Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2020, 08:47   #31
BHPian

Re: How are you spending time in the lockdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Its my Boss, and well yes, I am working from home!
Expect the unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
It's really important for us to get some sunlight in the morning (7-9 AM) or in the evening (4-6 PM) when UV is lowest, maybe in your terrace.
Roger That ! We went up to the terrace and spend a good 1 hour there. As we walked, the kids rode their respective scooties. It is a good change !

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Fired up my 15 year old desktop to play the game that was shipped with the computer back in 2005: Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed. Most of the time though, I'm on my laptop playing another old game: Need For Speed Most Wanted
Need for Speed Most Wanted was a favourite at a point of time ... nostalgic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
I have restarted stock trading, out of boredom. Good time pass, right from morning 7.00 till 3.00 in the afternoon. Made 3000 bucks today, which I am on the lookout to splurge (on stocks of course) as I write.
That's a Good One ! Making money in lockdown times is just being genius. However, I thought the trade/ market was closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Combination of the below rough but nearly approximate estimates most of them.

Laptop / Emails / Browsing - 2 hours
Mobile Usage - whatsapp / Socail Media / Youtube - 3 hours
Excercise - 1 hour
Sleep - 8 Hours
Netflix / TV / News - Big screen basically - 2 hours
Books / Reading - 1 Hour
Food - 1 Hour
Leisure staring at window - 1 Hour
Phonecalls Audio / work / friends / family - 2 hours
Eating - 1 Hour
Cleaning / Household Chores - 1 Hour
Leisure Music and evening - 1 Hour.
That's a good way of breaking up the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Working from home, most of the time, and some activities like this to keep my son busy.
Attachment 1984338
That is so creative. Will try making that with my kiddos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Quite frankly this is the WORST time for a lockdown. Quarter endings are always the most taxing times for orders, revenues and cash collections. And to compound the problem there is no means (except phone) to reach out to the "mai baap" (customer) who himself is not so clear about future spendings.
Leave the stress behind brother. There is nothing much we can do. Persisting on following up with Mai Baaps will just strain business relations with them in the future and add stress to your daily routine which can be far more relaxed. We all have to face Quarter and Financial Year Ending; so it is best to plan it wisely for the oncoming year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna_ksh View Post
Going really good!! Have been detailing my cars as thats the best thing I can do as of now.
I applied a layer of 3M One Step Rubbing Compound for polish and post that applied Soft99 Hard Wax for the finish!!
Drool stuff mate ! Your car looks gorgeous ! I spent a lot of time detailing my SUV on 22nd of March 2020, the 1 day lockdown day. Was worth the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Weekdays are hectic, even more so than when I'm working from office. But the weekend is here and look what I found and dusted off
That's an awesome find. It is so pleasant to discover some hidden treasures while cleaning. Time to rediscover ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Our pathological lab is open and we are dealing with patients. So right now, I am not thoroughly jobless. So spending most of the time in our lab.
Kudos for the efforts you guys in the medical field are giving to the community. Respect that sincerely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Rather than these-

Eat
Sleep
Praise the wife
Repeat!
that is an awesome caption !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
These are trying times for sure, and its in our control to keep positive thoughts flowing in and keep negativity out. I am concentrating on online studies, brushing up my knowledge on various topics related to the field that I am working in.
I will do that from today mate. On a normal working day we do not have much time for such things as the daily gambit of affairs do not allow us to.

Quote:
Plan to start cooking soon.
I am not a kitchen person. Apart from Coffee, Maggi and a few dishes with Eggs, I cannot do much. However, I took up this challenge yesterday and told my wife to teach me some dishes. Landed up cooking Tsing Hoi Potatoes and Ginger Capsicum Fried Rice yesterday. Was edible ? Everyone relished it. Will do one dish daily to get a hang of things.

Quote:
Kids have their online classes, so they are busy for a few hours in the day.
The online classes have not started yet. Although we are expecting them to start soon. My daughter is completing her online assignments in the interim period.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 09:03   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

After 8 days of lockdown, took the car out today and went to the nearby market. Since I went around 6am, there was hardly any crowd and I manage to get some quality veggies. Since I had already stepped out, I gave the car some run around my locality. Got back, parked and put the car cover on. I had cleaned the car last Sunday and the cover has kept the car clean so far.

Every evening after work, I step out for a 45-60 min walk. In the last 4 days, I have started jogging and running too. Still need to work on my stamina and overcome the pain in my legs.

With the abundance of spare time now, I started doing a lot of dusting and cleaning - floor, washroom, shoes, car, almost everything! Feels very satisfying.

Every other day, I cook some dish and that keeps me occupied. Have learnt few new recipes from mom and have also taught her few of my own.

Edit: I used to love my copy of newspaper in the morning. I spent couple of hours everyday with it. With this lockdown, the paper supply has stopped and I can't help but miss it badly. So now I follow online articles (not very satisfying!)

Last edited by ashis89 : 29th March 2020 at 09:10.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 09:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

I was never used to work from home. What should have been a 2 hour job is now taking 3-4 hours due to network latencies, resource sharing and working in shifts. Thankfully, just like many, office work seems to keep me busy too.

On a lighter note, there is an unusually high spurt of husband-wife jokes on whatsapp doing rounds. Would like to hear from the experts.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 29th March 2020 at 09:35.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Sir, this is an open forum, Members and non members can browse the pages and read the posts. Only members can make comments on posts and non members are on read only mode.

When you post photos of your vehicles without your license plate masked, you will sometimes find that vehicle in some dealer's website as a vehicle for sale. This has been happening in the past and hence I believe moderators have asked members to always protect their privacy by masking the number.

With the Vaahan website open to all, a simple search will inform you the name and other details of the vehicle and if you are a shady person, you will set up a dummy vehicle on a website with actual information of the vehicle and dupe unsuspecting buyers who will take all your information as truth since the Vaahan website backs up your claim.
I still don't understand it. If someone wants to sell a Volkswagen Vento he will put the photos of some good looking Vento with unmasked plates from TeamBhp. Seeing the nice photos some buyer will make a online transfer and ask to deliver the vehicle at his place - is that what you are trying to tell?
bharatbits is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 13:26   #35
BHPian

I think we are digressing from the essence of this thread. Anyways, getting things back to Topic. I was out to buy some Essentials today and after I was back, I thought of putting some time into rejuvenating the BMC Air Filter and the Jopasu Dusters.

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-20200330_131906.jpg

What a mess it was to clean them. Have kept them to dry up post which will Oil the BMC Air Filter and wax the Jopasu Car Cotton Duster.

CLEANING THE CLEANING APPARATUS !
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 13:57   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
I still don't understand it. If someone wants to sell a Volkswagen Vento he will put the photos of some good looking Vento with unmasked plates from TeamBhp. Seeing the nice photos some buyer will make a online transfer and ask to deliver the vehicle at his place - is that what you are trying to tell?
Partly yes.

You are interested in buying a vehicle and find a great specimen on a reseller's site. You get the license plate since the plate is not masked and you do your due diligence and find that its insurance is up to date and its fitness is up to date etc. Maybe if it is in your city, you will visit a service center and get information of the owner from them and service history.
Now you are tempted to make a payment because you feel the vehicle is perfect. The fraud now has you 90% in his grasp and once you make the part payment, you will contact the vehicle owner thinking that you were interacting with the vehicle owner since you got his details from Vaahan site or service center but that owner does not even know that his vehicle was put up for sale on a fraud website. Now you and owner will be fighting and the fraud has absconded with part of your hard earned money.
Hence it is advisable to always mask vehicle license plate to prevent yourself from becoming a victim of a fraud.

This is the only reason I can think of as to why most members mask their license plate number.
Old 30th March 2020, 14:28   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

He is almost 80 now.. what's our excuse ?

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-capturesks.jpg
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 18:03   #38
BHPian

Helping with household chores during corona virus lock down

Due to the current lock down our household helpers are on leave as well, there must be some who do all the work themselves but i am sure 95% of us have household helpers. So how are you coping with the lack of helpers? and in what way are you helping with the household chores?

I live with my parents and my sister is at at home too, so while my sister has taken the floor sweeping job, i have opted for the mopping work. Moreover we all wash our individual utensils as well. Father too helps in whatever way he can.

So what about you guys?
Old 30th March 2020, 20:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

My task for today evening: Clean my team-bhp inbox It was 100% full today.

Planning to do the same for all my mail inboxes in the next few days.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 00:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Did a headlight restoration on my car over the last few days. One turned out good and the other needs to be redone.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 04:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

My non office activities include:
i) yoga in the morning, mostly suryanamaskars, occasional walk within our society
compound
ii) floor mopping for one or two rooms (since housemaid's on leave)
iii) the occasional sparring with SO which is inevitable under the circumstances followed by some silly joke to lighten the mood
iv) learning new stuff on my Korg Music keyboard
v) Taking my cars out for a short drive within the society (every 2-3 days).
vi) Catching up on automobile reviews (especially for 2 wheelers) since that's the first thing I would like to buy once this situation improves.
vii) Finally, BHPing with you fine folks !
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 07:06   #42
BHPian

For Metallica fans: 2017 Paris live show being streamed live on FB. Now.
https://www.facebook.com/david.giles...0466321/?t=362
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 07:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
I've been driving around all day. Really.Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed
Just love this game. Thank you for reminding. I'm going to fire this in addition to Age of Empires 3
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 14:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

I am painting our apartment during the weekends. My target is to complete one room every weekend. I have started collecting materials from end of February and now making good use of the lockdown weekends. Only issue is that I don't have paints for kid's rooms. Kids wanted theme based painting and I could not buy paints earlier as kids have not finalized themes yet.
Attached Thumbnails
How are you spending time in the lockdown?-paint1.jpg  

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-paint2.jpg  

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-paint3.jpg  

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-paint4.jpg  

How are you spending time in the lockdown?-paint5.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 31st March 2020 at 14:30.
airbus is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 15:02   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Am a guy who eats out more often than not. There have often been days when I've eaten all 3 meals at work. Haven't eaten these many meals at home since I was 17 and living with my mom! Or washed this many plates...

Last edited by am1m : 31st March 2020 at 15:05.
am1m is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks