Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2023, 12:23   #1186
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Estella at Juhu, or maybe Razz Rhino (Can't comment on it playing 90's bollywood music).

Taj Land's End is best for the view and food is good.
Have a great time.
Thanks man! Going for a drive-in movie at BKC followed with dinner at Land’s End.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th March 2023 at 12:35. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 16th August 2023, 15:07   #1187
BHPian

Hello Mumbaikars, Have a query for a friend. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this query. A good buddy of mine is moving to Mumbai for a year. Family is not moving since it will be for a short stint. Where do we get good home cooked food. Hes diabetic, but under control so want to limit eating out. Have heard about the dabbawallas, but haven't tried them yet. Will be residing in Sector 19 Airoli. Any leads will be much appreciated.

Last edited by SuperGirl_Dad : 16th August 2023 at 15:08. Reason: Appended grammar
Old 16th August 2023, 16:06   #1188
Team-BHP Support

Another excellent restaurant eatery shutting down sadly. I got this on WhatsApp from a friend. If you’re a fan of Bastian Worli, you may want to catch the event below this Sunday.

I’ve eaten there a couple of times and have generally had a great experience. Disappointed to see it shutting down. Not sure if this is a reflection of how stiff the F&B competition is these days in the Lower Parel area in particular or perhaps might be other reasons for it to shut down.

On the positive, Delhi based Indian Accent has finally gone live in Mumbai. We had a pre launch meal early last week in Mumbai and I have to say, their tasting menu remains spectacular.

A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai-img_8597.jpeg

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th August 2023 at 16:08.
Old 17th December 2023, 22:16   #1189
BHPian

Bastian has re opened in Kohinoor bldg at Dadar .

Just like to share my favourite places as below.

Pav Vada- Gayatri( original Shivaji) Mithibai Juhu

Pav Bhaji- Red bhaji Maji Sagar - Tardeo
Black Bhaji- Chandubahi( Son of Maruti) - Vile Parle off SV road
Pizza- Cecconi’s at Soho house Juhu, Amadeo at BKC, Mag street cafe at Colaba

Italian food- Motodo BKC, Romano’s at JW Sahar

Korean - Origami BKC/ Powai

Dosa- Ramashraya Matunga. Road side mysore dosa at Manju dosa Khar

Idli- Amba bhavan Matunga, Purnima at Fort(Rasam vada is best here)

Maharshtrian- Prakash Dadar, Saoji in Juhu for Nagupur style

Mediterranean: Mabruk at Sahara Star, Rue Di Liban at Kala Ghoda

Well these few are my first post as I can think of.
Satkaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 20:15   #1190
BHPian

Have recently been doing leisurely cycle rides on Sunday mornings with breakfast thrown in. We cycle for about an hour or a little more at decent speeds, have breakfast at some restaurants (ideally new places that we have never been to) and get back home before 10am. All of this is in the Chowpatty to Bandra area. Wanted to share a few spots that we have visited in the last few months:

1. Breve Cafe (Bandra): hole in the wall kind of cafe at the corner of Chapel Road. Food is great, portions are large, but the place itself seems a little run down. They also took quite a long time to serve, I don't know if that is always the case or because we were early birds. Does not have a washroom, which can be a bummer if you have been roaming for a while.

2. Mag St. Cafe (Lower Parel): open cafe with a nice ambience. Has a good range of breads and eggs. Relatively pricey and has something of a four-star hotel feel. Not for those who want to sit in a corner and have private conversations.

3. Cafe Noir (Lower Parel): small, relatively pricey outlet. Personally felt it was just average, nothing different or intriguing about the dishes.

4. Trofima (Dadar): This is a standard restaurant in the heart of Maharashtrian district in Dadar. Food is very reliable, prices are relatively reasonable, and the ambience is typical Mumbai casual dining. I am not sure if it's open for breakfast on all days or only weekends.

5. Plate & Pint (Warden Road): Discovered this place recently. Really enjoyed the breakfast we had here. Some of the dishes are mindblowing - last time we ordered waffles and quinoa poha and both were spectacular. Very courteous and accommodatig staff. Loved it.

Not mentioning the regular Udipi places here as they are all well known and, quite frankly, mostly undistinguishable from each other.

If anyone has breakfast suggestions in the Chowpatty to Bandra belt that we can evaluate, please share.

Last edited by reverse_gear : 29th February 2024 at 20:18.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks