Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2020, 06:39   #6556
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Has anyone heard of a marketplace web commerce engine called TIMES ZONE.IN?
Take a look. It is a “Secuire” website atleast it has that LOCK Icon.
The products featured are predominantly Apple iPhones and Apple Watches and they say these are refurbished.
The prices seem almost too good to be true.
I would appreciate feedback on this site if anyone has ever used it please.
Google shows the contact number belongs to
Quote:
Delta Securites. Shop No-9, Mahipalpur TEJ Pal Mkt, Delhi , Delhi - 110037 +(91)-8010155566
They seem to have a lot of tendencies sprinkled in their website
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 06:49   #6557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Having a "lock" alone does not protect you from a scam.

Their cancellation policy wordings are a red flag to me. Be careful!

Quote:
Cancellation Policy
Timeszone believes in serving to its customers as way as doable, and has thus a liberal cancellation policy.
How do I cancel associate degree order on timeszone
– If sadly you have got to cancel associate degree order, please do therefore at intervals twenty four hours of putting the order.

For outright cancellations by you:
– If you cancel your order before your product has shipped, we’ll refund the complete quantity.

If the cancellation is once your product has shipped:
– If you received the merchandise, it’ll be eligible for replacement, solely in cases wherever there any defects found with the merchandise.
Dry Ice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 07:23   #6558
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Google shows the contact number belongs to

They seem to have a lot of tendencies sprinkled in their website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Having a "lock" alone does not protect you from a scam.

Their cancellation policy wordings are a red flag to me. Be careful!
Mahipalpur. That is in itself sufficient. I remember that jungle from the 1990’s when all the “Factory Outlet” Stores were being set up there. While the prices offered on Times Zone.in are actually too good be true, one had better remember the old adage, “If it looks too good to be true, chances are it isn’t true.” I certainly dont want ‘greed’ for super cheap apple devices to become a cause for my undoing...
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 11:23   #6559
BHPian

Quote:
That site has a SSL certificate issued by Let's Encrypt - a free SSL registrar. It is primarily intended for general sites and not for ecommerce sites or sites where they collect sensitive information. For normal ecommerce sites you need to source your SSL certificates from established 'authorities' .

To check for the issuing authority click on the green lock and on the ensuing dialogue box which says Secure Connection click on the right arrow where it will show the ownership of the company along with the issuer.
If the issuer is Let's Encrypt or Cpanel for a site that collects your Credit Card information, avoid. The site may use a payment gateway for financial transaction after the shopping cart. But still you need to establish your credibility at the first page.

You need to look for Extended Validation Certificate (green lock with the company name) for really safe transaction. Bank sites will usually carry the EV SSL certificates. In the example screenshot, you can see the issuing authority on hovering the mouse over the green lock.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-evssl.jpg  

Prowler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 18:38   #6560
BHPian

Is headphonezone.in a trustworthy site?
I want to buy a noise cancelling headphone, Amazon and Flipkart are not delivering to my place yet.
I really liked the Plantronics Back Beat Pro.
Old 14th June 2020, 19:48   #6561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I want to buy a noise cancelling headphone, Amazon and Flipkart are not delivering to my place yet.
Very slick website! I have not used them, but here's my experience with two other sites :
Before lockdown - Electroniks-India
I ordered a Mi branded water flosser that wasn't available on Amazon. Nowhere was it mentioned that it would be shipped from Singapore, and I ended up waiting about 45 days.

After/during lockdown (May 12th) - TATA CLIQ
Delivery would be delayed they said, but Amazon was delivering as scheduled. Only Amazon did not deliver water purifiers at that time. They did deliver and I was grateful, but it was nothing like Amazon delivery and service. Their app and logistics are not to be compared to Amazon. They are still calling me to check if the water purifier had been delivered (got a call yesterday, nearly a month after installation)

So, if you want to risk it, you could try the other online stores (Flipkart is fine, service is good, though not as good as Amazon). My suggestion would be to wait a bit - though I know how impatient you must be.
mvadg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 10:58   #6562
BHPian

I was just checking for some cheap headphones for kid and noticed that the boat brand has unusually high reviews (sample image is attached). So my question is can sites like Amazon be fooled to increase review rates or are all these reviews authentic?

The Online Shopping Thread-boatreview.png
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 11:13   #6563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
I was just checking for some cheap headphones for kid and noticed that the boat brand has unusually high reviews (sample image is attached). So my question is can sites like Amazon be fooled to increase review rates or are all these reviews authentic?
I don't know about reviews, but boat products are quite decent and for the price they are VFM. In recent times though other manufacturers like JBL/Infinity/Sony also have launched cheaper products hence Boat may not seem all the great.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:19   #6564
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2024382
Using 3 pairs of boat wired earphones(different models) and 2 wireless headphones. Not a single problem since 2 years. Very rugged, good sound quality and no cracks on rubber parts.
akhil_007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:39   #6565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
all these reviews authentic?
All you need to do is type great product and click on the rating and viola, you have review the product Just a suggestion, pick an over the headphone and not an in-ear.
I have been using the Infinity Glide 510 headset over the last 2 weeks and found it to be very good for its price. Sound quality is almost neutral but the surprising part is the mic, picks up voice very well even though its not an extended unit. Comes with bluetooth 5.0 because of which the overall experience is really good.
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 11:21   #6566

Heads up for those like me who automatically assumed Bajaj products were made in India. My faithful Philips toaster was toast. So looked at offerings on Amazon, mindful of country of origin. I particularly wanted to avoid one big bully country. I knew Bajaj sold Morphy Richards brand products in India which are now made in China. So chose the presumed desi Bajaj toaster. Used it a few days happy in my patriotic choice. Then the bubble burst. A friend said just look at the label at bottom. Guess what: Product of Peoples Republic of China!

Posted a one-star review on Amazon which of course they did not publish.
udaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 11:49   #6567
Senior - BHPian

I recently purchased a boAt aavante 1580 model 2.1 channel soundbar (120w RMS). boAt is an Indian brand but its products are made in China. Sound quality of speakers is 'amazing for the given price' (4999 during sale, 7999 during routine times). I dont mind buying China made products from Indian brands for the time being but have stopped buying stuff of Chinese companies such as Mi etc.
Old 5th July 2020, 11:54   #6568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Yeah, they have been around for a while, I forgot their old name before they changed to headphonezone.in. I had bought from them years back. Generally they are good and rarely do people have issues from them.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 11:00   #6569
Distinguished - BHPian

What is with Aliexpress and their ridiculously high shipping costs to India these days? Is it aftermath of corona or because of the India China standoff at the borders?
Old 10th July 2020, 11:36   #6570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What is with Aliexpress and their ridiculously high shipping costs to India these days? Is it aftermath of corona or because of the India China standoff at the borders?
I guess it is an easy and diplomatic way of saying they don't want to do business with India. Otherwise, they will have to put up a message on their website for all to see. This way, only Indians will come to know that they are reluctant to deal with India and Indians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks