Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:12   #16
BHPian

Hahahaha, well someone tried peeling my LTD sticker as well. What I did is put a LCLC sticker on my bumper and the LTD sticker above it. Let someone peel off the LTD they will be greeted with a LCLC 😀
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Someone stole my Team-BHP sticker!

Its not just the Teambhp stickers guys, my daughter bought a pack of Kinderjoy that had some beautiful butterfly stickers that came free with it. She loved it so much and had stuck it on boot of my car. When I had parked the car somewhere out when we went for shopping, somebody had peeled it off.

Disgusting, to say the least. These sort of people do exist! I was glad that my car was safe and no further damage was done
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:59   #18
BHPian

I think it has been discussed earlier as well. I just thought I would reiterate here. Stickers that can be stuck on inside of the widescreen/quarter glass may prevent such.
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Not something shocking I would say. Someone took away the 'PDI done' sticker from my Zen's rear quarter glass some 14 years ago! So, much possible 15 years later.

I hoped somebody will take away the ASC's sticker too, but finally had to use my 'elbow grease' only.
Old 23rd January 2018, 16:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[Happened to me too. I'd gone out on a road-trip in June - July, at the end of which I realised that my car is missing the GTO's BHP? sticker . I know it was there at the start of the trip as I'd clicked a snap of the car on the highway.
In India, anything goes (literally!!).
I suggest that we go for TAMPER-PROOF stickers. They may be twice as expensive but then quality comes at cost and the satisfaction that the thief got nothing more than transparent sheet.
Yes the remaining print may become dirty and will be a task to clean/remove.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards-Sonu
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Two ideas to avoid this

1) Badges instead of stickers (like TDI, ABS etc similar ones in Chrome)
2) Stickers which can be stuck from inside of rear windshield.

Slightly expense, but who would not be willing to pay for these.
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Two ideas to avoid this.
Slightly expense, but who would not be willing to pay for these.
But then these people do not hesitate to pull out logos, forget about badges - in fact they may use screwdriver to pull badges out, thereby damaging paint of your car.

Most modern cars have defoggers - inside sticker may end up damaging defogger lines.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by Aditya : 24th January 2018 at 11:42. Reason: Please refrain from typing in upper case at length.
Old 23rd January 2018, 18:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am not at all surprised by these thefts for we ourselves are responsible for it! The world at large was happy sporting imitation LIVE TO DRIVE stickers on bumpers. Instead of patting our backs saying Imitation is the best form of flattery, we wrote posts after posts decrying the practice. Some of us even wanted to restrict the sale of stickers to members alone. We became adept at spotting the fake ones and made a regular habit of it.

What would an average Joe on the street endowed with a fair share of deviousness do to avoid the embarrassment of owning a duplicate sticker? If he couldn't (or didn't want to) possibly purchase the entire set from our store and therefore not sport one on his steed, the next best alternative is to ensure no one else does it. Hence the disappearing stickers .

On a serious note, these disappearances can be better termed as soft vandalism rather than thefts. I doubt if the stickers once removed can be neatly stuck to any other surface.

Quote:
I realised that my car is missing the GTO's BHP?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Your thief might just be a tbhp fan who knows the significance of "GTO's BHP?"
That would be a logophile frustrated at the ignorance of a man who designed the sticker beautifully but forgot to proofread it resulting in the letters being jumbled up .

Last edited by dailydriver : 23rd January 2018 at 18:24.
Old 23rd January 2018, 18:46   #24
BHPian

There should be some way to apply the stickers on the inner side of windshield, especially for the ' Live to Drive' and ' Got BHP? ' stickers as these are very attractive and catchy. (Also, good souvenirs for the thieves)
Old 23rd January 2018, 19:31   #25

Even I have seen team-bhp duplicate stickers available in the market..
Old 23rd January 2018, 20:30   #26
BHPian

In India, all kind of vandalism is prevalent and sometimes justified also. No wonder, TBHP stickers are target too.
Old 24th January 2018, 00:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Probably some frustrated bloke whose membership was not approved
Old 24th January 2018, 01:15   #28
BHPian

I’m not trying to be a sadist here, but it really soothes my nerves to know that a lot of you have been through the same.

P.S - I haven’t been able to drop in as many smileys as I would’ve liked due to the constraints of the forum, so please take all my replies with a laugh.

Quote:
In India, anything goes (literally!!).
Unfortunately, that’s very true.
I’ve had the muffler cutter & hubcaps stolen off my Nissan Sunny from an underground parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Over a silly parking issue they took out one of the stickers and broke my ORVM, Delhi for you!
Anything can happen in New Delhi.
I’ve come back from shopping in Amar Colony to find both the ORVMs missing from my Ford EcoSport while it was parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Infact once I had caught hold of one trying to remove the URL sticker. His father's justification- it's just a sticker, he didn't scratch your car right?
Please ask his father if he’s okay with you removing his car’s engine as long as you don’t scratch the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I live in a small town where not even 0.1% of the population might be aware of team bhp and I hope this is the reason people are not interested in stealing sticker from my car since 7+ years.
I live 133.1 KM away from you in an equally unaware town, but I still can’t understand why something like this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Your thief might just be a tbhp fan who knows the significance of "GTO's BHP?"
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
Same thing happened to me. One day I saw that T-BHP sticker on my car is removed and puzzled who did that. Then I started to look around and found that all types of stickers including tyre pressure ones from bike and scooters were removed by kids in my apartment
That’s one of the major reasons why I hate kids within one foot of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
I have also been through the same, but the worse part actually is that even the sticker also gets damaged.
I myself was trying to reposition the sticker on my Vitara Brezza after a couple of days of application, and I stretched the corner a little while trying to take it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A guy whom I know is persisting me with Team-BHP stickers and I am in denial mode, just because I hope it isn't misued.
Please get him a whole set, or else you might end up with missing stickers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can understand if it was GOT BHP, but GTO's BHP...hope there isn't 2 of them lurking around
I heard GTO’s rewarding anyone who spots the second set on someone else’s bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Seeing Taxi guys with LTD stickers was wondering where they get it from. Now we know
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Stickers that can be stuck on inside of the widescreen/quarter glass may prevent such.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I hoped somebody will take away the ASC's sticker too, but finally had to use my 'elbow grease' only.
I dreaded & hoped for the same when ASL Motors returned my DiCOR with a complimentary sticker job even after mentioning the same to the SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
BUT THEN THESE PEOPLE DO NOT HESITATE TO PULL OUT LOGOS, FORGET ABOUT BADGES - IN FACT THEY MAY USE SCREWDRIVER TO PULL BADGES OUT, THEREBY DAMAGING PAINT OF YOUR CAR.

MOST MODERN CARS HAVE DEFOGGERS - INSIDE STICKER MAY END UP DAMAGING DEFOGGER LINES
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
What would an average Joe on the street endowed with a fair share of deviousness do to avoid the embarrassment of owning a duplicate sticker? If he couldn't (or didn't want to) possibly purchase the entire set from our store and therefore not sport one on his steed, the next best alternative is to ensure no one else does it. Hence the disappearing stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Probably some frustrated bloke whose membership was not approved
If that were the case, it’d be the person who stole GTO’s sticker, not mine.

Last edited by AShubrah : 24th January 2018 at 01:30.
Old 24th January 2018, 02:33   #29
Team-BHP Support

So many cases of team bhp stickers being stolen! Due to the high quality of the stickers, it is very easy to peel them off without damaging them and paste elsewhere.
Old 24th January 2018, 10:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
So many cases of team bhp stickers being stolen! Due to the high quality of the stickers, it is very easy to peel them off without damaging them and paste elsewhere.

So true and I second that.
Could be one of the reasons people are confident on having them taken off.
My assumption is they might be using it to make copies and probably selling them off at local market (Hence why we could be seeing LTD stickers with various proportions & colors on Taxis / Autos ..etc)

I once had to take off the LTD sticker off my rear bumper as I had to get it painted for scratches and the whole bumper was to be painted (the sticker was intact though). I could see the painter guy easily take it off without damaging the paint nor the sticker - just because I guess the gum quality is fantastic and leaves no marks on the car. This could easily pasted elsewhere as the gum still had life on it.
The sticker now remains on the walls of the Paint Shop while I have replaced it with a brand new one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks