Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2020, 13:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Which fitness tracker & app do you use?

I use an Apple Watch along with the Activity app on IOS and I think the activity tracking is more than I can ever need. The best part of the Activity app i like is the Trends section, which lets you know where you're slacking and where you're moving in the right direction in terms of calories, steps, VO2, distance, stand hours etc etc. Of course, it needs 6 months of data before it starts showing trends (which is perfectly fine, as fitness isnt a short term journey!!!)
The only thing I miss is sleep tracking which is not available on my Apple Watch.
Old 12th May 2020, 14:06   #17
BHPian

Using an Amazfit Stratos since a year. Got a transreflective color screen, 5 days battery life, accurate GPS and heartbeat tracking, ceramic scratch free bezels etc. As I'm low on physical activity, the only real purpose it does now is for notifications.
Old 12th May 2020, 14:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
I use the Honor Band 4 and Huawei health for my fitness activities since the band was released
I'm also using honor band and GT2 smartwatch( with gps) with Health app. Everything is fairly accurate but my gps location is always somewhat shifted. I think it has something to do with Chinese geocoordinate system.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th May 2020 at 15:46. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 12th May 2020, 14:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

I use galaxy watch along with Samsung health app in my One plus 7T. Watch has been a great companion. In addition to tracking sleep, steps, workout, I use watch to check email, whatsapp, messages . When phone is not around, I take calls in watch. When I go for walk, workout, dont take my phone, in built eSim helps me stream music and also on board storage helps me store songs.
Samsung health app has all required features.
Old 12th May 2020, 19:22   #20
BHPian

I use Apple Watch Series 4, with the inbuilt Activity+Health apps, and I also use Pillow (sleep tracking), Lose It (food tracking), Headspace (Meditation).

All of the ancillary apps tie into Apple Health, which allows to great insights and comparisons.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 22:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

I use Runtastic app on my phone to keep track of my runs. I have a TomTom watch that can track HR, steps, sleep and my runs. The watch has an accompanying app with which I sync the data. The TomTom app is also connected to Strava, so all my runs are synced to Strava as well.

Why have the same data in many places? Well, when I started running a few years back, I had no watch and I used an app called Cardiotrainer to keep track of my runs. Couple of years later, the support for that app was stopped by its creators, so I installed Runtastic. However, the old app did not support easy exporting of activities (no cloud backup either) and Runtastic did not support easy import of activities. I didn't want to lose my old activity data, so I ended up keeping both apps. Then I got the watch, but there was no way to connect the watch to Runtastic app or to import any activities to the TomTom app. So, then I ended up having three apps. Meanwhile my old Cardiotrainer app made it easy to export activities. I then got a Strava account and uploaded all my old activity data to Strava. I have now deleted the old app and I really don't need Runtastic either, but I still keep using Runtastic. I will probably stop using it some time in the future.
Old 12th May 2020, 23:51   #22
BHPian

I'm in Apple Ecosystem hence my Apple watch tracks things like Steps, Calorie burnt, Activity level, etc. In addition to that, I use Healthify app in which I track my daily calorie intake. It gives you insight into the macros of what you are eating, e.g Carbs, Protein & Fat. Great for the purpose. Only thing I'm missing is the sleep tracker as it won't work in any of the apps if one is not wearing any kind of Watch/band and I hate to wear those while sleeping.
Old 13th May 2020, 00:13   #23
BHPian

I use the MiBand3 along with MiFit app. It serves the purpose of tracking various activities like running, walking and uses the phone GPS. Its completely waterproof so no need to remove while showering, swimming etc.
I do a 10-km run 3 times a week. Started after lockdown began. And its an indoor run.. up and down the hallroom. Boring but gets the job done.
Attached Thumbnails
Which fitness tracker & app do you use?-mifit_12052020.jpg  

Old 13th May 2020, 00:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
IMHO the best advice to be followed in this regard was by Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius - be conscious of your health and fitness, not obsessive.
+100 to that!!
I just have an Amazfit Bip with Mi fit (for weather alerts and watch updates) and Google Fit (for the times when I don't have the watch on me just my phone).

Also, Question for Everyone, Favourite Amazfit Bip watchface?
arindam.dino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 09:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post

IMHO the best advice to be followed in this regard was by Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius - be conscious of your health and fitness, not obsessive.
Upvote that!
It is very important to realise and practice not getting too much obsessed with all these data and statistics given by the apps.
One should use them as easy-to-monitor first line indicators. As I had mentioned in my earlier post also, regular health check-ups should not be over looked.
bimal_67 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 10:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can I be a little oldschool here?
[/ATTACH]
This is definitely old school. But let me tell you these are some of the best!

The new age trackers definitely provide great deal of information and helps an individual to be self disciplined, focused and targeted to the goal. However, the biggest flip side of this is, though never discussed or spoken, when it becomes a habit to share workouts with your friends and fitness partners, without once knowing one becomes obsessive for the sake of numbers, and in long run most of them end-up with injuries. Sport injuries, specially repetitive use or over use body injuries sometimes are irreversible.

But a controlled and guided use with help of mentors, these trackers and apps are a great boon!
LoneRidder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 15:29   #27
Team-BHP Support

Basic steps, Heart Rate etc would be a part of the tracking device ecosystem. One prominent among them is Apple. Rest all are fragmented based on devices used.

Apart from regular health parameters, if folks needs to track their workouts especially running/walking/cycling etc, we will see Garmin coming into picture. (Even I use one, primarily to track running).

Another class are some generic non-device related apps. Example Endomondo.
Old 13th May 2020, 17:00   #28

I use an Amazfit Bip Lite along with the Mi Fit app as my fitness tracker; I also have a Mi Band 3 which can be used with the same app but some how I am unable to quickly swtch profiles and have 2 watches logged in to the same app.
All in all, a nice budget affair.
Old 13th May 2020, 17:34   #29
VVN
BHPian

Apple watch for me. As people pointed out, it is all I ever needed without feeling the need to invest in an app. If you are in the Apple ecosystem, data transfer, sync between devices is absolutely seamless. Steps for the day, calories burnt and KMs/Miles covered are some of the metrics I track apart from the regular old school workout routine. I started the lockdown at 83Kgs with the goal to go back to 67-70Kgs. Half way there with the weight currently between 74-75Kgs. And I must say, the watch has played a huge role in this journey.
Old 13th May 2020, 20:44   #30
BHPian

Appears to be a good news for medical devices in general, and for apple watch in particular -

Future Apple Watch could measure blood pressure without extra peripherals

Quote:
While you can get blood pressure apps for the Apple Watch, they require an extra device, such as a blood pressure cuff, which wraps around the whole wrist. "Pressure measurement designs," US Patent No 10,646,121 describes a way of doing without that cuff and still achieving accuracy in both positioning and data.

What Apple proposes is that rather than having sensors arranged through a cuff or other wrist-wrapping extra device, the Watch itself gains a spread of sensors. A combination of hardware and software leverages this array of sensors to calculate accurate readings.
I look forward to that integration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks