Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2007, 14:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

There is a programme on Zee english or some such channel by the name of "world's best bikini destinations." I wonder why that show and channel didn't face any ban. Forget whats in the show, just the name should be enough for our government to ban it!

And what about that Gandhi spoof video made by some NRI. Two news channels were asked to apologise for airing it! As if they made the video. Ironically the NRI who made it didn't apologise for it! I believe the government threatened a ban on youtube too.
Old 18th January 2007, 15:01   #17
BANNED

Forget Democracy in this country.. its just an eyewash..
HEIL HITLER anyone??
Or maybe.. HEIL LENIN??
Old 18th January 2007, 17:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
The government got into their moral policing act by banning AXN for two months till March 15 for airing “Worlds sexiest advertisements”...................,
Did anyone check if AXN is really banned or not?I have done that many time today and AXN is up and running without any problem.
Acc. to amit,ban is for 2 months till 15th march.So ban should have been effective from 15th jan.
Old 18th January 2007, 17:58   #19
Team-BHP Support

Sony says its taken AXN off the air, this is as per newspaper reports.
Old 18th January 2007, 18:25   #20
BHPian

Baah....First no STAR SPORTS and now no AXN...

There go highlights rallies Mexico and Sweden (if not more)...

What else do I say...Here's for the monkeys out there...
Old 18th January 2007, 19:18   #21
BHPian

i really dont understand whats up with the indian goverment the allow semi nude music videos but dont allow good stuff goin to miss wrc on axn hope its aired on a another channel.
Old 18th January 2007, 21:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

In Pune we didnt even have Star Movies and HBO for a few months,for similar reasons. And now no AXN.
Old 18th January 2007, 22:13   #23
BHPian

Weired!!!! I really cant beleive what u guys r talking about.I just hope some of u have not started thinking about 1st april.

I have checked AXN channels many times today and its there.Now i can also see both HBO and star movies though start movies were not there for the last 2-3 month courtesy our local cable wala.

Now states cant ban any channel,it has to be our central I&B ministry which can do it.
Have anyone bothered to check it on their TV sets or just believed some news reports?
Old 19th January 2007, 09:15   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Now states cant ban any channel,it has to be our central I&B ministry which can do it.
Hahahahahahhah..
Thats the funniest thing I read this morning....
Dear RSJAURR.... this is India my friend where the powers that be can do basically whatever they feel like in the name of "MORALITY"(or lack thereof.)
BUTTTT(see small one!!)
Do you have some kind of DTH system?
They don't stop the beaming of the channel per se but they take away the cable operator's decoder.
Old 19th January 2007, 10:11   #25
BHPian

hey AXN seems to be working just fine!!! been watching it almost everyday.
Old 19th January 2007, 10:31   #26
BHPian

Huh??

Hey Guys I Stay In Mumbai, and AXN is Working Fine, See is Almost everyday, INfact on my Side STAR MOVIES is OFF air .....GAWWWDDDDD.........
Old 19th January 2007, 11:20   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose View Post
Hahahahahahhah..
Thats the funniest thing I read this morning....
Dear RSJAURR.... this is India my friend where the powers that be can do basically whatever they feel like in the name of "MORALITY"(or lack thereof.)
BUTTTT(see small one!!)
Do you have some kind of DTH system?
They don't stop the beaming of the channel per se but they take away the cable operator's decoder.
I cant believe it!!If someone is not aware of laws of this country i cant help it but just laugh at the ignorance of fellow t-bhpian.It is the Information and broadcasting ministry (I&B) which regulates broadcast related things.

yeah i agree that anyone can block any channel...even local cable wala can do it by not paying his fee to broadcaster.
Almost always one or two channels are missing coz of nonpayment of fee.In my case 1st star movies was off and now ndtv is gone after star movies has come back.next AXN may go and ndtv can make come back courtsy our local cable operator.

I believe this thread has become a joke in itself as AXN has not been banned so far and we have seen >25 posts in a day.Once again some of us have proved how good we are at one thing and that is....BASHING.....without really knowing the real facts.How have we forgotten the Shilpa shetty's case??

I make humble request to mods that they do confirm if its really banned or not before tempers flare up here and they [mods] have to delete some posts.

meantime u guys keep filling up valuable t-bhp server space with nonsense and let me enjoy my 3rd most favourite channel (after NG & Discovery)
Old 19th January 2007, 11:32   #28
BANNED

Speaking about IGNORANCE...
Mr rsjaurr.. check who started this thread...
Cheers.
Old 19th January 2007, 11:47   #29
aZa
Senior - BHPian

This really suCKs, tatasky has taken AXN offair :(
Old 19th January 2007, 12:38   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
I make humble request to mods that they do confirm if its really banned or not before tempers flare up here and they [mods] have to delete some posts.
Please click on this Linky: AXN Banned : TOI Report dated Jan 18 2007

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks