Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who are you in the Traffic?
Conformist 215 84.31%
Maverick 31 12.16%
Desperado 9 3.53%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 14:23   #46
BHPian

Confirmist around 90% of the times.

Exceptions are during late-nights at some signals that keep on working (red-green as opposed to orange-blinking) even if there is no traffic.
Old 5th January 2007, 15:00   #47
BHPian

Conformist 80% of the time... Don't stop for the post 10 o clock signals..
Old 5th January 2007, 16:11   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
for some reason india is the only place where traffic signals are off at night.

generally they are on 24X7 and are adhered too.
i beg to disagree here. During my growing days when in Dubai, the traffic signals used to be switched off past midnight. Only the yellow light blinks, and people used to watch n proceed. Dont know if its different now, considering how much Dubai has changed over the years.

Another 'Almost conformist' here.
Old 5th January 2007, 21:19   #49

I remember the other day i was going to Garuda Mall for shopping with my family. I was stranded in the traffic between the Langford town and Richmond Town and i could see all the Bikes and Ricks even some cars and Sumos overtaking me and driving in the lane reserved for the oncoming traffic. Getting nearer the signal i found lots of traffic cops present and signalling this people to go to the correct lane instead of catching them, Meaning cut right through my way. Don't know wht this cops were thinking.
Old 5th January 2007, 22:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykul View Post
I remember the other day i was going to Garuda Mall for shopping with my family. I was stranded in the traffic between the Langford town and Richmond Town and i could see all the Bikes and Ricks even some cars and Sumos overtaking me and driving in the lane reserved for the oncoming traffic. Getting nearer the signal i found lots of traffic cops present and signalling this people to go to the correct lane instead of catching them, Meaning cut right through my way. Don't know wht this cops were thinking.
Its obvious that if the cops start challaning them it will lead to a big traffic jam and time consuming thing. Mind you it also requires patience to challan in the middle of the traffic. I dont think so some thing would be done against those stupid drivers untill the cameras are used by the traffic police and provided they are 'maintained' and 'used'.
kkr2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2007, 21:03   #51

kkr2k2, you are absolutely right, The road is so narrow out there that even if the cops do want to issue challan then there might be a bigger Jam. Hope that cameras do come up in near future and book the people not following the rules, till then all of the 'Conformist' have to suffer. vbmenu_register("postmenu_349089", true);
Old 6th January 2007, 23:02   #52
BHPian

in US too

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
i beg to disagree here. During my growing days when in Dubai, the traffic signals used to be switched off past midnight. Only the yellow light blinks, and people used to watch n proceed. Dont know if its different now, considering how much Dubai has changed over the years.

Another 'Almost conformist' here.
I remember seeing some lights off late at nights in Ca, USA too. In fact based on the level of attention required from drivers when it does not function in usual ways, its a blinking red or blinking orange. A blinking red meaning extra care while crossing, more like stop sign: stop and go. Blinking orange is like slow down, look for cross traffic and proceed if it is safe.
Old 8th January 2007, 16:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
I remember seeing some lights off late at nights in Ca, USA too. In fact based on the level of attention required from drivers when it does not function in usual ways, its a blinking red or blinking orange. A blinking red meaning extra care while crossing, more like stop sign: stop and go. Blinking orange is like slow down, look for cross traffic and proceed if it is safe.
hi sreenivas, this is observed in Hyderabad, India too. The junctions which are known for heavy traffic have red light blinking and the rest of the junctions its orange light blinking.
Old 2nd February 2007, 18:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

99% Conformist, 1% cushion for emergencies, and not the running late variety!

Regular Mavericks and Desperados always get a tasts of their own medicine sometime or the other...so I dont get too bothered about them (but not before a round of expletives)
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Six Sigma Conformist :-)
Old 5th February 2007, 22:01   #56
BHPian

Maverick...

I strongly believe that rules are meant for our own good, and there's no point following them, when your judgment can decide better. Following a traffic signal at 7 AM in the morning, and when the road is clear, is just pointless, and is a waste of time/fuel.
Old 8th February 2007, 18:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

Been a conformist all my life

A hardcore conformsit here !
Old 13th February 2007, 22:39   #58
BHPian

90% confirmist. I only break the rules for speed. Consciously trying to correct this aspect but finding it difficult.
Old 14th February 2007, 01:15   #59
BHPian

I am a Conformist but if noone from behind is stopping at the red light than therz no point in stopping..you got to move with the flow
Old 14th February 2007, 08:06   #60

I am almost a conformist and my Dad sometimes gets mad at me for being that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks