they will multiply as the new uses come in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks