Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2018, 11:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Someone stole my Team-BHP sticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Seeing Taxi guys with LTD stickers was wondering where they get it from. Now we know
Now, now. I think this is unfair to tarnish the image of all taxi guys. Please don't generalize. I personally know of couple of cab operators who are big fans of Team-bhp and have stickered their cars - all with original stickers bought and paid for!

Having said that, thiefs could be anybody - and there are rotten apples in all groups.
Old 24th January 2018, 13:10   #32
BHPian

In 2007, The next day I bought my TVS Apache 150, someone stole the TVS "Horse" logo from the handlebar of my then priced possession. That was not even replaceable. ☹️
Old 24th January 2018, 15:13   #33
BHPian

I've had my LTD sticker stolen (by some kids probably)while parked near the food street in Wilson garden,Bangalore. Replaced it with a 'I drive safe' sticker. Nobody wants it now.

Its interesting how the universe compensates, because some kids actually added a 3D cartoon sticker to my car a few months back.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 15:49   #34
BHPian

I see so many of the fake TBhP stickers on cabs and even autos. The problem is that the fake stickers from afar look like genuine stickers. Just a thought, but maybe there should be some verification that the buyer is an actual TBHP member before even selling the sticker to that person.
Old 24th January 2018, 16:13   #35
BHPian

Team bhp stickers are everywhere, from auto rickshaws to even buses and heck most of them are fakes made by local sticker shops, most of them fade in sun and are easy to spot.
I think i would now prefer some way to have it sold only to genuine members with some coding or their user name.
Old 24th January 2018, 19:24   #36
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
I think i would now prefer some way to have it sold only to genuine members with some coding or their user name.
Any fan of teambhp can buy the stickers and install, be it member or not. If some hologram kind of thing is introduced, people would buy from official source only.
Old 25th January 2018, 09:04   #37
BHPian

Here's my story:

I have a silver XUV adorned with TeamBHP LivetoDrive yellow sticker & other TeamBHP stickers. Another guy in office bought a Silver XUV and goes ahead and mirrors the stickers on his car. Sticker placement and positioning ditto!

I also had a HOG i.e. Harley Owner's Group sticker on the XUV. Some wise guy peeled off both HOG and TeamBHP stickers while we were out on an official party. I have a very good guess who did it but since this was in a public parking lot don't have proof and no cameras around.

So now my XUV is back to stock look! & the other XUV is all decked up in TeamBHP livery.
Old 25th January 2018, 10:53   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of years ago, while the car was parked in a residential locality, someone had tried to remove the LTD sticker from rear bumper.
I wasn't away for too long and when I returned, I saw that the left edge of the sticker was off and had crumpled a bit due to the struggle (to remove it). Definitely, someone was in a hurry and did not succeed. I came home, peeled a portion off slowly, cut the damaged portion of the sticker. Worked like a charm and hasn't come off since then, it has only the LTD portion of the sticker though

Last edited by NPV : 25th January 2018 at 10:55.
Old 25th January 2018, 14:22   #39

On a lighter Note, the thieves find more value in the sticker than the car . Then again, I find it surprising that non members can also buy the stickers from team bhp online store. I think the link to the store should be accessible only to members. I also spotted a “Born to Drive” sticker that was very much designed like the LTD sticker with same colour scheme and font. So yeah, we’re inviting trouble with these stickers.

Last edited by ampere : 1st March 2018 at 09:13. Reason: Formatted post. Removed external emoticons
Old 29th January 2018, 10:34   #40
BHPian

These are the same people who get joy out of keying in someone's shiny car parked unattended. The intention might not be targetting a Tbhp sticker, but just left to anything that looks nice on the car. In a positive manner, he had left the Crysta and the engine config badges unscathed.
Old 29th January 2018, 13:38   #41
BHPian

In our country to have easy accessible cheap fakes for utterly popular products only.
Looking at the brighter side these people knows the value and pride of being a TBHP member. Poor souls might not have gone through vetting process prior joining.
However to retain exclusivity of Tbhp members i feel that stickers/merchandise of TBHP shall be limited to only members of Tbhp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks