Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:18   #16
BHPian

Ramie, Gud Job by your friend, next time it happens with you or your friend please land one Punch from my side too. Never happened with me though, but if it does, am all set for a super knock out. Rocky - Bruce lee - Style.

Out of the Topic: The funny ad that we see on MTV which says DHARTI KE LAAL. eeeeewwwww but funny.
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Happened to me once. Someone, albeit accidentally, spat on my car. I got out and made sure he wiped it off himself in full public view. Don't think he'll spit without looking again.
Never went through this but on similar lines one guy wrote his name on a dust filled rear glass of my car. I stopped the guy and asked him to wipe the car in presence of his friends.
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:45   #18
Team-BHP Support

Ramie, ur friend did the right thing in giving the guy a proper spanking.
He would defintely not repeat the same.

I almost fell victim to such an occurence on my way to work while at Marathalli (Bangalore). I was stuck in a traffic jam (so, whats new??!!) on my bike and there was a school bus belonging to "Ryan International School" beside me. There were some kids probably 3-4 th graders who decided to have some fun in the midst of all this chaos imitating Di Caprio n Kate Winslet from Titanic, by spitting out on innocent passer-bys. I sensed the looming danger, and did not move till i had space on my side, and then squeezed my bike in between an Indica cab. The guy who probably had been seeing this tamasha allowed me to pass thorugh, among the rarest of rarest times when a cabbie has actually allowed one to get in front of him. Was contemplating on whether to go n give those kids a pice of my mind, but then decided against it. Spoilt lill brats n bratties..
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Guys i think everyone on our TBHP is against this kind of nuisance, this is the thing which we see everyday when we are out on roads feels like this has become a part of our life,but believe me its making us sick.its high-time now some solution has to be made to stop this.Each individual has to take the initiative in keeping our cities clean and treating it as our home.

Well for the knockout we did to the guy we still feel very uncomfortable about the issue.
Old 2nd February 2007, 13:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

I simply second your friends action ramie.These morons deserve such treatment when they do sucha thing.
Old 2nd February 2007, 13:43   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

In all fairness, I don't think violence is the answer.

I agree completely with making the perp clean it with his hands off your car. But then there are issues.
Like for example when a 6 ft 4 inch so called yeti asks the guy to clean his car, there's a good chance it will happen.

However imagine Stuart McLittle getting mad and yelling at a big guy for spitting. He may not succeed in making the guy clean his car.

What's my point here? I don't know really.
Old 2nd February 2007, 13:56   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I agree completely with making the perp clean it with his hands off your car. But then there are issues.
Like for example when a 6 ft 4 inch so called yeti asks the guy to clean his car, there's a good chance it will happen.

However imagine Stuart McLittle getting mad and yelling at a big guy for spitting. He may not succeed in making the guy clean his car.

What's my point here? I don't know really.
Putting it differently, Sam all ur trying trying to say is "Size does matter...."
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for approaching us with an open mind. Reading both of your posts, we have come to the conclusion that you are suffering from a mid life crisis where in you are not sure which way to jump. we will help you make that decision after you send us a cheque for Rs. 150,000/- which includes Sales Tax, Service Tax, Excise Duty, Customs Duty, Income Tax, Road Tax, Vat, Cenvat, Modvat & believe it or not full comprehensive Insurance for what we are about to do to you.

p.s. we are a non profitable organisation working for the wellness of men. thanks.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 2nd February 2007 at 14:01.
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:04   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Nobody's spit over/on me yet. If that changes, the spitter's saliva glands will cease to exist. Along with some other organs.
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Nobody's spit over/on me yet. If that changes, the spitter's saliva glands will cease to exist. Along with some other organs.
Wonder what would be the outcome if ever some bird droppings happen to fall on you mag .
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:40   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Reading both of your posts, we have come to the conclusion that you are suffering from a mid life crisis where in you are not sure which way to jump. we will help you make that decision after you send us a cheque for Rs. 150,000/-
I just discovered why people spit.
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:51   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Wonder what would be the outcome if ever some bird droppings happen to fall on you mag .

The spots will look very artistic I'm sure
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I just discovered why people spit.
So, should i slap you or smile & let you go?
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:58   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
So, should i slap you or smile & let you go?
I think you should overturn my auto rickshaw.

And now let's not take this further and hijack a deeply meaningful and thought provoking thread.
Old 2nd February 2007, 16:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

I don't think what Ramie's friend did was wrong, if you're going to spit it is YOUR responsibility to see where you do it & make sure it doesn't fall on any person/vehicle. It is best not to spit but sometimes you can't help it (like when you have a severe cold) but if you're a pan/guthka/chewing gum etc. eater then the person should be very careful since you will spit it on a regular basis.

Basic problem occurs due to lack of manners & common sense in our society & that is why people don't bother seeing where or on what they are spitting. I agree what Sam did was a bit extreme but that can happen at his age then & all the pent-up rage that young people have.

But my question & I've always had this dilemma is what happens after a rainy day if you're driving in town in heavy traffic with pedestrians nearby & your car's wheel goes into a puddle & creates a splash of the muddy water onto the pedestrians. This despite the fact that you're crawling & honking to make them aware of your presence. What do you do then? Do you apologise or just drive away?

I've tried my best to avoid this but despite that it has happened a few time & has always left me feeling a bit bad about it even though I tried my best to avoid it. What do you guys do in a situation like this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks