Distinguished - BHPian

Humorator - good one. Any synonyms?
Old 15th March 2007, 12:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Humorator - good one. Any synonyms?
Humonger.

Anyway, the "chase" part of the story must be highly exaggerated by the media. Me thinks there was no tyre squealing Ronin-apeing chase, even though the driver was a female.
She must be simply following him around. Hence it hardly qualifies as a "hot" pursuit.
Old 15th March 2007, 12:50   #48
Team-BHP Support

maybe it was a stealth chase with the chasee not knowing that the chaser was chasing.

Is that allowed in the rules of the chase costitution elf?
Old 15th March 2007, 12:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

elf thanks for entertaining as always.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
[*]Overinflated Tyres with Alloys.
Anybody found using overinflated tyres with alloys, especially on Hyundai vehicles, shall be immediately correct, irrespective of their political leanings. However, such persons shall be discouraged from taking part in such chases due to the unfair advantage of phenomenal acceleration due to increased road grip such tyre & alloy combinations afford them.
To note: Only 12J tyres with 79psi & above qualify under this clause.[/list]
Very hilarious stuff ....
Old 15th March 2007, 12:56   #50
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Would have given the cops a good reason to make money from both parties & settle the deal. Any other options you got ??
The cops aren't always as bad as that. If a lady complains and gives them the number of the offending vehicle they would likely take it seriously. Especially if the lady is a local and the offender is an outsider.
Quote:
BTW, if you are talking about dangerous driving, whats that on your avatar ? 160KMPH on a Santro ??? talk about dangerous.
Come on, you should know by now that I don't do those speeds outside the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

Getting back to topic, what is absurd here is that the guy claims he was headed back towards Kerala when the incident happened; here is the quote from the link:
Quote:
Munaf told the Police that he had been to Bangalore to attend an interview along with his companion and was returning to Kerala when the mishap occurred.
Apparently he had a good enough lead to be able to drop off his companion at a hostel. Instead of going around in circles in the city (where the local lady holds the advantage), why didn't he just take the highway towards Kerala and floor the pedal? After all he is already familiar with the Kerala route, having come by that road. I doubt if the local lady would know anything about giving a high-speed chase on the highway even if she contemplated it. Of course, her mobile contacts and her proud father (see the link) would no doubt have told her to go for it.

Last edited by rks : 15th March 2007 at 12:59.
Old 15th March 2007, 13:37   #51
rks
BANNED

Quote:
  1. Overinflated Tyres with Alloys.
    Anybody found using overinflated tyres with alloys, especially on Hyundai vehicles, shall be immediately correct, irrespective of their political leanings. However, such persons shall be discouraged from taking part in such chases due to the unfair advantage of phenomenal acceleration due to increased road grip such tyre & alloy combinations afford them.
    To note: Only 12J tyres with 79psi & above qualify under this clause.
Really funny post, Elf. Seriously, why don't come with me on any Monday morning when I normally take my alloys-laden Santro from Mumbai to Pune? I start from Sion Circle around 7-45 AM and by 9-45 AM, I will be at (or close to) Bibewadi, 162 kims away. You can see first-hand the differences between 4" steel wheels and 5" alloys.
Old 15th March 2007, 14:13   #52
Team-BHP Support

Elf, you had me in splits man! Hilarious post. Please do not think of racing with your 4"x12j steel wheeled Lancer or we will have another thread here with overinflated posts.
Old 15th March 2007, 15:49   #53
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
maybe it was a stealth chase with the chasee not knowing that the chaser was chasing.

Is that allowed in the rules of the chase costitution elf?
Dunno man, I just quoted the James Hadley Chase Law of 1881. For further details, please ask the law framer or esteem_lover, who happened to be around when it was framed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
... Seriously, why don't come with me on any Monday morning when I normally take my alloys-laden Santro from Mumbai to Pune? I start from Sion Circle around 7-45 AM and by 9-45 AM, I will be at (or close to) Bibewadi, 162 kims away. ...
Never heard of Bribewadi. Is that where the cops gather?

And did I hear somebody say Sion Circle? Which Sion Circle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
... Please do not think of racing with your 4"x12j steel wheeled Lancer or we will have another thread here with overinflated posts.
To all those who go around ridiculing my ride, I now call upon thee to cease this slander. My Lancer (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-281.html) has Goodyear Eagle Ventura 205/55R15s inflated with dry nitrogen on 15x6.5J alloys. I think that's a bit upsized. And I make no overinflated posts. Mine are currently at 28psi.

The engine is two cylindered today, as am using the other two as reservoirs for windscreen washer fluid & a brake fluid.

Last edited by elf : 15th March 2007 at 15:52.
Old 15th March 2007, 16:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The cops aren't always as bad as that. If a lady complains and gives them the number of the offending vehicle they would likely take it seriously. Especially if the lady is a local and the offender is an outsider.

The first thing the cops would say is ' claim insurance saar'. i have seen this happen many times.
Old 15th March 2007, 16:26   #55
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Never heard of Bribewadi. Is that where the cops gather?
And did I hear somebody say Sion Circle? Which Sion Circle...
Googled "Bibewadi", and it asked me "Did you mean Bibwewadi"? Of course I did, thanks to Google. Bibwewadi is about 4 kms after Katraj on the Satara road, and from there Kondhwa, Pune (where I stay) is just another 5 kms or so. Those 9 kms are a real pain, narrow and traffic-filled. But this route is still better on most days than passing through Pune city (Aundh or Baner routes).

I thought there was only one Sion circle, on Ambedkar road, near Sion flyover. But I don't know Mumbai that well.
Old 15th March 2007, 17:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Two observations.

1. The girl could have simply noted down the number of the Indica and registered a complaint of hit and run with the police. Would have worked just as well, with no risky car chase in a crowded city and no risk of getting hurt by the thug(s).

Do you believe it will work for every one ? It will work only for the influential. Yesterday my inlaws Baleno got a hit from rear side by an govt bus. Police man simply its not easy to register a case and proceed. Instead get a insurance certificate and claim it.

Quote:
2. In the city the girl should not have needed two hours for her Santro to catch up with an Indica
Looks she is not a another moran. She did an exemplary action. Kudos.
Old 15th March 2007, 18:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Humour and leg-pulling aside, I think some very pertinent points were raised -

1. The lady was equally rash chasing the cab driver - slow speed, Santro and alloys not withstanding.
2. We are presuming that the fault lay with the cab driver

I will reserve judgment on this one and shut up for now.
Old 15th March 2007, 18:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Humour and leg-pulling aside, I think some very pertinent points were raised -

1. The lady was equally rash chasing the cab driver - slow speed, Santro and alloys not withstanding.

I will reserve judgment on this one and shut up for now.
My thoughts exactly, but they were lost in the humor posts.
Old 15th March 2007, 18:16   #59
BHPian

Follow up of the story

Quote:
Father is proud

Dayashankar, father of Shruti, indeed feels proud of his daughter for her dare devilry last night.

He was talking to Star of Mysore this morning at V.V. Puram Police Station.

"It really was an adventure. Women should act courageously when they confront such situations," he added.

"My daughter is really bold. But she had never come across such incidents," he said.

He also said that Munaf had offered to meet the expenses towards the damage to his daughter's car.
Old 15th March 2007, 18:37   #60
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
If you read the original post, it states clearly that the first move was actually made by Munaf and his companion, who got down from their cars and abused Shruti. Clearly they wouldn't do that if they felt they were guilty. The fact that Munaf subsequently tried to flee and agreed to pay for damage to Shruti's car could well be due to the fact that Shruti, being a local, could muster support from the crowd and the police. It is hopeless to expect a factual and objective analysis of the incident. The police probably pressured Munaf to settle out of court or else face the consequences with false cases foisted on them, etc. Whether or not it was Munaf's fault, he and his companion made life difficult for themselves by being rude and abusive. Always pays to be diplomatic and courteous in these situations.

Edit: I don't think the article states that Munaf was a cab driver.

Last edited by rks : 15th March 2007 at 18:42.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks