Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is your preferred device to browse Team-BHP?
Desktop/Laptop 302 63.85%
iPad/touchscreen tablet with an onscreen-keyboard 17 3.59%
Mobile web browser/TBHP app 125 26.43%
Don’t know/Can’t say/Depends on the situation or activity 29 6.13%
Voters: 473. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2018, 10:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Which is your preferred device for using Team-BHP?

I tried using the mobile browser for posting but somehow its not as seamless as the PC. This despite me using the mobile for literally everything else.

Maybe a better app will solve this?
Old 30th October 2018, 11:55   #17
BHPian

Desktop/laptop anytime for posts, replies and comments. I book marked tbhp in chrome so that I get instant access regardless of whether it's my work laptop or personal desktop as chrome syncs bookmarks. I do a fair amount of reading in my android phone as it is what is instantly available. I almost never use my tablet for accessing tbhp. Voted for dektop as that's what I prefer and use the most.
Old 30th October 2018, 12:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Desktop/laptop for writing lengthy updates + uploading pics etc.
Mobile browser for quick replies and notification checks.
Old 30th October 2018, 12:35   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting to see "Desktop" leading in the poll. But that's not surprising as members / posters are voting. In terms of overall traffic to Team-BHP (including guests), mobile leads with a dominating 68% (desktop is 28%).

Again, for writing / creating content, computers are best. Smartphones are good only for content consumption.

When I'm on Team-BHP, even 1 desktop screen isn't enough . I need two, especially during the making of an Official Review:
Which is your preferred device for using Team-BHP?-20181030-12.31.16.jpg
Old 30th October 2018, 15:01   #20
BHPian

I access only through my laptop/desktop 99% of the time. Switch to mobile only while travelling or something's trending and I can't resist the urge to check later.
Nothing beats the experience of a large screen and also I've gotten used to browsing on PC for so many years.
  • Google Chrome
  • Classic BHP Silver skin
  • 150% Zoom
..and F11 (fullscreen) for reviews and travelogues.
Old 30th October 2018, 15:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Uninstalled app long time back. Nothing can beat the experience of browsing Team-BHP on the desktop/laptop.

PS - I'm still more inclined towards laptop/desktop irrespective of the progress that has been made in mobile/tablet technologies.
Old 30th October 2018, 17:37   #22
BHPian

Voted for Desktop. Replying, adding pictures is most convenient on big screen and keyboard. I use mobile only for reading.

Can we have also a poll on the preferred place to use TBHP (Office, home etc). I am guessing more than 80% in favor of office
Old 30th October 2018, 17:46   #23
BHPian

One of the reasons I’m reluctant to use the official iOS app is that its not updated for the iPhone X and its successors. I know that doesn’t mean the app itself is broken, but one’d expect developers who are serious about their apps to invest more into keeping it updated, to match with changing screen ratios and UI motifs. In its current state, the app feels rather aged and bereft of aesthetics, and doesn’t reflect the enormous amount of activity on Team-BHP.

As I said previously, my first choice is still the iPad, but I must admit that I am using a Bluetooth keyboard to type out this reply on my iPad. One can’t deny the benefit of a full-sized hardware keyboard for elaborate text inputs.
Old 30th October 2018, 18:14   #24
BHPian

I use the mobile browser when I'm out and am just reading through the new topics or posts. But if I need to contribute something to the forum, I plug in from my laptop.

I guess this has more to do with the fact that I'm conscious of those unexpected typos that creep in inadvertently while typing from the mobile screen. I just don't want to end up submitting a post full of typos and SMS lingos since that is another thing that makes into the text when I use the phone.
Old 30th October 2018, 19:07   #25
BHPian

I use my phone since I read these when I get a few minutes of time. There are times when I use my laptop, but that's far and between.
Old 30th October 2018, 20:12   #26
BHPian

Desktop 95% of time and rest on mobile web. App is totally crap. I seriously feel this forum has ample room for some professional UX consulting to improve on usability and colour scheme. I know this is hosted on a CMS server, yet way too many things to improve on.
Old 30th October 2018, 20:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

99% on mobile - be it Browsing, content creation or replies to posts. Laptop is used only for editing pics, and if I can do that on the mobile I would avoid the laptop for that too.
Old 31st October 2018, 23:34   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I too desktop always ! Nothing beats a desktop. Updates on your post and for viewing other matter of interest on smaller devices are OK. But when it comes to postings and serious viewings, its the desktop.
Old 31st October 2018, 23:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

While I browse the feed on the app during breaks at work or when on the move, my preferred option is the desktop. Actually, the PMs never worked for me on the app and I am forced to the desktop mode.
Old 1st November 2018, 00:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

I've often used both, but desktop is better as I can plan stops on Google maps on the second screen.

The reason both platforms are comfortable is because the mobile skin & interface has a resemblance to the desktop website - this makes me feel at home on both devices/platforms.

don't consider changing this! There's nothing broken, there's nothing significant to fix!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks