Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 17:15   #1
BHPian

Someone stole my Team-BHP sticker!

I know this might sound weird, but I just realised that someone stole the TEAM-BHP.COM sticker off my Innova Crysta.

I vividly remember seeing the sticker on the boot when my grandparents & I were going out to shop yesterday evening.
Upon questioning, our driver said that he was standing next to the car the entire time it was parked on the parking lot in front of the shopping complex, apart from a couple of minutes when he went to get himself a cup of tea, and I suppose that is when the theft took place.
I’m okay with losing a sticker, as it can be replaced with another one from the sticker set, but I just can’t make peace with the fact that someone mindlessly put their hands on my car & messed with it without thinking twice that he/she was vandalising someone else’s private property.
All my vehicles sport Team-BHP stickers, but nothing this like has never happened to me before.
Has anyone on the forum ever experienced something of this sort yet?

P.S - Now we know that people are not only stealing badges & monograms off cars, but also Team-BHP stickers.
Attached Thumbnails
Someone stole my Team-BHP sticker!-4a9e6fc18d554776a5e7766bc6866d4e.jpeg  

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:59. Reason: spacing
Old 22nd January 2018, 23:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Someone stole my Team-BHP sticker!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Shifting Gears Section. Thanks for sharing!

Happened to me too. I'd gone out on a road-trip in June - July, at the end of which I realised that my car is missing the GTO's BHP? sticker . I know it was there at the start of the trip as I'd clicked a snap of the car on the highway.

In India, anything goes (literally!!).

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2018 at 23:25.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 23:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

A similar case happened with a friend of mine who was using a couple of Team-BHP stickers on her Alto. She went to attend a function in Ajmer where there was no dedicated parking, and was thus forced to park on the street side. A couple of hours later, she came back to find one of the stickers missing, while the other one too was scratched on the edges.
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:23   #4
BHPian

On a lighter note,
maybe the thieves acknowledge the sticker as something of repute, which can earn them value. The buyer/installer would like to show off his admiration of cars by installing the sticker. :P
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Has anyone on the forum ever experienced something of this sort yet?
Yes, someone stole my LTD sticker while being parked in a mall for 2 hours. I realised it after couple of days . That was funny and interesting at the same time. People can steal stickers as well. Wow.

Last edited by adi_gt : 23rd January 2018 at 08:13.
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:19   #6
BHPian

Happened with me once too.
Over a silly parking issue they took out one of the stickers and broke my ORVM, Delhi for you!
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:35   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Happened to me too. I'd gone out on a road-trip in June - July, at the end of which I realised that my car is missing the GTO's BHP? sticker . I know it was there at the start of the trip as I'd clicked a snap of the car on the highway.

ROFL. These thieves who stole your sticker are no different from the ones who stole the SBI passbook Printing machine.

I find it stupid when people try to do this sort of nonsense. The LTD on my car is torn from the top left corner thanks to kids in my society. Infact once I had caught hold of one trying to remove the URL sticker. His father's justification- it's just a sticker, he didn't scratch your car right? Where are we going with this god knows.
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:37   #8
BHPian

If you consider that people mindlessly scratch the paint, run a key or write something, stealing the sticker would seem normal. I live in a small town where not even 0.1% of the population might be aware of team bhp and I hope this is the reason people are not interested in stealing sticker from my car since 7+ years.
Old 23rd January 2018, 09:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Shifting Gears Section. Thanks for sharing!

Your thief might just be a tbhp fan who knows the significance of "GTO's BHP?"
Old 23rd January 2018, 09:59   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
ROFL. These thieves who stole your sticker are no different from the ones who stole the SBI passbook Printing machine.

I find it stupid when people try to do this sort of nonsense. The LTD on my car is torn from the top left corner thanks to kids in my society. Infact once I had caught hold of one trying to remove the URL sticker. His father's justification- it's just a sticker, he didn't scratch your car right? Where are we going with this god knows.
Same thing happened to me. One day I saw that T-BHP sticker on my car is removed and puzzled who did that. Then I started to look around and found that all types of stickers including tyre pressure ones from bike and scooters were removed by kids in my apartment
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I live in a small town where not even 0.1% of the population might be aware of team bhp
True that. I am from Anand - Gujarat. It is comparatively a small town. People always ask me about my LTD stickers. I explain to them what is Team-Bhp and then guide them to buy a sticker's set from team-bhp.com.

For kids, a neatly applied sticker is a challenge. They work hard to peel off one of the corners and then they remove the entire sticker. Once, our society's CCTV caught an adventurous kid, who took the challenge to remove the sticker and successfully completed it. Unfortunately, it was an LTD sticker on my car. I am not worried about thieves but surely worried about these kids.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:59. Reason: typo
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:10   #12
BANNED

I have also been through the same, but the worse part actually is that even the sticker also gets damaged. When I had to change the faded LTD from one of my cars, I discovered that the adhesive is quite strong and it's really hard to remove the sticker without getting it damaged or getting 'signs of stretching' on it.

So, even if someone stole a sticker, that was in its place from quite sometime, the person is actually getting an imperfect sticker and damaging the beauty of the car too from which he/she steals. Additionally, the stickers which have been at their place for some time; they leave a rectangular mark too of adhesive - and that's also not very easy to remove.
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

We should actually be proud of it - our stickers are considered valuable! God knows, the stolen ones will end up in the black market
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:29   #14
Team-BHP Support

Mighty funny if you ask me. A guy whom I know is persisting me with Team-BHP stickers and I am in denial mode, just because I hope it isn't misued. I myself use the URL's, they appear best to me.
Quote:
Happened to me too. I'd gone out on a road-trip in June - July, at the end of which I realised that my car is missing the GTO's BHP? sticker
Can understand if it was GOT BHP, but GTO's BHP...hope there isn't 2 of them lurking around

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd January 2018 at 10:31.
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Seeing Taxi guys with LTD stickers was wondering where they get it from. Now we know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks