Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 18:41   #1
DRC
BHPian

I Just heard that there has been a serious accident in Airport road near HAL gate.
A Volvo city bus lost control and ran over the pedestrians. Two killed and about 15 injured.
Mob has set fire to a couple of busses. and there has been a law and order situation in the area. My company sent a heads up mail on the issue and asked to defer taking that route for couple of hours.

I could see smoke bellowing from that place from office terrace.

Please share any info you may have ( Bangy boys)

Therefor the traffic situation also seems to be bad on this road..

Last edited by adya33 : 18th October 2006 at 01:22.
Old 17th October 2006, 18:51   #2
BHPian

Yes, the road from Domlur to Marathalli is blocked...traffic is being diverted to CV Raman Nagar.
I suggest people to leave office late and wait till things calm down....
There is traffic jam everywhere...
Old 17th October 2006, 19:09   #3
Joz
BHPian

People going to the airport could take Jeevan Bhima nagar main road and take the small lane to the right (one which goes to the bus stand there). The road will take you up to airport road near Kemp Fort. Guees you will have to walk from there to the airport!!
Old 17th October 2006, 20:41   #4
BHPian

Rash Driving???

As reported in MSN.com, the bus was trying to overtake from the wrong side.

Another needless loss of life by rash driving and utter disregard for traffic rules.

Will our roads ever improve......

http://content.msn.co.in/News/Nation...71006_1742.htm
Old 17th October 2006, 20:45   #5
Team-BHP Support

Those who're coming from MG Road side to Indiranagar, take old Madras Road for 100ft Road. It's pretty clean there.
Old 17th October 2006, 20:53   #6
Team-BHP Support

The mob has torched the volvo bus a few bikes and a police jeep. seems the volvo bus's brakes failed and he piled into an auto and then into the bystanders at the bus stand.

Does anyone know where exactly this happened? on the news it looked like the junction connection airport road to cv raman nagar.

Also the toll has risen to 4 according to some reports and 24 injured.
Old 17th October 2006, 22:44   #7
kph
BHPian

Our people’s reaction towards mishap or an unpleasant situation is quite strange. There are reports from some eye witness that the driver did his best to avoid the worst. Same time some commended that the reason is drivers’ rash driving. Anyways the way people handled the situation was pathetic. The so called brilliant HAL employees set the bus on fire, didn’t allow the fire force/ police to put it down. It’s pathetic to see people struggling to deal with the feelings that arise in difficult situations and getting overwhelmed by them.

Mod Edit: Please do not use text formatting tags.
Old 17th October 2006, 22:59   #8
Team-BHP Support

that junction is dicey during the hal peak hours, very unfortunate accident

question that comes to mind is the volvo fleets are relatively new and very surprising if its a brake failure, hope bmtc guys do a thorough enquiry and hope they were sticking to prescribed mainatanence schedules
Old 17th October 2006, 23:17   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph
Anyways the way people handled the situation was pathetic. The so called brilliant HAL employees set the bus on fire, didn’t allow the fire force/ police to put it down. It’s pathetic to see people struggling to deal with the feelings that arise in difficult situations and getting overwhelmed by them.
We all (from Bangalore) know what happens in a situation like this. We've seen this before and we're going to see it again...Nothing new in this case...But...I'm not willing to see a start workshop on this subject.
Old 17th October 2006, 23:28   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
But...I'm not willing to see a start workshop on this subject.
sir ji.. was it referred to my thoughts on why it happened?? feel free to edit/delete post coz i cant see none of these options
Old 17th October 2006, 23:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have not seen any of the BMTC Volvo bus drivers drive rash, in fact most of them don't even have a scratch on them.
If this was a White and Blue BTS, there was nothing new or surprising, they drive to kill people, I have witnessed 2 cold blodded murders by BMTC drivers, so would not be surprised if they would have killeed some 20 instead of 2.
Old 17th October 2006, 23:35   #12
Team-BHP Support

good point blue raven, actually the buses seem to be driven quite safe while being fast and yeah no scratches that i have also noticed, usually see them at airport road and i heard volvo gives some training to drivers as part of seeling package
Old 18th October 2006, 01:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Volvo supposedly trains every single driver who drives their buses. The bus purchase package includes training for atleast 1 driver per bus.
Old 18th October 2006, 07:09   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
sir ji.. was it referred to my thoughts on why it happened?? feel free to edit/delete post coz i cant see none of these options
Not referred to yours but post of kph. Nothing to get frustrated about this bro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316
I have not seen any of the BMTC Volvo bus drivers drive rash, in fact most of them don't even have a scratch on them.
I've seen BMTC Volvo with scratches and I'm not trying to prove anything here. In Bangalore small dents/scratches are inevitable...

Incidentally, that was a BMTC bus from ITPL to Majestic.
Old 18th October 2006, 09:35   #15
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
We all (from Bangalore) know what happens in a situation like this. We've seen this before and we're going to see it again...Nothing new in this case...But...I'm not willing to see a start workshop on this subject.
You are right; this definitely is not a matter to start a workshop. But may be... I said, may be... if any one of those, sees this message or get to know through one of us that his actions are idiotic.. I’m happy.
See, I'm one who was a part of a rescue work around 10 years ago in my home town. Two buses collided head to head and 7 killed in the accident. Myself with around 10 of my college mates were traveling behind one of the busses. We were the first on the scene. Within next 2 hrs we could move the dead and injured to the hospital with the help of some locals. After all this, our vehicle was full of blood, had to wash it before continuing our trip. And point to be noted: Two of the survivors whom we took to the hospital were the drivers of the ill fated busses. I can imagine what happens to the driver if he has the same situation here in Bangalore.
Nobody thought that the closing ceremony should be a fire work there though the situation very much indicated the fact that the culprit was the driver. I can clearly imagine what our feelings were at that time. All of us felt like we were doing the greatest thing on the earth. I still remember some of us were in tears after all this got settled. Our group was mentioned in the next day’s newspaper as angels on the scene- something made us proud. Today there will definitely a mention about the mob that did yesterdays firework, I hope, they too will be proud to see that.. What else can be done….

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks