Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 20:48   #31
BHPian

The decision to hang Saddam was a foregone conclusion when he was caught surprisingly though,he was not killed in 'encounter' like his sons.Perhaps Uncle Sam [not our Sam]wanted to send a 'message' to other leaders.

I asked my FIL[US citizen] that how come Bush was able to win 2nd term when whole world was against him and why americans were so unaware of hatred against Bush.He replied that he has been able to influence americans and instill fear psychosis in them that they under risk from few countries.

But the most unfortunate part [being an Indian] is the mild reaction from India.Now what was stoping our leadership here to say something louder?They have always tried to please their US masters but i dont know why they do it inspite of US not doing anyhting to dispel Indian fears to terrorism and its supporting country.and now they have delayed the much-hyped nuke deal.This should have been an eye-opener for us to learn that we not yet on their 'favourites' list,a list to which countries ruled by dictators like Pakistan,Saudi Arabia belongs.

Iraq under saddam has been the only muslim country which never suported/funded terrorists activities,indirectly or directly ,yet it was destroyed and its soil painted with the blood of its citizens.infact Iraq has never supported many resolutions put forwared by Paki and some other countries to Arab world's forums against India on Kashmir and related issue.Still we ditched him when he needed our support,the morel support only.

Just today i read in a newspaper that someone asked Bush that 60000 people have died in Iraq so far,to which he contradicted and said the count is ONLY 30000.........so far

Thanks to US constitution,he cant make it to presidancy 3rd time.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 7th November 2006 at 20:57.
Old 9th November 2006, 09:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
In this case, the sentence has conveniently come when GWB and the GOP are trailing the Democrats in the run-up to the mid-term elections. I dont think the significance of the timing is lost on anyone. Yet again it proves that GWB will do ANYTHING to keep winning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
Probably the democrats won't win another election again in the future.
Looks like we are proved wrong and democracy did triumph - the Democrats have done pretty good at the elections.

Most probably we might see the 1st woman President of the U.S. soon. That is, unless these guys don't rig it again and install kid brother Jeb in the hot seat.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th November 2006 at 09:52.
Old 9th November 2006, 10:48   #33
BHPian

even after the timing of death sentence so perfectly co-ordinated with the elections, GWB got his bum kicked in the elections & donald rumsfeld resigned, the second responsible person of instigating the WAR ON IRAQ

BTW cant UN or any world court intervene in this sham trial. also US invaded iraq without the support from UN, so what status does UN has in today's world???

this seems to be another big sham.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 9th November 2006 at 10:52.
Old 9th November 2006, 11:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
BTW cant UN or any world court intervene in this sham trial. also US invaded iraq without the support from UN, so what status does UN has in today's world?
The UN's status today ? Zilch. It just looks on from the sides and has lost any trust that it had few years ago. The UN gets the lion's share of its funding from the US and that supposedly gives the US the right to ignore the UN. It is time to disband the UN which does not have any power to control member nations.
Old 9th November 2006, 23:15   #35
BHPian

George Bush might have ordered US troops to track down saddam and now the decision to execute him....i think its fair because, Sadam had killed his S.I.L + lot of villagers and you kow all the crap......murdered iraqis to a major extend are supporters of saddam right...
Old 9th November 2006, 23:26   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
George Bush might have ordered US troops to track down saddam and now the decision to execute him....i think its fair because, Sadam had killed his S.I.L + lot of villagers and you kow all the crap......murdered iraqis to a major extend are supporters of saddam right...
Hey, If thats the case .. why hasnt the US ever executed any of the dictators from the African continent who probably have killed, looted and raped more than Saddam ever did .. !! It may be fair that hes been sent to the gallows but the reason has been clearly stated by all that Bush has/had no frigging rights to do it and thats why the support for Saddam from all quarters .

And this time round the gimmick of sentencing him just before the mid term elections didnt see the public voting in his favor which quiet evidently was what he was hoping for ....

Cheers
Old 10th November 2006, 01:23   #37
BHPian

@ck : what i do in my home is my issue, as long as i dont trouble anybody.

iraq never supported terrorism, which pakistan does,
iraq never funded terrorists, which pakistan does,
iraq never harboured terrorists, which pakistan does,
iraq never had WMD, which pakistan has (terrorists),

please understand, i am not saying he was right but whats happening is wrong, watch my words here.

& by the way there are lots more in india who after killing their knowns & unknowns are not only roaming free but making our fool in the name of democracy. so the simplest plan is to eliminate the bigger threat to humanity first & then proceed ahead. just my thoughts.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 10th November 2006 at 01:26.
Old 30th December 2006, 14:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

Update!

All the NEWS channels are airing "Saddam Hussein Executed". I don't think its true.
Old 30th December 2006, 14:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
All the NEWS channels are airing "Saddam Hussein Executed". I don't think its true.
For the sake of Millions of Iraqi's & American's let's hope this is not true.
Old 30th December 2006, 14:58   #40
BHPian

it is true, i saw it on BBC in the morning that he was executed at 6.oo am Iraqi time today.

they did it before ID to avoid repurcussions. nobody would be interested to rebel in time of celebrations.

infact they are going to record the execution.

Mansi

Last edited by manaa45 : 30th December 2006 at 15:00. Reason: added more content
Old 30th December 2006, 15:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the scene in Kerala . Am sitting at my work place(Walayar) sipping some tea at 1:30 AM I get a phone call from one of my friend about CPIM Curfew at 3:00 , there after we had a leisurely chat , later on I went for my lunch and came back by around 2:00 heard its from Advocate that its going to be an intense one so I decided to start off for my Place ?
And guess what 79 KMs of Tarmac , Reached in 1 hour exact ...no High way police no flying squad and guess what the road was more like playing roadrash , I mean everyone had a black flag flying in their front , but any way it was one helluva ride , Thank you Bush for making this happen !
Old 30th December 2006, 15:10   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I am afraid it is all too true.

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
Old 30th December 2006, 15:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

What I meant is...do you really think they have executed "Saddam Hussein". They shot a video and all, but it all seems sooo unrealistic. US has done it before, for all you know there MAY be a possibility that he is locked up someplace for some reason.

If its true, then its good that its over. But it shouldn't be a beginning of a huge riot.

Last edited by Gordon : 30th December 2006 at 15:32.
Old 30th December 2006, 15:33   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad news. I have thoughts in my head right now that would probably cause me to be branded a terrorist by the Great Evil States.
Old 30th December 2006, 15:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I meant is...do you really think they have executed "Saddam Hussein". They shot a video and all, but it all seems sooo unrealistic. US has done it before, for all you know there MAY be a possibility that he is locked up someplace for some reason.

even i think there is more to it then meets the eye as in the videos he looks so calm and composed that one thinks wether he is getting hanged or going out for a cup of coffee.!!!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 30th December 2006 at 15:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks