Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2019, 07:41   #6451
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And ignore the instructions to throw them away when they are still brushing. This is the electric tooth brush scam: get people buying several heads a year, each of which costs far more than ordinary toothbrush. Oral B have these bristles that change colour: I ignore them!

How long do you use a head? And how many times do you brush a day?
Old 3rd October 2019, 05:25   #6452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How long do you use a head? And how many times do you brush a day?
I brush once a day (supposed to be twice, I was taught) and I doubt that I use more than a couple of heads a year.

One has to learn to use minimal pressure with an electric toothbrush. Let the tool do the work! I've been using them for decades and I'm still tempted to push. This will cause the bristles to splay outwards. When that happens the brush really should be replaced.

Another thing I like about the Oral B is the 3d action. This is good for gum massage as well as cleaning teeth.
Old 3rd October 2019, 07:19   #6453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I brush once a day (supposed to be twice, I was taught) and I doubt that I use more than a couple of heads a year.

One has to learn to use minimal pressure with an electric toothbrush. Let the tool do the work! I've been using them for decades and I'm still tempted to push. This will cause the bristles to splay outwards. When that happens the brush really should be replaced.

Another thing I like about the Oral B is the 3d action. This is good for gum massage as well as cleaning teeth.
I started using electric toothbrushes after the dentist complained that my brushing technique was bad, and that I should be brushing in a circular motion. I went for Oral B PRO 2 2000 since I was afraid of using too much pressure. The toothbrush has worked perfectly, and alerts with lighting if I use too much pressure. It has kept me and my dentist happy.
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:14   #6454
BHPian

I don't know if this is the right thread for my question --
I need some info on Quartz counter top cleaners, can someone recommend a few options ? I would like to know if glass cleaners, shampoo, soap, handwash products can be used to wipe off stains on a Quartz Counter top.
Old 3rd October 2019, 09:24   #6455
Senior - BHPian

Always keep Bar Keepers Friend handy. Its great on quartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
I need some info on Quartz counter top cleaners, can someone recommend a few options ? I would like to know if glass cleaners, shampoo, soap, handwash products can be used to wipe off stains on a Quartz Counter top.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_2122.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2019, 10:02   #6456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I want to try electric brush (for the first time) and request the experts here to suggest a model. Budget around 2.5k.
I use the Oral B Pro 600. Though the thing is pricey, at Rs. 2999 (on Amazon currently) it is worth the price as most dentists today recommend electric toothbrushes for better cleansing. It is quite well built with good materials. This model is close to your budget.
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:07   #6457
BHPian

Did anyone pamper their cars by buying products this festive season on amazon and flipkart?

There seem to be good discounts on car products which we may exploit
Old 3rd October 2019, 10:07   #6458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I use the Oral B Pro 600. Though the thing is pricey, at Rs. 2999 (on Amazon currently) it is worth the price as most dentists today recommend electric toothbrushes for better cleansing. It is quite well built with good materials. This model is close to your budget.
Thanks for your suggestion. I will go ahead and order the same.
Old 11th October 2019, 15:54   #6459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I started using electric toothbrushes after the dentist complained that my brushing technique was bad, and that I should be brushing in a circular motion. I went for Oral B PRO 2 2000 since I was afraid of using too much pressure. The toothbrush has worked perfectly, and alerts with lighting if I use too much pressure. It has kept me and my dentist happy.

Glad you guys brought up this topic. Cleaned up my old electric toothbrush, changed the batteries and a little WD40 on the switch got it working like new. It helped that I had a set of replacement heads bought from China before the Aliexpress days.

YouTube re-educated me on the benefits and the right way to brush, and I'm an enthusiast again
Old 17th October 2019, 15:27   #6460
Senior - BHPian

Anybody order from Pepperfry in Bangalore? I'm having a nightmare with a simple bookshelf order delayed by over 10 days, and no intimation, in-spite of close follow ups every day etc. Half the time their in-app email doesn't work, phones are engaged, processes are cumbersome. Finally on delivery day, the delivery boy decides to turn up in the evening for a morning drop off. Then, the next day it has to be assembled - and the carpenter shows up at odd hours saying he is busy and expecting the customer to wait all day. Next day, same story. Can't reach out to promoters either (while the provision is there). Pepperfry is going down. Urban Ladder is much, much better I felt.
Old 17th October 2019, 15:38   #6461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Did anyone pamper their cars by buying products this festive season on amazon and flipkart?

There seem to be good discounts on car products which we may exploit
Please tell us what you bought. Today is the last day and I have not bought a single thing this Diwali.
Old 17th October 2019, 17:49   #6462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Please tell us what you bought. Today is the last day and I have not bought a single thing this Diwali.
STP for Diesel, Micro Fiber clothes, Jopasu Duster and car air purifier.

Really need to give importance even to other aspects of life than my cars
Old 17th October 2019, 17:55   #6463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
STP for Diesel, Micro Fiber clothes, Jopasu Duster and car air purifier.

Really need to give importance even to other aspects of life than my cars
LOL! I am loaded to the gills with those.

And as far as the other aspects of my life goes, I've already heard a mouthful this morning when I was asked for a gift for Karwa Chauth and drew a complete blank as to what I'd be getting.
Old 21st October 2019, 10:18   #6464
Distinguished - BHPian

Did any one shop from amazon using their Axis bank debit card in last couple of days? Looks like they have some issue redirecting to the payment gateway and the debit cards are not working. Can anyone confirm that?
Old 21st October 2019, 10:20   #6465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Did any one shop from amazon using their Axis bank debit card in last couple of days? Looks like they have some issue redirecting to the payment gateway and the debit cards are not working. Can anyone confirm that?
I am having issues adding cards for EMI :( Citibank card as well as SBI card not available for EMI is what they say.

Looking to buy the Kindle. Is it worth the money or using the Kindle app is good enough?

Most Viewed