You Tube Music 55 13.48%
Google Music 14 3.43%
Some other 95 23.28%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 17:30   #76
BHPian

Re: Which music streaming platform do you prefer?

I used many music streaming platforms like Wynk, Saavn. But, my favourite is Amazon prime music, which I'm using it since past 1 year along with Wynk. But, what I didn't like in Wynk is too much of irritating ads, which forced me to move to Amazon Prime music.

Even now, I use Wynk music too for streaming old songs.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd April 2021 at 08:20. Reason: Please put a space after a punctuation mark. Thanks.
Old 11th April 2021, 11:52   #77
BHPian

My Apple Music collection is 5-6 years old and is huge. I am not extremely thrilled with Apple but am enjoying Spotify. I am thinking about migrating over to Spoifty completely. There appears to be a few apps such as Tune my music, Stamp, Songshift, Soundiiz which transfer data from one music service to another. They all appear to cost $8-10 USD or so which is fine. Just wanted to ask if anyone has gone through this process. Is it as straightforward as it seems. And, which migration app would you recommend. Thanks in advance!
Old 1st May 2021, 22:39   #78
snr
BHPian

I use Spotify premium. I really like the UI on this compared to others.
Old 27th June 2021, 17:35   #79
BHPian

Apple Music has started offering lossless music and Hi-Resolution lossless to existing and new subscribers from June this year. Has this service started in India? I do not see options yet for lossless settings in my Music app. The iOS version is 14.6 as required.
Old 29th June 2021, 20:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Apple Music has started offering lossless music and Hi-Resolution lossless to existing and new subscribers from June this year. Has this service started in India? I do not see options yet for lossless settings in my Music app. The iOS version is 14.6 as required.
It's sporadic. Some have it, and some don't. I don't have access to it.. though with a VPN at times I have seen the "lossless" stamp.
Forgot to add.. It's certainly not available officially.

Last edited by Shanmd : 29th June 2021 at 20:11.
Shanmd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 11:43   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
It's here now! My phone speakers are sounding better already
Attached Thumbnails
Which music streaming platform do you prefer?-image2.png  

Which music streaming platform do you prefer?-image1.png  

Which music streaming platform do you prefer?-image0.png  

karan86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:25   #82
BHPian

Now that lossless music is available in India on Apple Music, I have a question for the experts here. What's the best possible way to feed the same quality into the car HU? Will a portable, lightning to 3.5mm DAC do the job? But in that case, I won't be able to use Carplay. On the other hand, will the standard lightning to USB connection deliver the lossless audio to the system? From what I've read, since Apple ditched the 3.5mm jack, there's no DAC inside the phone anymore.
Old 20th July 2021, 13:00   #83
One
BHPian

I will leave the audiophile aspects out as that goes into a different discussion.

I prefer YT Music for multiple reasons:
1. Their catalog (including Indian) has more stuff than Apple or Indian services like Wynk, Saavn.
2. The algorithms to discover music have significantly improved, this helps in song discovery really well. Difficult to say if it is superior to Spotify (which also i use for discovery) but it is not inferior.
3. By taking YouTube Premium, get access not just to music but video benefits as well (playing a talk on the background without YouTube shutting down).
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 13:30   #84
BHPian

Amazon Music for me. Since it comes bundled with the Prime membership, it's a boon. The music library is decent enough. Occasionally also use Jio Saavn. Gaana used to be quite good earlier, but now it's become a hotbed for annoying ads.
Old 20th July 2021, 15:28   #85
BHPian

Youtube premium with Youtube Music!
The main reason for shifting from gaana premium was its laggy interface & limited choice of songs.

Youtube Music on the other hand is light weight and offers huge collection of songs in addition to the ad-free youtube video experience. ₹129 a month is certainly not a bad deal IMHO since the ad situation on Youtube is so bad nowadays.
Old 8th April 2022, 12:08   #86
BHPian

Guys, anyone else using Resso? I find their Daily Mix to be really good, the UI lovely and overall experience excellent, no wonder they are from the TikTok backing.

Any other experiences, other apps, anyone?
Old 8th April 2022, 20:15   #87
BHPian

I have been on Apple Music for a couple of years now. For me the convenience that Airplay provides is paramount. It sounding great in my setup is a bonus.

MaSh
Old 8th April 2022, 23:38   #88
BHPian

Youtube music is preferred choice for my household, with a very small fee one can listen to almost every song ever, works great with google mini, android tv and ad free youtube browsing is included in premium.
Ashutosh_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Spent Rs 399/ - on a JioSaavn subscription and it seems to be a waste. Search takes long and songs don't play most of the time ( Cannot playback song at this time - try later ).

This is on an iphone. I have other music apps like amazon music and spotify and I don't see any issues with them. Anyone else faced this issue ?
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:21   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

In all honesty, I have been quite late joining the music streaming scene. Which for a nerdy techie like me was a bit of a surprise, even to me.

But I have hundreds, if not thousands of CDs and as many downloaded iTune songs too. Yes, all my cars have cassette/CD/radio and I have added iPod capability as well. Yes, I still have three iPods as well!

But for some reason or the other we have not had a decent music system in our home. A few months ago, after consultation with my eldest son Luc, I bought some Sonos speakers and got myself a Spotify subscription.
Life hasn’t been the same!

I am really impressed with both the Sonos speaker system and also Spotify. I can also stream all my favourite Radio station through my Sonos speakers.

The Spotify logic picks up on your preferences and generates play lists. I often listen to these. They tend to be very very good selection and I have found a number of new artists I like I had never heard before.

I can stream my Spotify subscription through my my mobile phone, which I can hook up to my car radios.

All in all very happy with Spotify and my little Sonos speaker system.
Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks