Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 21:09   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Does anyone use Netflix on Apple TV. I've subscribed for the US Netflix. Interestingly my computer shows and plays some shows like Blacklist and House of Cards. These don't get listed in the Apple TV. Same story on the android Netflix app as well.

I do and also use unlocator for IP address. Get everything on Apple TV
Old 16th January 2016, 03:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Using netflix via xbox one, Must say i am loving it till now, I am on a 10 mbps unlimited connection and any movie is streamed instantly and the quality shuffles between 720 and 1080p. If you have unlimited connection, Netflix is really worth it.
Old 16th January 2016, 09:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Netflix: Now in India

Not too impressed by Netflix India. Was watching a movie on a 16 Mbps DSL line and then on a 100 Mbps FTTC connection. No difference in quality. Given the limited number of content that's interesting to me I'll probably cancel a few days before the free month is up.
Old 16th February 2016, 16:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I do and also use unlocator for IP address. Get everything on Apple TV
So for a lay man. How does one go about getting this so called unlocator for the ip or dns etc etc. Basically to get US content from netflix to apple tv.
Old 17th February 2016, 13:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
So for a lay man. How does one go about getting this so called unlocator for the ip or dns etc etc. Basically to get US content from netflix to apple tv.
Usually these services have a 1 or 2 week trial period. There are step by step guides in the respective services about how you can configure you devices to get connected. They also offer way to verify that you are actually connected.

Have been using Getflix (which is similar to Unlocator) and the experience has been good.
Old 17th February 2016, 13:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

Please visit www.unlocator.com and they will guide step by step. Kindly note that it is a paid service. I am using this for more than an year and service has been extraordinary!
Old 19th May 2017, 12:07   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone keep getting and error in the middle of a netflix movie/series often that says Netflix is having an issue loading the content.Try again.??

This error has been coming up very often for me over the past month and the internet connection is working perfectly. Hence the problem is from the Netflix server.

If this continues I am going to cancel my account soon.
Old 19th May 2017, 17:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Does anyone keep getting and error in the middle of a netflix movie/series often that says Netflix is having an issue loading the content.Try again.??

This error has been coming up very often for me over the past month and the internet connection is working perfectly. Hence the problem is from the Netflix server.

If this continues I am going to cancel my account soon.

What device are you using to access Netflix. Also does it give you an error code when it states that there is an issue loading content. For example error code- UI-800-3.
Old 21st May 2018, 14:45   #39
BANNED

I am thinking of adding Netflix to me system.

I have a TataSky HD with recording. How does on go about it. Also, I am told that about 1.2GB is what is required per month. How does one go about it. I currently have a Vodafone 4G connection. It has been suggested that one good way is to get a Jio connection.
Old 21st May 2018, 15:49   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am thinking of adding Netflix to me system.

I have a TataSky HD with recording. How does on go about it. Also, I am told that about 1.2GB is what is required per month. How does one go about it. I currently have a Vodafone 4G connection. It has been suggested that one good way is to get a Jio connection.
Netflix App is available on new Smart TVs or even with Android-based setup boxes. Maybe you can check with TataSky, I have one on the Airtel box.

1.2Gb for what? If you want to stream Netflix, broadband will be a better option, Jio can also serve the purpose but you will exhaust your daily limits very fast. Here's the link to data usage on Netflix

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/43701
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:42   #41
BANNED

@Turbanator; I do have broadband (Den) but from the cost point of view, Jio was looking attractive. Thanks for the link. Tells me a lot. Jacking up my Jio to say 20GB a month may be far more expensive. Remember I am in an area where I have a choice of one broadband (though on a Fibre), forgetting the Bhai Saheb Nahin Lagega folk.
Old 22nd July 2018, 10:49   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

After being a very vocal critic of Netflix India, I have to sheepishly admit that their catalogue has greatly improved from the early days. Subscribed due to 'Sacred Games' and was pleasantly surprised to see some good movies. Quickly added about 20 to my watchlist.
Old 14th November 2018, 18:07   #43
BHPian

Hello Netflix fans -

Can you please list your top 5:

A) Ghost movies. e.g. The Conjuring
B) Action & adventure movies e.g. Kill Bill
C) Taut and tense drama movies e.g. The Post
D) Murder Mysteries e.g. The Bone Collector, Seven

Thanks.

PS : They have to be on Netflix of course.

Last edited by Samurai : 14th November 2018 at 19:45. Reason: Taught->Taut
Old 15th November 2018, 16:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Isn't NetFlix an overtly expensive service in India.

I mean why would i pay 600 odd per month to Netflix when i can get a similar content on Amazon Prime for 999 per year and that too with Amazon's prime member benefits.
Old 15th November 2018, 16:51   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Isn't NetFlix an overtly expensive service in India.

I mean why would i pay 600 odd per month to Netflix when i can get a similar content on Amazon Prime for 999 per year and that too with Amazon's prime member benefits.
The range of movies/shows available on Netflix is just staggering. I have both, so I can compare. If Amazon Prime is 1, Netflix is 100 in terms of the number of titles available.

I find Netflix expensive as well - so I agree with you on that one. But, if you have multiple bank accounts (and debit cards), and credit cards, you can squeeze out 5-6 months FREE. That's what I am doing currently.

Btw, Netflix is currently working on lower priced subscriptions for India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks