Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2006, 17:24   #16
BHPian

a wonderful reading i found on TOI, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/A...how/453194.cms

every word in this article seems true, very rare with press though
Old 15th November 2006, 18:32   #17
BHPian

latest news Mutual compromises needed on Arunachal: China.

The Chinese envoy said "If you want to know that (about dispute) you can compare maps of the two countries. There are differences. So that is why we call it disputed area and (that) needs some discussions."

He said there should be "some give and take" on the issue and that it was for negotiators of the two countries to ascertain where to make compromises.

actually a wonderful way to negotiate. from tomorrow we start showing full pakistan, china or even US in our maps & ask them to "settle the matter amicably" with "some give and take"
Old 15th November 2006, 18:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

@naveen, that was a good article.

IMO, we have been too diplomatic for long. It is time we flexed our muscles and rightly so since this is clearly a tresspass on our land.

Imagine, even puny Bangladesh (whose birth as a nation, we midwifed) has been acting truant with us.

@rks, agreed that might is right. And most probably China is militarily stronger than us. But does that mean that we have to agree to all the bullsh** they pile upon us ? With countries like China/Pakistan, it will only make them bolder and make them plan the next aggression.
Old 15th November 2006, 19:19   #19
BHPian

thoughout our history we have used our tongues as our best weapon hardly realizing in this world its the biceps & triceps that rule. tongues are for the week.

making statements like "we are gathering international support", "we gave a stern warning", "we condemn such cowardly acts" etc. only emphasise the our b@ll$ are made of cotton rather than steel & keep shoving us cause this is the max we will ever do to u. after all we are "gandhians" believing in doin nothing

Last edited by naveendhyani : 15th November 2006 at 19:22.
Old 15th November 2006, 19:23   #20
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Just last year China infiltrated Bhutan

In 1950, the Chinese Army entered Chamdo in Tibet, crushing the small resistance from the ill-equipped Tibetan army. In 1951, the Chinese military forced a 17-Point Agreement on representatives of the Dalai Lama. Peking (called Beijing today) affirmed Chinese sovereignty over Tibet with a joint administration under representatives of the central government and the Tibetan government.

Then barely last year, on 13th November 2005, Chinese soldiers crossed into Bhutan under the pretext (not permission) that heavy snowfall had forced their retreat south from the Himalayas.

The Bhutanese government allowed this incursion (after the fact) on humanitarian grounds.

Soon after, the Chinese began building roads and bridges within Bhutanese territory.

Bhutanese Foreign Minister Khandu Wangchuk took up the matter with China after the issue was raised in Bhutanese parliament.

In response, the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said that the border remains in dispute (completely ignoring the original official pretext for the incursion) and that the two sides continue to work for a peaceful and cordial resolution of the dispute.

India still handles some foreign affairs for Bhutan. Neither the Bhutanese nor Indian governments have reported any progress regarding this matter (peaceful, cordial or otherwise). The Chinese continue to this day building infrastructure and increasing their military garrison within Bhutan.

According to Indian intelligence, a Chinese delegation in Bhutan told the Bhutanese that they were "overreacting." The Bhutanese newspaper Kuensel has said that China might use the roads to further Chinese claims along the border.

Source: Wikipedia for Bhutan and for Tibet

Last edited by Ram : 15th November 2006 at 19:34.
Old 15th November 2006, 19:30   #21
BHPian

According to me you don't have take China's statements seriously. This is not to threaten or intimidate; but to remind that they have not gone back on their stand. Consider it same as dogs and some other animals marking their territory by peeing (where ever possible)to leave their scent behind by.
Old 15th November 2006, 19:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
making statements like "we are gathering international support", "we gave a stern warning", "we condemn such cowardly acts" etc. only emphasise the our b@ll$ are made of cotton rather than steel & keep shoving us cause this is the max we will ever do to u. after all we are "gandhians" believing in doin nothing
This is so true!... what have we done to deserve such spineless leaders??
and now, i wonder what those china lovers...i mean the 'left parties' have to say??
Old 15th November 2006, 19:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

@sivadas, I did enjoy your likening them to canines, but the problem is that this dog not only barks/pees, but can also bite when the need arises. So gotta be careful in keeping them from peeing on Indian territory.
Old 15th November 2006, 19:35   #24
BANNED

Quote:
He said there should be "some give and take" on the issue and that it was for negotiators of the two countries to ascertain where to make compromises
Hey , I think this job should be granted to elf .. elf , what do u say ??? Soon we will have China mainland with us and Bihar will be new China !!

Cheers
Old 15th November 2006, 19:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

And Hu Jintao would be sprawled drunk on the bonnet of the Lancer, ready to agree to any of Elf's demands.
Old 15th November 2006, 21:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how the people of Aurunachal feel about this.

Lets face it, the central government and the people from the rest of India have failed miserably when it comes to integrating the NE into the mainstream Indian culture. They are viewed and treated like foriegners within the same country.
Old 15th November 2006, 21:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a wonderful reading i found on TOI, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/A...how/453194.cms

every word in this article seems true, very rare with press though
It is indeed a very good article naveen!
Old 15th November 2006, 21:42   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower

Lets face it, the central government and the people from the rest of India have failed miserably when it comes to integrating the NE into the mainstream Indian culture. They are viewed and treated like foriegners within the same country.
Exactly.
This point everybody forgets. Nationalism is good, but does anybody care to ask the residents of that place what do they want? Unless India becomes a "truly democratic" country where all are equal and every region gets the same treatment on center, we will have problems. External factors can come only if the home is week from inside.
Old 15th November 2006, 21:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

I suggest India claim Papua New Guinea in retaliation. That will make the chinkies really scared.

Somebody claim Bihar, PLEASE!
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
From what I read, they prefer to be Indians and don't want to have anything to do with the Chinese.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks