Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2019, 09:15   #6271
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Guys,

Off topic.

Got addicted to Hanayama Cast Metal Puzzles. In here they cost me more than 2 K for each puzzle, but in US and other places, its at its regular price of USD 10.

Any website or place in here where we can purchase HANAYAMA puzzles ? Have searched a lot of places, but with no luck.

Looking for guidance
Old 21st February 2019, 09:23   #6272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Its the time of the Chinese new year and a lot of shipments of mine are delayed, but there was an outlier
Attachment 1849770

No, this isnt expedited shipping but rather free shipping, and NO, it isnt DHL or Fedex Date of order was 13th Feb.
Looks like your package got caught in a jetstream!
Old 21st February 2019, 09:31   #6273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Looks like your package got caught in a jetstream!
Yes, and Fedex saw this and they wanted to take the competition to the next level. My parcel started from Shenzen -> Delhi -> Dubai -> Bangalore and still reached within three days These guys are amazing. The only issue with Fedex and DHL is they charge a ton as handling fees. Yesterday, customs on one of my orders was Rs 192, GST some 400 odd and FEDEX clearance fees is 500. Guess the premium paid is worth it in case someone wants super early shipping. These guys are amazing:
The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg

Initially I could not believe that the box went to Dubai from Delhi. That too it was a 5 foot long carton and weighed around 7 kilos. But when I checked some flight records, it did come to Bangalore on a Fedex flight from Dubai. Wonder how it makes economic sense that way.
Old 21st February 2019, 10:40   #6274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, and Fedex saw this and they wanted to take the competition to the next level. My parcel started from Shenzen -> Delhi -> Dubai -> Bangalore and still reached within three days These guys are amazing. The only issue with Fedex and DHL is they charge a ton as handling fees. Yesterday, customs on one of my orders was Rs 192, GST some 400 odd and FEDEX clearance fees is 500. Guess the premium paid is worth it in case someone wants super early shipping. These guys are amazing:

Initially I could not believe that the box went to Dubai from Delhi. That too it was a 5 foot long carton and weighed around 7 kilos. But when I checked some flight records, it did come to Bangalore on a Fedex flight from Dubai. Wonder how it makes economic sense that way.
Air freight economies work is a different way. Not the usual shortest route is the best.Delhi->Dubai->Bangalore would have worked out cheaper than Delhi->Bangalore. I know this sounds ridiculous but the guys at Fedex would have done the math before allowing the parcel to take the circuitous route.

Yes. Fedex/DHL/Bluedart are excellent when you need an item F-A-S-T
Old 21st February 2019, 12:27   #6275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fedex has a large sorting centre in Dubai. They probably run cargo flights between Dubai and both Delhi & Bangalore, but not one directly between Delhi and Bangalore. So for them the choice is either to use existing capacity (near-zero marginal cost) on their own planes in Delhi-Dubai-Bangalore or pay some local carrier to do a direct Delhi-Bangalore, raising their costs by that much.
Old 21st February 2019, 15:55   #6276
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone got their KYC updated at Amazon? My KYC documents were collected some 20 days ago but my KYC is still not updated with amazon. Now getting worried about the sensitive nature of documents. Pinged amazon about it and they said it shall be updated within 48 hours. That was 4 days ago.
Old 21st February 2019, 16:20   #6277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anyone got their KYC updated at Amazon? My KYC documents were collected some 20 days ago but my KYC is still not updated with amazon.
You're lucky. I scheduled a pickup on 10/2 but nobody turned up. Followed up with Amazon customer care, got an email from some agency (iCredulity?) that they're sorry and would like to reschedule, and it'll be two weeks come Saturday.
Old 21st February 2019, 16:43   #6278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Now getting worried about the sensitive nature of documents.
Did the person collect any physical documents from you? I did the KYC today and the guy came, opened my Amazon app and clicked pics of the PAN card / driving license. He did not ask for any documents even though I had photocopies ready. I did sign on one form though.
Old 21st February 2019, 16:44   #6279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You're lucky. I scheduled a pickup on 10/2 but nobody turned up. Followed up with Amazon customer care, got an email from some agency (iCredulity?) that they're sorry and would like to reschedule, and it'll be two weeks come Saturday.
Actually not! Nobody turned up, neither rescheduled, nor informed us regarding collection of my wife's KYC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Did the person collect any physical documents from you? I did the KYC today and the guy came, opened my Amazon app and clicked pics of the PAN card / driving license. He did not ask for any documents even though I had photocopies ready. I did sign on one form though.
Yes, he did collect physical documents, self attested.

Last edited by saket77 : 21st February 2019 at 16:46.
Old 21st February 2019, 17:02   #6280
BHPian

How good is store.royalenfield.com? Ordered a polo t-shirt couple of days before. Till now order is not shipped. Tried reaching them over email id provided, but no luck.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2019 at 10:43. Reason: Please don't use spaces before punctuation marks. Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 18:58   #6281
BHPian

Has anyone bought accessories on actionpro.in. They are selling accessories for GoPro and other action cameras. I have ordered an item and made a payment online. Till date, even after 25 days, there is no delivery nor any reply to emails. Seems to be a fake website. So, beware.
Old 21st February 2019, 22:01   #6282
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
If you use an android phone, they do not need to fill the physical form etc, but if you use an iphone, then everything is old technology (fill up form with pen, photocopies etc) - at least that's what the guy came for my KYC told me.
Old 21st February 2019, 22:33   #6283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgun View Post
How good is store.royalenfield.com . Ordered a polo t-shirt couple of days before. Till now order is not shipped. Tried reaching them over email id provided , but no luck.
Just posted an experience with the Royal Enfield online store in this thread.

There is a lot of delay in their deliveries. Call their toll-free number and register a complaint.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 21st February 2019 at 22:34.
Old 22nd February 2019, 10:37   #6284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Just posted an experience with the Royal Enfield online store in this thread.

There is a lot of delay in their deliveries. Call their toll-free number and register a complaint.
Hi Sanjay, Seems they have carried over the two wheeler business DNA to online store too. Yes , I tried reaching them over customer care but it was another joke. I was having a dilemma over my next two wheeler purchase. With this experience its a royal goodbye to classic 350.
Old 24th February 2019, 08:34   #6285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Has anyone got access to this Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card? Seems pretty neat, considering I do a lot of purchasing on Amazon, helps with the 6 month No Cost EMI options.

I have not got an invite yet.
I got the amazon pay card the day i first saw it on my amazon app. It got issued within 2 min and delivered in 2 days as i already had an icici card. I have been using it the most since then and get about 500-800 cashback as amazon pay balance each month. Also got 2000rs balance after completing transactions worth 50,000 in 90 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks